Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

i have a huge dilemma my league just started a $1 per transaction(we're playing for money) should i keep Haslem or should i pickup Beasley,AK47,Hakim Warrick, or Felton. i lost Al Jeff so im looking for a player to produce in rebs and other categories.
A $1 transaction fee? How does this work, if you don't mind explaining it to me? So with these $1 transactions, does that mean that it builds up the pot at the end of the season?

In regards to your question, if you're looking for rebounds, Haslem is your best bet. If you're looking to replace Al Jefferson's blocks, then Kirilenko is what you need. I'm probably leaning towards Haslem for you since it sounds like you need rebounds more than anything.
what about Kaman or DJ?

i have a huge dilemma my league just started a $1 per transaction(we're playing for money) should i keep Haslem or should i pickup Beasley,AK47,Hakim Warrick, or Felton. i lost Al Jeff so im looking for a player to produce in rebs and other categories.
A $1 transaction fee? How does this work, if you don't mind explaining it to me? So with these $1 transactions, does that mean that it builds up the pot at the end of the season?

In regards to your question, if you're looking for rebounds, Haslem is your best bet. If you're looking to replace Al Jefferson's blocks, then Kirilenko is what you need. I'm probably leaning towards Haslem for you since it sounds like you need rebounds more than anything.
what about Kaman or DJ?
Well, you're looking for a player to replace the production of Al Jefferson so I don't think DJ Augustin is the right guy for you. Kamanwould be a pretty good candidate. It's either him or Haslem. With the addition of J. O'Neal to the Heat, it moves Haslem to the PF slot where he feelsmore comfortable. Kaman will have to split time between Z-Bo and Camby but I think Kaman will still be a pretty solid pickup. I'm thinking Kaman should beyour #1 option followed by Haslem because of the blocks category.

And let me say this, if DJ Augustin is on your FA, keep a very close eye on him.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

You guys know how long AK-47 is supposed to be out for?
[table][tr][td]Andrei Kirilenko[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Jan 20[/td] [td]ankle[/td] [td]Targeting mid-Feb. return[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Andrei Kirilenko (ankle) is hoping to practice on Monday and wants to play in Utah's first game after the All-Star break on Tuesday. All signs continue to be positive for Kirilenko, and while he could initially be a little bit rusty, it should be safe to activate him in fantasy leagues relatively quickly after the All-Star break.[/td] [/tr][/table]

watching Clipper telecast, that's what they've said.

I think he's gonna get traded.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

watching Clipper telecast, that's what they've said.

I think he's gonna get traded.
I hope he does get traded. It'll boost Kaman's fantasy value... and I need that
laugh.gif

is Kaman coming back after all star break?
[table][tr][td]Chris Kaman[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Nov 26[/td] [td]foot[/td] [td]Targeting late-February return[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Clippers center Chris Kaman is scheduled to return to practice, and possibly game action, next week. He's been out since late November with a strained left arch and the reports about his injury have been dismal, but coach Mike Dunleavy finally thinks he might be close to a return. "We should get him back for 25-plus games," Dunleavy said after Wednesday's game. While we're still not completely convinced he'll return to form this season, this news is a good reason to pick him up if you need a center and he's been dropped in your league.[/td] [/tr][/table]

^interesting...assuming they're only goin at kaman since the suns arent interested with the trade offer the bulls gave them, otherwise i really dont seewhat else they can offer the clippers.

There are rumors going around that Mike Miller could go to the Rockets. If Mike Miller gets traded there, what would his fantasy value be at? Right now,Miller's value is real low. I believe the rumors include Ron Artest going to the T-Wolves.

I want to sure up my 3's category. I just added Troy Murphy in a trade last week. I'm around the middle of the pack in 3's in my league. Help? Whoshould I offer for Mike Miller or am I just better off not making a trade for Mike Miller?

124yk90.png

There are rumors going around that Mike Miller could go to the Rockets. If Mike Miller gets traded there, what would his fantasy value be at? Right now, Miller's value is real low. I believe the rumors include Ron Artest going to the T-Wolves.

I want to sure up my 3's category. I just added Troy Murphy in a trade last week. I'm around the middle of the pack in 3's in my league. Help? Who should I offer for Mike Miller or am I just better off not making a trade for Mike Miller?

124yk90.png
shard, hidayet, and murph and you're still not getting enough 3s?

Yeah, I feel that I just need another 3pt shooter to put me in a good position in that category.

I'm really thinking that I need to deal Derrick Rose for an actual 3pt shooting PG or whatever since I'm already good in assists. I know Sessionsdoesn't help in the 3pt category, too, but I'm thinking that Sessions is just too valuable to let go right now.

I just thought that Mike Miller should be relatively cheap to get but I guess I'll just have to explore other options.

Yeah, I feel that I just need another 3pt shooter to put me in a good position in that category.

I'm really thinking that I need to deal Derrick Rose for an actual 3pt shooting PG or whatever since I'm already good in assists. I know Sessions doesn't help in the 3pt category, too, but I'm thinking that Sessions is just too valuable to let go right now.

I just thought that Mike Miller should be relatively cheap to get but I guess I'll just have to explore other options.
You could probably afford to ride Sessions a bit longer, but once Ridnour is close to coming back sell high on that guy. We all know Skiles has aboner for Ridnour

^but you know damn well thats what hes going to do. if dj can step it up, im sure you can afford to lose rose. i would try and do dj augustin for peja though.dude might bring down your FG%, but dude's been beasting lately.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Skiles would be a fool to put luke back in there.
Yeah but he will. Skiles has a love for defensive players.
Which is why Alopecia V wasn't getting the starting nod while Luc M&M was (and he still logs decent burn).

The only way Sessions would retain the starting role is if Ridnour gets traded (I think I read somewhere that Portland is interested?)

right! i wonder who would back up sessions though, since im not too familiar with the bucks rooster. anyone else think its time to make a run at shawn marionwhile his value is low right now? anyone else think hes going to beast on the raptors?

marion should beast.
that team lookin like the old suns.

ramon been beastin too much tho! i blame skiles!

Back
Top Bottom