Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

^it depends on what you need

andris gives me a lotta rebounds, sometimes decent FG%, horrible FT% and occasional ast and stls.

i also have ben gordon, he's been torching it up with points / 3s

so if u need rebounds then yes

Originally Posted by bright nikes

^id get marc gasol.

who should i play Samuel Dalembert @ UTA or Luis Scola vs Washington?

I'm leaning to play Dalembert cause UTAH has no big man, and he'll beast on the boards?
I'd rather play Dalembert.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

i give Ben Gordon

get Andris Biedrins

yes?
Yeah, do it.

kings fans ? is it time for me to drop kevin martin and pick up someone of FA?
ive had him all season .. drafted him actually .. but right now .. i need some room for my team...how long will he be out?

^it depends on what you need

andris gives me a lotta rebounds, sometimes decent FG%, horrible FT% and occasional ast and stls.

i also have ben gordon, he's been torching it up with points / 3s

so if u need rebounds then yes
no5wmd.png

Hey guys any tips on how to improve my team?? Im thinking i need another good center (other than Duncan). I was hit with the injury bugs pretty bad, but nowmost of my team is starting to get better with Kevin Martin and Corey Maggette expected to return sometime soon.

I have Quienten Richardson and Tyson Chandler picked up as temporaries and plan to drop them when my two injured players come back.

Guards: Chauncy Billups, Chris Duhon, Derek Rose, Randy Foye, Quienten Richardson(plays SF too)
Forwards: Tim Duncan (plays Center too), Kevin Garnett, Josh Howard, Andrei Kierilenko
Center: Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler

Injured Reserves: Kevin Martin, Corey Magette

Should I drop Gilbert Arenas for Russell Westbrook?

Westbrook's been starting for the last month and hasn't been that bad. Today, he exploded for 31 points. I'm starting to worry about Gilbert. Is heeven going to come back? I think I've read something where it said that the Wizards were considering shutting him down for this season.

What have you read and what would you do?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Should I drop Gilbert Arenas for Russell Westbrook?

Westbrook's been starting for the last month and hasn't been that bad. Today, he exploded for 31 points. I'm starting to worry about Gilbert. Is he even going to come back? I think I've read something where it said that the Wizards were considering shutting him down for this season.

What have you read and what would you do?
Take this for what its worth..its from the ESPN news report on Gil.

The Wizards, according to a source close to the situation, plan to bring Arenas (knee) back this season regardless of the team's chances to get into the postseason, ESPN.com reports.

Spin: A report from the Washington Post said the organization has been considering shutting down Arenas for the season, especially because the Wizards are headed nowhere at 4-23.

Should I drop Mike Miller

Luke Ridnour
Russell Westbrook
Charlie Villanueva,
Andres Nocioni
Larry Hughes

Are some players on the wire.

Westbrook and Ridnour have been playing really well. Both are getting big minutes now. I'd dump Miller for one of those two.

I'm considering trading Amare/Melo/Mayo for Devin Harris/KG/Caron Butler? You think this is a fair trade?

I dropped Spencer Hawes for Larry Hughes and Tyson Chandler for Kendrick Perkins.

40-39-2.

G - Baron Davis, Rajon Rondo, Rod Stuckey, Delonte West, Steve Blake, Monta Ellis
F - Caron Butler, Josh Howard, Rudy Gay, Richard Jefferson, Hughes
C - Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Perkins

I proposed a trade of Butler and Gay for Joe Johnson and Peja. I'm not really sure how fair that may or may not be.

Even when I had Chandler and Hawes, I still only went 4-5 in blocks and rebounds. Even with all those guards, I'm only 4-5 in assists, too. My weakestareas are free throw percentage (3-6) and triples (3-5-1).

Here are my full head-to-head stats so far this season:

[table][tr][th=""]Team Name[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]3PTM[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]REB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]ST[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TO[/th] [/tr][tr][td]KLJ[/td] [td]5-4-0[/td] [td]3-6-0[/td] [td]3-5-1[/td] [td]5-4-0[/td] [td]4-5-0[/td] [td]4-5-0[/td] [td]7-2-0[/td] [td]4-5-0[/td] [td]5-3-1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Basically, my team is great at zero things. Any suggestions?

Jdub:
amare > kg, amare gets the nod for potential, but KG brings consistency.
Melo < carol butler, imo caron is a better all around stat filler
Mayo < devin harris, mayo gives u nothing but points and 3pt%, devin harris has a chip on his shoulder

Do the trade.

KLj, hughes in my book is a fantasy dud - his fg% worries me and he's someone I wouldn't want - id rather kept hawes and use him for trade bait, butthat's jsut me. With delonte and blake you can cross em out cause they both suck.

Id keep caron & gay and try to keep one and package west or blake and try to get a player.

^i thought boozer was getting surgery
nerd.gif

i'm glad i didnt trade for him
smile.gif

.....PICK UP MIKE JAMES

Mike James' value has just gone up like crazy. Pick him up while you can. He can be a steal coming off the FA depending on how deep your league is.

Watch for Andray Blatche too
nerd.gif

Should I drop Francisco garcia now that kevin martin is back?

Theres not much on the waivers but here are the people available in my league:

Jamario Moon
Bonner
Grant Hill
Ben Wallace
Bargnani
Varejao

Not hard to choose for me when i have 2 people injured
laugh.gif
(Kaman andGooden), but I hope Gooden comes back. I'm thinking of trading/getting rid of Ilgauskas who has been playing like crap. I'm so stupid for not gettingBogut and going after Kaman. At least from stupidity, I've picked up Rasheed, Gooden, and Artest from ppl dropping them to play someone for that dayhahaha.

Damn i dropped Milsap when he was injured, and picked up Scola. Now my homie picked up Milsap - I was planning to pick him back up when his knee was feelingbetter, but I guess someone had an eye out for him
mad.gif
Should I hold ontoScola or pickup Gooden?

Also, I need help,
I can only pick 2 out of:

Nate Robinson vs IND
Josh Howard vs PHI
Ben Gordon @ Clev
Luis Scola @ Tor
Samuel Dalembert @ Dal
Al Horford @ NJ

My logic is to play Nate Robinson cause they're at home and IND probably has no one to stop him? Also play Josh Howard, seems like he's finding hisgroove but what if iggy guards him tomorrow?

Ben Gordon vs a good Cavs defense, no way.
Luis Scola, eh.
Samuel Dalembert, eh.

Al horford maybe, but he does struggle vs a bigger C (lopez could keep him off the boards)

suggestions?

Can anyone confirm if Butler or Nene are playing tonight?
It is a full night and I would definitely love to have them on the line-up but if they are nto playing, I would rather have someone in their place.

Damn i dropped Milsap when he was injured, and picked up Scola. Now my homie picked up Milsap - I was planning to pick him back up when his knee was feeling better, but I guess someone had an eye out for him
mad.gif
Should I hold onto Scola or pickup Gooden?

Also, I need help,
I can only pick 2 out of:

Nate Robinson vs IND
Josh Howard vs PHI
Ben Gordon @ Clev
Luis Scola @ Tor
Samuel Dalembert @ Dal
Al Horford @ NJ

My logic is to play Nate Robinson cause they're at home and IND probably has no one to stop him? Also play Josh Howard, seems like he's finding his groove but what if iggy guards him tomorrow?

Ben Gordon vs a good Cavs defense, no way.
Luis Scola, eh.
Samuel Dalembert, eh.

Al horford maybe, but he does struggle vs a bigger C (lopez could keep him off the boards)

suggestions?

Your logic definitely makes sense. I'd play Nate out of that bunch too.

Back
Top Bottom