OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
To end this conversation....

I think there's only a few teams he COULD feasibly go to.

There's also a handful of teams, that he should go to that he won't. Blazers, Wolves, and I think Celtics as well. it's like the LeBron going to Phoenix talk. At the time, sure that sounds like the best place, but it just isn't going to happen. The Celtics will also spend their cache on Kevin Love or Jahlil Okafor this offseason that's almost damn likely, and KD will end up avoiding them like the plague, especially if it's Kevin Love. If they stand pat, and open up a bit more cap space, then they move to real players in FA. Let's say they let Amir & Jerebko go. 2 guys that don't matter, but it makes cap space. Is KD really deciding to play with Jae Crowder, Isaiah Thomas & Avery Bradley. He probably should because Stevens is a wizard. But I just don't see it

Wizards are out due to his friends and family being idiots.
Spurs would have to gut a lot of their team for KD. And lack of any depth will kill them in the playoffs.
Rockets are apparently out as well.

It comes down to a few teams Warriors, Lakers, Heat, Knicks.. Or stay with OKC

Doubt Warriors gut the team unless there's an absolute guarantee from KD (if they start trading Iggy & Bogut then it's over),
Heat lose Whiteside if they want KD and Bosh is way too up in the air to go to that situation, even if Bosh says he's healthy.

Lakers have the edge on a few things, you guys have the edge on us on a few things. Comes down to Eastern Conference, and Melo. Or form a team to your choosing, more highly touted prospects (even if 2 of the 4 don't reach their ceilings, Clarkson has surpassed his ceiling especially as the 46th pick, it provides tremendous cheap depth).

And to make it full circle, to act as if the Lakers situation could not possibly be anywhere near the Knicks is being facetious as well. KD & one of the names at the 5 who are Free Agents would get to the playoffs in the West. Who knows where, it all depends on how well young guys pick up Walton's system. It isn't a few years ago when 50 was what was needed to get in. It's now around 41-43 wins to do so.

Last edited:
Im against trading rolo also... we need a pg but not at the expense of trading our starting center... why cant we just pick up a pg through free agency

Can we please get this Lakers stench out this thread please. Even knowledgeable posters get their credibility knocked down a few notches when they start to discuss other NBA teams because they cannot do it objectively without purple and yellow blinders.

KP is already an above average defender though. His only issue on the defensive end like most rookies is staying out of foul trouble.

I don't know if he has the stamina to be both a dominant offensive threat while also dominating on defense. Trying to do both night in and night out could possibly lead to future injuries

Last edited:
Can we please get this Lakers stench out this thread please. Even knowledgeable posters get their credibility knocked down a few notches when they start to discuss other NBA teams because they cannot do it objectively without purple and yellow blinders.

Well that really hurts.. Especially from you Foam.

http://niketalk.com/t/605554/2015-n...ighty-appreciation-thread/15870#post_23557712

He has a double standard that not even Kobe (and definitely not Melo) would have gotten if he would have put this up.

A few things LeBron has done well..

1. Lead the team. He put a fire under their asterisk, and had them fighting. That's something commendable. He deserves that credit at least

2. First few games he really slowed the pace. And got the game to a way that Cavs could keep it close. Game 4, it went way off the rails.

3. He does find the open man, and hasn't turn the ball over very much. Which is pretty amazing on it's own.

But from a scoring perspective he's been historically bad. The most points in the first 3 finals games is true, but it was extremely inefficient, and only a few people really point that out. A lot of points on a lot of shot and a low percentage. 35 points, 32 shots, 38.8% FG%. It'd be one thing if he had 40 points on 34 shots, and didn't get to the line at all. That would lend itself to a 45-50% FG% series. But he was going 15-16 times a game. Kobe got a bunch of crap for the same exact thing earlier in the season, under the same circumstances. Just a reference of how LeBron is being covered differently.

Game 2, they won, but it was in spite of him. Missed 17 of his final 22 shots, a couple bonehead turnovers, and the team expanded a lead when he was out. They just barely hold onto the game.

His defense hasn't been that great either for a majority of the series.

He deserves some credit, and all things considered it's been a nice series.. But when people say he's been historically great, it's ridiculous.

Take all my reps. You consistently kick knowledge in sports and training without bias or hate wish their were more posters like you bro

http://niketalk.com/t/623816/please-lock-nyy-offseason-thread-now-up/3450#post_24354301

essential1 essential1 is by far the best poster on this board.

Last edited:
That's before I knew u had Lakersgoggleitis. I still think your amazing though

ehugs

I do have a general write up about the Knicks eventually FA wise. From my perspective.

I really don't think I was saying much wrong though in that convo.

Last edited:
we will only have $56,679,528 in committed salaries at the beginning of FA. if we can someone shed caldo's contract, we're down to $48,971,101. idk what the cap is gonna be, but that should leave us with a good chunk of change to spend, especially if the cap reaches the expected $92 mil. if dwill and afflalo both opt out, we have about $36 mil to play with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom