OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Never 
mad.gif

laugh.gif

I have no ill putrid feelings towards Amare. Unfortunately, injuries got the best of him. He was never complacent or gave up on his rehab when he did get hurt. You always saw him working out and training. Hell, he even opened up his game and adjusted when he lost his athleticism later on in his career.

As fans, we can never be upset with him for contract he was given. He was healthy when he signed with us and had a Hell of a run. If we were in his shoes, we'd all do the same thing.

I'll always appreciate Amare for what he did for us, because if he never came here we probably wouldn't be where we are now. No Melo, no Rose, no Noah, no Porzingas, no Phil. We would've been a team without any direction or hope. I know we haven't won much these past few years, but I'd say we're in a much better place now than we were back when Isaiah Thomas was running the team.

I'm glad to see Amare has finally come to terms with his career and hopefully he can start his new life after basketball. I know there will always be a place for him in the Garden and eventually everyone will someday also appreciate Amare.

As the say goes, "Once a Knick, always a Knick"

Last edited:
Amare probably chose us because we're the only team where he was the leader but then Melo came :lol:

That's my guess....

signing of Amare had me refreshing my fb page like we was back in 2010... wtf

he's good for 12-15 mins a game

Last edited:
Amare probably chose us because we're the only team where he was the leader but then Melo came :lol:

That's my guess....

Either that or redeem after signing with the Heat

I won't be surprised if Amar'e wanted to work for the Knicks in the future: Knicks business operations representative just like Larry Johnson

Is the GIF of him dunking on LBJ still around?

Or has it been wiped off the face of the planet along with all other LeBron dunk ons?

Wow, shout out to Amar'e. I always respected how he embraced the City before the ink was dry on the contract. He welcomed the burden of being a leader of this franchise.

That 1st half of his 1st year was special. Legit MVP candidate.

My dude always came across as a stand up guy. I suspect he might try to finesse a Herb Williams/Allan Houston role with Dolan.
laugh.gif

*salute* to STAT.

when amare signed here i was like yes the Knicks are really back... i was truly a fan of his when he joined this team... didnt know too much about him on phoenix but i was disappointed when he left here... it was like he just wanted his money so he came here then when the team struggled he wanted out of here... i just didnt appreciate that but other than that i respect his game and enjoyed that first year he was here

Last edited:
Stoudemire blocking LeBron is one of my favorite Knicks moments in recent memory

I'll never forget that moment. I was with my dad in the living room watching. Amare blocks LeBron and my dad and I are jumping up and down giving eachother high-fives.

Man, that was an awesome game.

When I first saw the headline, I thought this was something out of those parody sites like the onion or from the Twitter account "not Bill Walton"

Random as hell lol but wow, that's love right there

Back
Top Bottom