OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Phil building a team of the last real Ns on earth... The antagonists 
pimp.gif

How bad do I want Lance Stephenson on this team
laugh.gif
Idk why we never tried Lance out for a shot when we had Calderon at point and nothing to tank for. Could have been a good low risk shot to take to try and find lightning in a bottle while he was moving around from Charlotte to LA and then to Memphis. Not a good fit anymore though with Rose at point. Courtney Lee was a great signing for the 2 spot and I am glad he is here. Ive always been semi impressed watching him play over the years and I have been reading up on him lately. Hes exactly what we need at the 2 and teams usually play better with him on the floor.

Speaking of which what is the going rate of Jeff Green to come off the bench? I know he had a rough year and I wonder if that might put him near vet minimum territory. I know he sucks at D and obviously has his flaws (hence the cheap price tag) but I am a big Jeff Green fan and have envisioned him in that triangle Lamar Odom type role since the day we brought in Phil.

EDIT: Nvm just checked and the Magic gave him a 1 year $15 mil deal... Whoops 
sick.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:

i hated how he cooked our pg's constantly, yes
I'll always remember him being publicly heated after we passed on him in 09 (I was at that draft), then he dropped 55 his first game in MSG.

I like a guy like that. 
pimp.gif

EDIT: just looked it up and the 55 point game was vs the Warriors that season. Coulda swore it was at MSG. And I always remember **** like that. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Finals numbers on Pookie's deal are 4/$27.3M

From undrafted to being bounced around the league to a key part of a winning team. :pimp:

There was a shooting in Brooklyn. 5+ people shot.

Stay safe tonight.

Last edited:
Lance is truly one of the good ones. Glad he got his dough.

Everyone loves to **** on the Knicks and talk about that JR/Shump trade as one of Phil's **** ups. But fact is, we gave Shump a trial run, he didnt impress and clearly wasnt going to come back. JR is a mental ******* ****** and was a cancer who's contract we had to get rid of. Even if we get nothing in that trade, it is addition by subtraction because we shed a contract and get rid of 2 players with no future with this team to help us tank and get Porzingis (we all knew JR's phony *** March-April scoring tear was inevitable if we didnt trade him). And thankfully, as an added bonus, we got Lance in the deal who is an incredible glue guy I would happily take over JR or Shump right now.

I still do that same deal any single day of the week. Only partial mulligan Phil really has in my books was not getting more (draft picks) for Chandler, especially on an expiring contract. I blame that on him having too much faith in Calderon. Which was definitely a **** up but also a wake up call for a new GM learning on the job how much the league has changed since his glory days when Calderon would have been the perfect PG for his system.

Other than that there are maybe some question marks here and there, but the JR/Shump trade was not one of them. The only people who think that it was are the morons who dont know **** about basketball like Screamin A Smith who just enjoys hearing himself yell "Phil Jackson traded JR SMith and Shumpert away for NOTHING!" without even thinking to consider the salary cap/chemistry implications of the trade because their brains are too small to comprehend **** like that in the slightest. As his mindless trolls follow his every word.

But those people can go **** themselves because they also thought Phil had "hoodwinked and bamboozled" the Knicks because we drafted a player they just happened to know nothing about. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Shumpert is useless & just signed a $40M contract. JR admitted he wasn't picking up the playbook. Really had no problem parting with either of them.

Lance is the perfect bench player for this team. Capable of guarding 2-4, shoots 40% from deep, does the dirty work, & gives 100% every time he's on the floor. Really can't ask for much more.

Interesting breakdown from P&T about the Jennings signing, the Lance signing, why the Knicks renounced Galloway's cap hold, and how this could potentially lead to us still resigning Langston plus another cheap veteran free agent (fingers still crossed for this to happen and the cheap veteran being David Lee)...

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2016/7/4/12095196/nba-free-agency-2016-jennings-thomas-galloway

Definitely worth a read if yall are interested. Definitely helps me see things clearer I for one though Galloway was as good as gone when I saw we renounced the cap hold.

Just as a side note I definitely think the Brandon Jennings signing the Knicks made today was easily the biggest value signing of the summer so far. I mean its crazy we got him for one year $5 mil when he is only 27 and not too far removed from playing some VERY productive basketball while bums like Delladova and Jeremy Lin are raking in more money than they can count.

Just need him to be on his best behavior and focused on enhancing the team before himself. If he does that he is the best kind of Rose insurance we can ask for and the perfect kind of player to kick start the 2nd unit with the same sort of free wheeling fast paced basketball we are looking to play (maybe even more so).

I think the one year contract mitigates alot of that risk and I think Hornacek as coach does so as well. I could see Horny really getting through to him and getting him to play some really productive basketball in his role given that he stays healthy. I am sure that as long as he stays healthy he will be extremely eager to prove himself worthy of another big time pay day considering all the $ floating around the league and obviously due to the fact that he is technically still in his prime at only 27 years old and was not too long ago a top 15 or so PG by anybody's standards. Brandon Jennings to me just doesnt seem like one of those players who will allow himself to fade into obscurity if it isnt for health related reasons.

Most importantly, he is another "dog" on this team and I for one am very happy top have him on board. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom