OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Guys are taking less money to play here :wow:
Is this for real? What happened that people actually want to play here in NY ?

Finals numbers on Pookie's deal are 4/$27.3M

From undrafted to being bounced around the league to a key part of a winning team. :pimp:
:smokin :smokin
Give that man some credit

Love the Jennings signing, won't get too crazy with the projections or anything but I love this.

Haven't been this anxious for a season to start in a long time
for real for real

I like the overall moves. Think this makes us a playoff team. As far as anyone who claims Durants move is the same as LBJ you must have popped mad ish on the decision : rollin KD got his ***** took then showed up to the wedding as best man

I like the overall moves. Think this makes us a playoff team. As far as anyone who claims Durants move is the same as LBJ you must have popped mad ish on the decision : rollin KD got his ***** took then showed up to the wedding as best man

One of the best analogies I've seen so far.

Yeah, LeBron and even Boston's Big 3 went to struggling teams that didn't make the playoffs in seasons before.

KD went to the best regular season team in history, when he already was on a championship caliber team, with a budding rivalry and JUST choked his way into an epic meltdown against that same team.

Kinda like MJ forcing his way to the Bad Boy Pistons cause he couldn't get through them or Reggie coming to the Knicks, Kobe going to the Spurs etc.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Melo winning 1 ring in NY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KD winning multiple in GS.

Man Phil got me too hyped for this season. I was a toddler during the Knicks 90's run so I can't really say I saw them play. All I know is losing basketball, that 54 win team was the best team I saw. Hope we make noise this year.

Loving the signing we've made the last 24 hours. Jennings and Pookie are great signings. Seems like we have a shot at 45-50 wins this season. Wonder what are bench will look like.

BTW, I approve of KD going to the Warriors. It's his right as a FA to leave OKC for any team he chooses. I don't care if people think he looks "weak". He wanted to put himself in the best position to win a championship, and the Warriors were just that. This is no different than The Decision. In sports, the ultimate goal is to win. Plain and simple. KD wasn't going to sit around and wait for Westbrook re-sign (I have a feeling he knew Westbrook wants out or there was some friction) and the Thunder were going to put players around him to win.

The Warriors better win though, or else this will go down as one of the biggest jokes in the NBA. If LeBron does beat this GS team, he has a very strong argument for being the GOAT.

I think we're better than the Celtics. The Cavs are still better than us right now. But there's a chance we could be in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Wade is going to the Cavs. I can just smell it
laugh.gif
You're right. I support it too. But then don't tweet or express sentiment criticizing others for doing it (referring to the tweet a few years ago). 

flame suit on, but i think this makes us a top 3 seed in the east. realistically, toronto overachieved and haven't gotten better this off season, and wade might not even go back to miami. the only other teams that could really contend for a top 3 spot is indiana, boston, and maybe detroit. all the other playoff teams lost key players.

charlotte lost jefferson and lin, atlanta lost horford and teague, chicago lost everyone, the wiz made no moves, milwaukee made lateral moves IMO, and the rest don't matter. the magic might squeez into the playoffs though. they have a ton of bigs and some good young wings.

flame suit on, but i think this makes us a top 3 seed in the east. realistically, toronto overachieved and haven't gotten better this off season, and wade might not even go back to miami. the only other teams that could really contend for a top 3 spot is indiana, boston, and maybe detroit. all the other playoff teams lost key players.

charlotte lost jefferson and lin, atlanta lost horford and teague, chicago lost everyone, the wiz made no moves, milwaukee made lateral moves IMO, and the rest don't matter. the magic might squeez into the playoffs though. they have a ton of bigs and some good young wings.
49bb399dad23dcaf708d4cfec86f11f0.jpg

I think this is a ploy for more monies from the IOC, with that said Rio has enough going against it at this point, if I'm an Olympian, I am backing out until the Olympics come back round to somewhere safe.

I kind of like this off-season. Lopez and Grant were whatever to me, don't care.

Lee was a good fit with this group and it's a lot of money but seems aligned with the market.

Noah was pricey and I think his body is likely shot but you needed someone to play 25 mins at C and it wasn't going to be cheap. I do value his ability as a leader. Him being a 25 min a guy a night is fine, too - because eventually KP is your 5 man and you might as well start that now.

I love Derrick Rose and always have so I'm willing to roll those dice.

I despise Brandon Jennings and he stinks but on that deal there's no real downside as a backup provided Rose can remain healthy.

Hopefully Hornacek is given the ability to do his own thing but we'll see.

My main objective would still be finding the correct way to build around KP. Some of these moves are short sighted but I would think the cap and CBA is going to be fairly unstable moving forward so who knows? It won't be the worst thing for him to get some playoff minutes and hopefully a round or 2 under his belt now.

Best thing about KD going to GS is it kept another player out West. If you were re-drafting Eastern Conference for the next 8 years - KP as it currently stands might only sit behind LBJ/Kyrie and Paul George and throw in Ben Simmons now if you'd like. This is important. Bless your hearts who think Melo's time still may come, it won't. KP's can if he maxes out.

Last edited:
Just finished catching up on
Screaming A KD rant. I'm :rofl: at when a person asked him about the Knicks. Hilarious response.

Back
Top Bottom