OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
You guys are having incredibly high expectations this year. None of which is warranted for substantive reasoning. It's all based off speculation and presumption. Be careful, guys.

50 wins and a second round appearance would be AWESOME. I'd love for us to win the division. We should start with small goals first and then work our way up. Part of the reason why we did so well back in 2012-2013 was because of our approach. Guys like Kidd showed us the importance of pace and maintaining smaller goals. I believe they tried to "win" on a week by week basis. The goal was to have a winning record for the week and then supplement that with a winning record for the month.

That sort of practice got us to winning the division. Had we been a little healthier and more experienced across the board, maybe we would've gotten past Indiana that season. We relied too much on the 3 and depended on our younger guys with practically no playoff experience to step up.

This year is a little different. We do have some experience and "fire power" in the starting lineup, but our depth is a little weak and there's the possibility of injuries debilitating (no pun intended) us from making a deep run. A lot of things would have to go our way for us to make it to the ECF. We'd also need to win more than 50 games to get there.

Last edited:
Here's come hank crashing the party with his realistic expectations :smh:

I'm trying to save you guys from the grieve. It's not healthy to have these unrealistic expectations. You'll just set yourself up for frustration and resentment.

My predictions:

2nd in the Atlantic Division
#3 seed
40-47 wins
Playoffs - Reach Semi's

I'm sorry, but there's no way 40 wins will get you the #3 seed. Washington had 41 wins and missed the playoffs. You'd need at least 45 wins to make it in. 40 wins isn't even .500 basketball.

48-50 wins will get you the #3 seed. 55+ gets you 1-2 seed.

They will be where Miami was, but they'll be better.

Good comparison. I like it.

Miami had more power than we do. Losing Bosh really hurt them.

Last edited:
@Hank Scorpio  keeping us in check 
smokin.gif

But ive already started popping off to my Laker and Rockets buds lol

I'm tired of saying 'IF' we stay healthy

We making the playoffs or not? :lol:
If your players stay healthy can apply to almost any team in the league and especially teams with players who are recovering from injuries. If we had 5 starters who played 80 games last year it would be a concern but less of a concern.

Just came back island hopping from Greece. Went to Athens, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Santorini. Got my heart broken like 10x a day though. Food was amazing too. Def recommend it.

Mykonos, Santorini, Zakynthos, Crete, Rhodes, and Milos were my faves.

Great place to party and also get laid (by other travelers).

Stephen A and Max Kellerman killing Melo cause they feel it's pointless for him to play in the Olympics. First time I've ever heard someone complaining about a player playing for USA. "He needs to be worrying about an NBA championship"

Last edited:
Stephen A and Max Kellerman killing Melo cause they feel it's pointless for him to play in the Olympics. First time I've ever heard someone complaining about a player playing for USA

You know better, it's SAS. Max is d-riding.

Last edited:
Stephen A and Max Kellerman killing Melo cause they feel it's pointless for him to play in the Olympics. First time I've ever heard someone complaining about a player playing for USA. "He needs to be worrying about an NBA championship"

They would've killed him if he sat out cause it's 'his responsibility as an American to play in the Olympics' or some ****.

**** those dudes.

Max Kellerman is a pretty smart guy. He went to Hunter College High School. Expected better from him.

But I guess this is all in the guise of what the producers from First Take are asking of him.

Back
Top Bottom