OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
It's just some Upper tier players get the most out of their supporting cast but it doesn't seem that way with him.

Melo gives us zero chance to beat any Superstar in a 7 game series. He's just not that guy anymore.

So what do you suggest?
Melo's game should continue to be effective as he gets older just gotta give him time to get his rhythm back
Get him a PG and really the only superstar we have to worry about is Lebron (at the moment) since we're in the East

I feel like you should have to put your money where your mouth is when you make outlandish statements lol...

& listen...Melo doesn't have a supporting cast...last time he did was in Denver

im a big melo fan, but i can admit that he definitely has his faults. he's not shooting well this year, but he is definitely putting more effort on defense and getting other players involved. its painful to watch him get the ball on the block with 7 seconds to go on the shot clock and everyone else is just watching. its not his fault that the offense just stops moving. you cant give him the ball with that little time left and expect him to make something happen every time. no one in the league gets that kind of pressure. another thing is that he really doesnt get calls. im tired of watching bron get breathed on and head to the line of an and 1. melo got banged a few times last night and still didnt get calls.

im a big melo fan, but i can admit that he definitely has his faults. he's not shooting well this year, but he is definitely putting more effort on defense and getting other players involved. its painful to watch him get the ball on the block with 7 seconds to go on the shot clock and everyone else is just watching. its not his fault that the offense just stops moving. you cant give him the ball with that little time left and expect him to make something happen every time. no one in the league gets that kind of pressure. another thing is that he really doesnt get calls. im tired of watching bron get breathed on and head to the line of an and 1. melo got banged a few times last night and still didnt get calls.

I feel you, it's sickening how some players get those calls and Melo def gets the short end. I remember watching the playoff series between the heat and three heat players flopped at the same time on different parts of the court. It was absolutely disgusting and takes away from the competitive nature of the game. And I always thought Melo was underrated on the Defensive end.

I've never seen a fanbase hate their best player as much as y'all hate Melo.

It's incredible. Is that the penalty for leading us to our best season in years?

We tormented Pat for years, now I guess it's Carmelo's turn.

He's playing with a whole new roster, with a questionable coach, off the biggest surgery of his career...trying to change his game for the better a decade in.

Does he get a chance to get it together or nah?

Look at Durant & D. Rose, they both are taking a while to get back to form but their fanbases are super patient with them.

Wish our fans had that type of patience and loyalty.

It's a bit of a buzzkill to see our star player fall 1 assists shy of a triple double in a victory and have to read through pages of slander.

I see why players don't want to come to NY. Too much negativity and toxicity, orchestrated by the media and rooted with the fans.

Last edited:

It's incredible. Is that the penalty for leading us to our best season in years?

He's playing with a whole new roster, with a questionable coach, off the biggest surgery of his career...trying to change his game for the better a decade in.

Look at Durant & D. Rose, they both are taking a while to get back to form but their fanbases are super patient with them.

It's a bit of a buzzkill to see our star player fall 1 assists shy of a triple double in a victory and have to read through pages of slander.

I see why players don't want to come to NY. Too much negativity and toxicity, orchestrated by the media and rooted with the fans.

Everything you just said sums it up pretty well. Dudes are ripping dude apart for not being in MVP for a season after knee surgery. Then wonder why we land no names in free agency. Who would want to come here when they know these fans will **** on them the first chance they get?

^ this is why i cant hate on robin despite the hate in here... he plays with effort, rebounds, defends and scores too... my only complain is the turnovers and dumb fouls...and it doesnt help that fisher doesnt play him consistent minutes... i feel we do player better with KP at the 5 but that is not the case every game so you need robin playing the center position

Everything you just said sums it up pretty well. Dudes are ripping dude apart for not being in MVP for a season after knee surgery. Then wonder why we land no names in free agency. Who would want to come here when they know these fans will **** on them the first chance they get?

2 things wrong with this statement. 1. Durant hasn't been struggling, he's in MVP form knocking down everything. 2. Both those are still winning and pretty much are guaranteed Playoff teams.

Who is the backup big and where can we get him? its not easy to just find someone because you have to overpay just to get someone to play here... everyone was mad hyped before and after we picked up robin during free agency... look at the cheap guys we picked up who play center serapin, lou and last year jason smith, dalembert and none of those guys worked out really.... oquinn is a decent player so cant really hate on him... if we can trade robin to get a good player like mike conley back then id do the trade but i wouldnt get rid of him just for the sake of it unless its to free up cap space for this summer...

Facts

The only thing that pisses me off about Melo is the time he wastes arguing a non call with a ref instead of getting back on defense

Melo does get shafted by the refs though :lol:

2 things wrong with this statement. 1. Durant hasn't been struggling, he's in MVP form knocking down everything. 2. Both those are still winning and pretty much are guaranteed Playoff teams.

He struggled to start the season and he's still not 100%.

They also have 2 other All-Star players in the starting lineup and much better rosters, top to bottom.

Come on, b.

Durant's "struggle" game is something Melo could never get to.

Isn't son Averaging 30 and 7 on almost 50/40/90 ? :lol:

mean.gif
 It never fails in here.

The thing is, dudes are comparing players w/o taking into account the personnel that they are surrounded w/. I'm just sayin, the Pelicans aren't ripping AD apart for their record. It's also much easier to post better numbers w/ another superstar on your team. Funny how ppl call others "Melo stans" for defending the best player on their team. Only in NY.

Durant isn't even the best player on his own team.

He'd be ripped to shreds if he was in NY and failed to bring home a ring with all of that support.

You don't think Melo would go crazy with Russy & Ibaka on his team?

All that is really beside the point tho.

Yes Carmelo has his flaws as a player...so does Durant, so does Rose, so did Kobe, so did Shaq, so does Bron, etc. etc.

But Melo is a consistent top 5 scorer in the league, good rebounder and he's consciously trying to improve his defense and passing.

If he has a semblance of a good roster, he will take any team to the post season in any conference...guaranteed. But he's playing with Calderon and Sasha Vujacic. Dude has never played with another certified All-Star like Bron, Wade, Kobe, Durant, Rose etc. He has to work harder than almost any "star" in the league to get his.

I have my qualms with Carmelo's game too but I know that he's our best player by far right now and he gives his all out there. Our problem isn't him, we've seen what he does with a good roster...our problem is that we don't have a good roster or coach right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom