OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
all joking aside I feel like Melo when I play on 8 foot rims... basically every possession setting up your defender to get the exact shot you want 8)

Duncan and Favre didn't hit a wall they hit 40 which is waaaaaaaay past any professional athletes prime. Melos avgs and individual accolades take a back seat to team success imo. I'd rather make ECF with Melo avg'ing 20 a game than miss the playoffs, again, and he has the best statistical season of his career. Let Melo do what he does and have the other 4 starters stay healthy and step up :smokin

Both will happen this season

Don't worry, with rose as the floor general, melo job will be easier than before. That boy got ice in his vein in the 4th. There still isn't anybody that can hold D on him. He will have more space than ever before to operate.

Definitely, when melo has a talented cast around him, hes damn good in the league, above his usual.

Here's to a Knicks & Cavs ECF

Stop it [emoji]128514[/emoji]. This team ain't winning NOTHING with Melo avg 19-20 pts. He had a rough scoring year last season and shot a career low attempts and career high assists and was a top rebounder at his position.

To win, he needs to pass and rebound the same way he did this past season. He also needs to shoot more efficiently, NOT less. His efficiency will rise as a product of who he is playing with this season. His points should and WILL increase from last season.

21/5/3 is a failed season for Melo

Coming off these games he probably will avg more than that with relative ease.

Last edited:
Stop it [emoji]128514[/emoji]. This team ain't winning NOTHING with Melo avg 19-20 pts. He had a rough scoring year last season and shot a career low attempts and career high assists and was a top rebounder at his position.

To win, he needs to pass and rebound the same way he did this past season. He also needs to shoot more efficiently, NOT less. His efficiency will rise as a product of who he is playing with this season. His points should and WILL increase from last season.

21/5/3 is a failed season for Melo
And we haven't won anything with him averaging more. :smile: the point was he needs players around him to produce. I'm of the opinion that Melo is good and its the rest of the team that needs to step it up. Talking bout Rose and 'nem staying healthy and ballin out! Def excited to see this team on the court, the starting five got me sittin up straight :smokin

Last edited:
We had a team that stepped up too. JR was 6th man of the year that season along with some vet leadership. I'm not against Melo getting a scoring title, I'm just more about wins.

this year's squad is probably as good as or even better than the '12-'13 team. we have two younger and more athletic PGs than kidd and bibby, though they def. had the veteran intangibles that we still need. we have a more reliable SG with lee, a superstar in the making in KP, and a much better leader in noah than we had with chicken legs. i think melo will average more points, bc he will get better/easier shots, less rebounds with KP and noah back there with him, but more assists since he will have more capable scorers around him. all i know is that i dont care if im hyping myself up for this season, i havent felt this good about our team in 4 years.

Some of you dudes lose sight of how hard it is to be good in the NBA.

Some predictions require a "if the whole team miraculously stays healthy for the season" afterwards.

Aside from Thomas and Jennings our bench is butt. And there's going to be nights where one or both will be called on to start, making our bench seem even thinner.

Im expecting a typical Knicks roller coaster season. W streaks that get our hopes sky high, and L streaks that crush us. Bottom 4 playoff seed, and if our guys are healthy going into the playoffs a second round appearance at best.

Health issues and a thin bench are a terrible recipe.

Last edited:
Womp womp, I ain't tryna hear no more typical low expectation reports from damaged Knicks fans lol. I know they have killed us softly for decades but come on y'all. When the roster sucks, I get it. But the roster doesn't now.

This is the type of year where you have to get behind your team and believe. The players are showing already in the offseason that they do. What do we have to lose by getting behind them? We have a sick starting 5, and I'm not gonna enter the season assuming everyone gets injured. We won 32 with trash, and we were winning a lot of those games before blowing them. At least 6-10 games were lost by bad DFish coaching decisions alone.

New coach, new system that highlights the strengths of the roster, and new players who are proven. If we win LESS than 45, that should be considered a shocker and an absolute failure.

Last edited:
KOQ / Marshall Plumlee

W. Hernangomez

Kuzminskas / Maurice Ndour

Lance Thomas / Vujavic

Jennings / Justin Holiday

Cleanthony & Seraphin still a Knick?

IF everybody stays healthy we can make the playoffs off of talent. I don't think there will be much chemistry out of the gate, new players coach and offense all gonna need time to gel under game conditions. IF being the key word here so I'm not expecting more than a playoff birth this season.

I don't think there will be much chemistry out of the gate, new players coach and offense all gonna need time to gel under game conditions.

I disagree. It will be much quicker than you think.

Yea Rose and Noah both coming to me is huge because they have a great chemistry. Lee is the type of player that can find the open space and should thrive with the offensive threats we have.

We already saw melo and KP so it will just be about the two groups meshing together.

Defensively is another story but KP and Noah will clean up the drive mistakes hopefully

I expect us to have one of the deepest if not best benches in the league.Both of our Euro's are prime time talents and then you add to that with a 6th man of the year candidate in Jennings, Lance Thomas a young versatile player who has proven to be a capable starter. I want to challenge you fellas to name me better benches in the nba, benches that have our size, athleticism and overall talent.

KOQ / Marshall Plumlee
W. Hernangomez
Kuzminskas / Maurice Ndour
Lance Thomas / Vujavic
Jennings / Justin Holiday

This is DEEP

We making the playoffs easy b 
pimp.gif

Might eem type in orange for that post season play

Back
Top Bottom