OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
CnxKCV2VMAA4LAQ.jpg:large

Someone get they mans
Fetty looking wild

STAT! Always been a favorite player before he came here rinsed. Put the team on his bad back the first half of his 1st season (if you wasn't amped you lying :D Still believe what he did is a part of why Melo wanted to be down.

Spreewell out there losing his damn mind or something? How does he have blond locks but then have a neck tattoo as well?

At least he's aged well. Doesn't look a day past 30 :lol:

Last edited:
You already know it was bad blood between them. Remember when the Suns med staff said Amares knees wouldn't last more than 3 years and they wouldn't offer him anymore than a 3 year contract and we were like the only team willing to max him out.

i don't believe that for one second. I dont believe amare wanted to leave phx in the first place but the management tried to get cute, forgetting where their bread is buttered (ala heat/Dwade) & I believe thats why he came here motivated and was playing mvp ball b4 the team was gutted by denver...

Wow, shout out to Amar'e. I always respected how he embraced the City before the ink was dry on the contract. He welcomed the burden of being a leader of this franchise.

That 1st half of his 1st year was special. Legit MVP candidate.

My dude always came across as a stand up guy. I suspect he might try to finesse a Herb Williams/Allan Houston role with Dolan.
laugh.gif

*salute* to STAT.
Yep.

Some would say (hell I even said it for awhile and still do) that he would have gone anywhere that gave him the max. But just because he got PAID, doesn't mean he didn't want to be here too. That Knicks team gave us hope and a bit of a jolt when we really needed it.

It's a bummer he couldn't stay healthy and we couldn't figure out a way to make things work.. but I loved him in his Suns days, respected him as a Knick, and it's pretty cool he wanted to retire with us.

Man idgaf what the reason was, son brought the Knicks back to relevancy for half a season.

Legend.

Man idgaf what the reason was, son brought the Knicks back to relevancy for half a season.

Legend.

Feel the same way. Plus he always played hard, and tried working through all his injuries. I hope he gets that Herb Williams tenure if that's what he came back for. He deserves it more than Herb.

Last edited:

Legend.

Real ish.

I love Melo, but that season, was the most exciting for a hot minute. Dude was literally having people say he's the MVP runner up or even could be the MVP if he kept it up.

Dude with his consecutive 30 pt games,
I remember once he hit a 3 just a millisecond too late. For the game winner. Man spike Lee was out chea willin out

Him and KG matchups were must see TV. Smh. Wait. How KG is gonna retire AFTER stat ? Lawd.

You guys are absurd. I got mad love for STAT, he always played hard and handled his time as a Knick with class and dignity. Thats all I really ask from Knicks players for me to have their backs, but dude is an overrated Knick. Signing him to that deal set us back in the long term even though he was pretty special for that first half of a season. But I dont think having an increidble half of a year while you stole money for 4 and a half more makes you a great Knick or anything.

Its typical STAT that his ego couldnt allow himself to just go out quietly without doing one of these one day contract things with the Knicks.

From now on if anyone asks me to describe the Dolan era Knicks in one sentence it will be: They traded away Patrick Ewing and let him retire with Orlando but they brought back Amare Stoudemire so he can retire as a Knick. :lol: :smh:

Oh and in terms of overall Knicks legacy it goes: Melo > Tyson > STAT and imo you are bugging to rank those 3 any other way.

Sure Tyson had one bad playoff series, and I know yall hate him for that (even though he was sick and taking on a frontcourt on the rise in Hibbert/West essentially by himself, and yall seem to give Melo a pass for a bad series while he was hurt, and even JR a pass for basically costing us the playoffs with his elbow vs Boston and subsequent shooting performance vs Indiana, but I digress), but at least he was present to take us to the playoffs, win a series, and have a huge impact on the 2 most successful seasons of the post STAT era. He made the team complete in a way that Amare never could because of his ****** defense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom