OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
That core won't win for 5 years in the west.

Maybe... Maybe not....

But this is also the same thread that says for the most part, the team can't win one with Melo.

You have no idea what 2 years from now in the West will look like. Hell you have no idea what will happen next year.

Especially when Curry & Barnes get paid, and a guy like Iggy no longer can guard the way he does. All team dynasties eventually falter. And the Warriors will falter a bit when Curry gets $30mil a year, and Barnes gets $21mil a year, and it forces the roster to readjust. Part of their success, and greatness comes from being able to stack the roster with depth during rookie contracts, and a beneficial Curry deal. When they no longer have that, it will require a total roster readjustment beyond Curry, Klay, Draymond & Barnes.

But it certainly would be a more well rounded team with a lot more options than say signing with the Knicks.

Again, does not change the fact that he's not going anywhere. So this is a pointless banter.

Last edited:
I'd easily take KP over Clarkson, Russell, maybe Randle, and we haven't even seen Ingram play yet.

Def not trying to be bias either but those guys have major flaws in their game. Like JRS said maybe 5 years away from being contenders and that's only if a couple of them reach their potential.

KD just needs to leave the West.

Last edited:
I think if KD does leave his main reason is because he wants to get out the West. Quite sure he's not banking on the hypothetical development of the Lakers young players. Lakers remind me of the 2010 Knicks whole bunch of cap space with nothing to else to sell free agents on besides the cap space, nice weather, and the city/history. You think Durant is gonna stay out west to play with Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and Ingram ? Please. Clarkson is the best player out that group and he's still a volume shooting young guy who's also a turn style on defense. Don't sell me the "another max cat" can sign with him rhetoric either because that only happens in situations like Miami where dudes planned to play with each other for years and structured their deals around doing so. At the end of the day I know KD is tired of the fact that Lebron has been able to sleep walk to an NBA Finals every year for the last six years and that's because their are no game changing teams in the east. A solid PG, 3 and D type, shooter off the bench, along with Melo, KD, KP, and Lopez is already fighting for a finals berth in the eastern conference. Your KD and let's say Demar Derozan along with the young guys the Lakers have is still getting curb stomped by the likes of Golden State and San Antonio

Last edited:
Foam, take all these reps bruh! Haha. KD very well may end up staying in OKC, but anyone that doesn't believe that the Knicks are an actual option for him is more than likely just scared to believe/get let down again. And I get it...we are talking about the Knicks here.

However, ain't no way in hell KD is gonna leave Westbrook to go put his championship hopes in the hands of Randle, Russell and possibly Whiteside [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. None of those dudes has the potential to be a top 5 player in the league. KP will be. And KD is skittish in big moments sometimes because he's more beta, and playing alongside Melo removes all that pressure because Melo don't give AF.

A team in the East with KD at the 3, Melo at the 4, and KP at the 5 is stupid unguardable and will trounce every team out East. The only competition would be Cleveland, and Bron Bron can't even hardly create his own shot anymore.

KD also sold his mansion in OKC back in March. If I had money in it, I would expect him to take the 1yr deal in OKC and then leave in 2017 when him and Russ are free agents. However, if he DOES decide to leave this summer, I can absolutely see him coming to the Knicks. And the Olympics would be a great chance for him and Melo to get some chemistry on the court too. Russ has withdrawn from competition with no real stated reason, and they said it has nothing to do with the Zika virus.

We'll see what happens. LeBron was never gonna come to NY...ever! He wasn't built for that and that's why I always knew the rumors were BS. KD doesn't have to be "the man" if he comes to NY. He just has to do enough for them to win the Eastern Conference Participation Award that Bron has won the last 6 years.

Last edited:
So the current narrative is Lefraud needs more help so the Knicks should trade Melo to Cleveland for Kevin love and Cleveland should deal myrie to LA for CP0. Also Kristaps won't ever be **** until he leaves the Knicks

Ain't none of them game changers or really have the potential to be one. We over here putting people in their core who hasn't even been drafted yet :lol:

KP > those guys individually

The Knicks situation > The Lakers

Being in the East > Being in the West

Playing for and potentially winning a chip in NY > ANYWHERE

Being a god cause u won a chip with the Knicks > winning with the Lakers

Last edited:
Porzingis isn't better than the Lakers core.

Also he's a push with Russell first season. Porzingis had a good first half, very slow second half. Russell had a slow first half, strong second half.

It's also way too damn early to say who is and who isn't a game changer. We already had a Porzingis WILL be Top 5.

Last edited:
Porzingis isn't better than the Lakers core.

Also he's a push with Russell first season. Porzingis had a good first half, very slow second half. Russell had a slow first half, strong second half.

It's also way too damn early to say who is and who isn't a game changer. We already had a Porzingis WILL be Top 5.

What one player is better than 3 or 4 collectively ? Dont know why your mentioning that when I CLEARLY STATED KP > Lakers core INDIVIDUALLY. No GM in the league is taking one of the young Lakers over KP. Only person your taking over him is Towns and some people still believe KP is gonna be just as good or better. You bugging saying he was a push with Russell you know damn well your bias typed that sentence

Last edited:
Answering Nick about the collective aspects. Which is what matters. No guy isn't going to just look at 1 to 1 and ignore every thing else.

And it's a push. Go look at the damn stats again... Especially compare pre-ASG, then compare post-ASG. You know damn well that one thing I know, and that's statistical analysis.

And if you would like to give him the slight nod over Russell that's fine, because it's close enough that it is all about preference. BUT it isn't the gap you think it is.

Does KP have more potential than Russell? Of course. IF he can reach his full potential, he's a rarity.... That was true before the draft as well

But don't discount flashes of rarity, and initiate bias that cannot be supported.

Last edited:
Too many hypotheticals with going to LA. Yeah they have more younger pieces than the Knicks, but that whole team is relying on potential. Yes, they have cap, but just bc they have money doesn't mean players will come.

The Knicks are a better landing spot bc they already have an established star, KP who KD can run with for years, Lopez, and the fact that he doesn't have to go through the tough west. Leaving OKC for LA would be a lateral move at best. It's more of a downgrade.

That might change if they score Derozan too AND a big man. I doubt whiteside will leave Miami. That's also a better situation for him and they can offer the most money and there is no state income tax.

You can't treat KP as not a hypothetical either. You have to treat him as a hypothetical as well. Especially with how he shot the last 2 months of the season from 3. Because if it was the "scouting report is out" and you can make him into a sub 33% three point shooter then his stock goes down considerably.

Not saying he can't or won't. But if Russell is a hypothetical. Then KP is one as well.

Also the whole just cause they got money means nothing. If, and again IF, KD chose the Lakers, you are just going to assume everybody else is gonna say nah I'm good. I don't want to play with KD in LA. Come on man.

Last edited:
yea that KP will be top 5 is a stretch

hard to judge of a rookie season, but i'll give it till their 3rd year to officially judge the career path of KP, Russell, Randle, etc. Great players rarely fall into some kind of slump they usually keep getting better during their first few years.

KP is staying in OKC......but if there's a 0% chance he comes to the Knicks theres a negative percent chance he goes to LA :lol:

Why would he leave a team that just took one of the best teams in history to 7 games and can pay him millions more, to go to a rebuilding team in the same conference, with no established players for less?

KP is staying in OKC......but if there's a 0% chance he comes to the Knicks theres a negative percent chance he goes to LA :lol:

Why would he leave a team that just took one of the best teams in history to 7 games and can pay him millions more, to go to a rebuilding team in the same conference, with no established players for less?

Exactly

Conversation over.

If homeboy is actually going to leave no way in hell is he considering LA. Dudes gotta be on that Molly water or something

Last edited:
To me LA's young players are all nothing but role players, I don't really see any Game changers on that team.

Cleanthony > lakers young talent.
My guy took a actual bullet and was playing on the court same season. That's real love #ballislife

Back
Top Bottom