OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Amare played hard, definitely can't take that away from him. Never seen one man hit so many after the clock shots though, it was heartbreaking :lol:

Idk if ya been watching the usa exhibition games but Melo has been looking very very very good. Small sample of what could be for him in this coming season

It's obvious that Melo is an incredible player on the international stage. But I think it's a function of him having talent around him as well. Put Melo on a team with some competent ball players and the guy will show out. It's amazing to see that he doesn't even need the ball to be so effective. His game is simply a joy to watch.

We really under appreciate Melo as Knicks fans.

Rose is a shell of himself but he's the first PG we've had in a while that defenses have to pay attention to.

Lee is a knockdown shooter so you can't sag off him & double Melo.

Porzingis is a budding star that commands defensive attention.

Jennings could heat up at any moment.

Lance shot 40% from deep last season.

There's some talent for Melo to work with. Last season showed he's willing to be a team guy, can't wait to see him play that role with legit NBA players around him.

Crazy how Melo's greatness gets taken for granted.
Its because of the teams record since he's been in NY. A chip and a season record and he'd be the best ball player in the world, no disrespect to SC and GS. Its just the way it works. If he gets NY a chip hell also get the credit even though the rest of the team contributes heavily.

It's obvious that Melo is an incredible player on the international stage. But I think it's a function of him having talent around him as well. Put Melo on a team with some competent ball players and the guy will show out. It's amazing to see that he doesn't even need the ball to be so effective. His game is simply a joy to watch.

All facts. He bout to show out this season. Grab your popcorn folks!

All facts. He bout to show out this season. Grab your popcorn folks!

With all the moves we made this offseason..i can't wait :pimp:

View media item 1924921

With the additions we've made this year, I really hope someone steps up and takes the scoring load off Melo. He's still at a point in his career where he can go drop 25ppg, but that would be at the expense of his long term sustainability. He's much better suited as a combo supplemental guy on the offense that has the opportunity to take "breaks" on certain plays. All the greats have had similar arrangements.

You just cannot be THE man on a team for your entire career. Eventually the body will wear down. Look at AI for example.

Team USA is an excellent example of what I mean. I'm not saying we need to put 4-5 superstars on the same team with him, but we do need players that can step up and warrant some sort of attention on the opposing teams defense. That's why guys like Shane Battier and Brandon Bass always played so well against Melo in the playoffs. They were already above avaerage defenders to begin with, but we all know in the NBA great individual offense will always trump individual defense. But it's a whole other argument when you look at it in a team perspective. Opposing teams knew there was really no one else to pay attention to. Melo had almost no room to work on offense. It's amazing how well he did given the circumstances.

We really don't appreciate the guy enough. There's a reason why he's so respected amongst his contemporaries. Players around the NBA recognize what Melo does and how amazing it is.

Last edited:
24/7/5 for Melo on 46/38/85

This will be his best all around season and last "elite" one before he tapers off.

Knicks get a #2 seed this man has to win MVP coming off another gold medal and being the leader on the Olympic team I think writers will give him the respect he deserves

Last edited:
24/7/5 for Melo on 46/38/85

This will be his best all around season and last "elite" one before he tapers off.

Knicks get a #2 seed this man has to win MVP coming off another gold medal and being the leader on the Olympic team I think writers will give him the respect he deserves

I don't think Melo will come close to those projected numbers. Nor would I personally want him to. I've seen too many athletes having a great couples of years in the twilight of their careers to just eventually hit a brick wall by the end i.e. Peyton, Favre, Duncan etc

I'd rather Melo pace himself for the long term and be consistent about his output. I'd be perfectly fine with him averaging 19-20 ppg and did the "little things" to help the team rather than expend all his energy for a couple of years. He's had too many knee issues recently to do that.

Besides, with KP and Noah in the front court, Idk if Melo will get the chance to average 7 RPG.

I'm think his stat line for the year will be more closer to this: 21/5/3

Also, I don't think the team can get the #2 seed with 55 wins as most of you predict.

Duncan and Favre didn't hit a wall they hit 40 which is waaaaaaaay past any professional athletes prime. Melos avgs and individual accolades take a back seat to team success imo. I'd rather make ECF with Melo avg'ing 20 a game than miss the playoffs, again, and he has the best statistical season of his career. Let Melo do what he does and have the other 4 starters stay healthy and step up :smokin

Back
Top Bottom