OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Word son clearly fisher is holding him back b. Dude would average 15 a game if we had a competent coach.

Fisher holding everybody back not named Lance Thomas

We already know what happened so ima talk about the positive from last night.
At some point during the 3rd quarter (I forgot how much we were down by) but Melo just took matters into his own hands, said **** the triangle and made some gutsy shots that brought energy to the team.

We got it to within like 7......and I was PISSED cause 6'2 Langston Galloway let 5'9 Isaiah Thomas get an easy fast break layup and he was right there with him... (YOU CAN SEE MY POST ABOVE :lol: )

MATTER OF FACT I just rewatched that play...and he was in front of Thomas at first....SMFH did not contest him, did not foul him, NOTHING...DUMB ****
We desperately need some players out here who want to win....Melo and KP can't be the only ones.

O Quinn should get more minutes and I been riding for him but he makes some pretty silly turnovers whether it be traveling or a lazy pass...he's got to step it up

Obviously, this team is not the answer AND Fisher needs to go if he can't find a way to implement some kind of P&R or motion offense within the triangle
Show some creativity man....I don't see it happening and we're almost halfway into the season.

Wanna have a chance at making the playoffs? Correct these dumbass simple coaching mistakes you do, take accountability and dare to be different. Although I'm glad we're better than last year by MILES (which is and isn't saying much) we definitely can be better....and only our Knicks organization happens to have these problems year after year after year after year.

Oh well tho

this stretch of games vs playoff teams is gonna kill our season

i've come to the realization that playoffs are a longshot so let's develop the young guys, get rid of Calderon/Fisher, & move on to the offseason

Fisher's not even doing that though. He's burying Kristaps in the 4th as if he doesn't contribute at all and Grant gets the scrub treatment. Even if he struggles might as well let him learn.

Early can't even see garbage times minutes.

I think its time to just accept Fisher and his ability, or lack of ability, to coach.

Nothings gonna happen to him...He's here for the next 3 years after this.

Phil won't can him...

Blame it on Fisher, blame it on the offense, blame it on anyone.

Bottomline is, we're underachieving like a motherfutcher

Our offense has become stagnant, and our coaching staff does not seem to have any adjustments in mind.

It's literally triangle or die.

Fisher's comments on why Sasha plays is pretty alarming, and points to what his agenda is as a coach. Basically, he's more interested in how comfortable guys are at running the offense, as opposed to...anything else.

Seems like his only measure of success is how well we play in the triangle...

We are 30+ games into the season, and still "figuring things our offensively". Just a travesty, because there's no real landmark in sight. What are we looking for? A better angle for Calderon to drop a pass into Robin Lopez?

I've always been depressed that the Knicks could never be this foreward thinking franchise. We won't implement new, creative ways to score. I just always hated that other teams would come in the Garden, play the Knicks and say that we're an easy to play, because we're predictable.

On offense, its obvious that you pressure us up top before we can get into our sets, forcing the bigs to come out and catch the ball further away than they normally would.

On defense, its obvious that we switch too easily. Causing horrible mismatches.

Somethings gotta give. What's it gonna take for a major change? Because we actually have to win this season. I'd love to hear from Phil, but knowing him, he probably didn't have high hopes for this season either, so he probably has Fisher's back.

I'd be shocked if Fisher is here for his full contract. If this continues and no trade happens he's getting canned. Phil still has his guys (Kurt etc) here, not a big deal to fire a completely inexperienced coach.

Last edited:
Fisher has absolutely sucked in his 1st season with an NBA roster. It's inexcusable to say you're still "trying to find the right mix of guys" after training camp, preseason, & 1/3 of the regular season. He obviously doesn't look at lineup data after games or else he'd realize KP needs to play the 5 in the 4th quarter, Seraphin/Sasha should never get minutes, & Jose Calderon shouldn't be playing more than 20-23 mins a night. The roster is flawed but i think we have enough talent to be a .500 team. It's up to the coach to get the most out of his guys & he's failing miserably.

Afflalo is starting to annoy me. When his shots are falling he's great but when it's off he doesn't bring anything else to the table. He's not fast enough to run the break, he's not quick enough to keep up with other guards on defense, & he's not a willing passer. In today's NBA if your backcourt isn't at least average you're in trouble.

Melo's doing whatever the **** he can to help us win & putting up 29/10 in a losing effort must me mentally exhausting. I'll always appreciate him signing an extension here to try to bring us back to the top. I doubt he'll ever play somewhere else but i'd 120% understand why he'd want out of NY.

I'm done talking about Fisher's incompetence after this. No sense wasting my breath complaining when he's not going anywhere.

no thank you

the last thing we need is a 30 year old injury prone punk *** center with a limited offensive game

no thank you

the last thing we need is a 30 year old injury prone punk *** center with a limited offensive game

And to co-sign, Dwert is wet tissue paper soft. He can't perform under any kind of pressure, he'll come in saying that it is his team when we all know it's Sasha's team, the media in NY would make him fold, if he can't handle small market media in Orlando and Houston, the NY lights will kill him.

dwight howard aint saving this team no thanks... i always wondered how this team is playing bad when you have teams like atlanta, boston and orlando who have no superstar but still have a better record than us...i used to think it was fisher but the bottom line is we need a PG... that is the biggest weakness on this team..no facilitator to run the triangle and no defense on the perimeter which causes mismatches and opens up the paint because the bigs have to cover the opponents back court...simply starting gallo or grant wont solve our problem and a trade has to be made before the deadline to save the season to have a shot at the playoffs... still cant believe we passed on trading shump, thjr and a first rounder for lowry a few years ago... should of just made that deal :smh:

Last edited:
But what if that trade allowed us to dump Rolo?
Involve jrue holiday and caldo and I'd do it.

We dump caldo and rolo
Get jrue holiday who I think can still be good. He's just rotting in no

Holiday
Aa
Melo
Porz
Howard

He'll I'd take diu Lawson
Son can ride the train to work

Last edited:
I'd make that move in a second as long as we dump Caldo and RoLo.

I'm not crazy about Dwight either, but the move gives us a ton of flexibility next summer without having to give up anyone of real importance.

I'd make that move in a second as long as we dump Caldo and RoLo.

I'm not crazy about Dwight either, but the move gives us a ton of flexibility next summer without having to give up anyone of real importance.

I'm leaning towards this to. My only worry is I wouldn't want Dwight to be a bad influence on Zinger.

Not sure how Melo and Dwight would get along either.

Back
Top Bottom