OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
yeah...phil needs to talk to fish about his lineups. other than that, hes really not doing too bad. the team seems to rally around him. he just makes some bonehead decisions. he clearly wasnt/isnt ready to be a head coach right away. if he were an assistant for maybe 2-3 years, he'd be solid.

they need to learn to keep the intensity up for all 48min, so a blowout doesnt turn into a dog fight in the last 7 min.

But this is a Knicks hallmark. How will we recognize them otherwise? :lol:

Melo and KP at the 4&5 respectively makes so much sense. Sprinkle in an occasional p&r and we could be a totally different team… [emoji]129300[/emoji]

If we had a defensive player like Kawhi, Paul George, Aminu, MKG, Demarre, Deng, Batum, Ariza etc then Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5 long term would be perfect.

Last edited:
Why is Cleanthony glued to the bench? He showed some real progress over the preseason but hasn't seen the light of day since. No one deserves to be glued to the bench more than Sasha smh

idk maybe his defense is still piss poor. i do like that caldo is playing less minutes. i want grant to play though :rolleyes

Melo is actually putting together a solid season so far. Discounting some of the "off" nights he's had--He's been doing well and preserving his body for the long haul.

Fiance was in town and we got to catch the game. Here are her thoughts:

- "The tall white guy is really good" lol
- "#42 seems to finally be playing well"
- "Why is the tall guy with the weird haircut not doing anything?"
- "Melo has been playing pretty well recently"
- "The Spaniard is finally playing well"
- "#22 from the Minnesota is REALLY good" lol
- "Didn't KG get into a fight with Melo a few years ago" lol
- "#2 on the Knicks has a lot of hustle"

Last edited:
is "tall guy with the weird haircut" Derrick Williams? :lol:

Is there a chance KOQ was out of shape or hurt in the beginning of the season? Our bench looks completely different with him out there instead of Seraphin. There's no way Fisher really thought he gave us the best chance to win.

Once Fisher realizes he should play Grant over Sasha we'll
be alright going forward.

Last edited:
Melo is actually putting together a solid season so far. Discounting some of the "off" nights he's had--He's been doing well and preserving his body for the long haul.

Fiance was in town and we got to catch the game. Here are her thoughts:

- "The tall white guy is really good" lol
- "#42 seems to finally be playing well"
- "Why is the tall guy with the weird haircut not doing anything?"
- "Melo has been playing pretty well recently"
- "The Spaniard is finally playing well"
- "#22 from the Minnesota is REALLY good" lol
- "Didn't KG get into a fight with Melo a few years ago" lol
- "#2 on the Knicks has a lot of hustle"
Is your fiancé white?

Is your fiancé white?
Nah, she's from South Asia. Originally from the Bay area.

Hank Scorpio doesn't care about black people.
roll.gif

Sadly enough, I have never seen this movie. Shame on me.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Melo is actually putting together a solid season so far. Discounting some of the "off" nights he's had.

Huh?? he's had waaaay more off nights than on nights, and Lance seems to be the go to guy in the 4th as Melo tends to disappear. Melo could shoot 4-30 we lose by 2 and most in this thread will be like maaaan Melo had a great game, he had 6 assists 11 rebounds 5 turnovers but didn't get any calls and and he made 2 other great passes that Caldo should've hit that's why we lost the game. But Great Game by Melo.

Last edited:
Or the others. The Sixers are willing to give you the first pick in the Draft and Okafor for Melo and Grant. Nah man it ain't worth it we are going to be way worse with Okafor and Simmons we don't have time to rebuild. Plus they want Grant too!!! That's an awful trade. Grants about to be a fringe all star.

Last edited:
a) Melo wouldn't waive his NTC to go to Philly

b) Philly wouldn't trade Simmons for Melo, let alone Simmons and Okafor

I was exaggerating for a point. I know Philly would never Do that. But it seems no matter what scenario anyone throws up its always Nah not for Melo. This team will be way worse we don't have time to rebuild. Like I said I'm a die hard Knick fan but I'm a realist and seems in some people's eyes Melo can't do no wrong and he's the best thing to ever happen to us.

Last edited:
I'm a Fan of the Knicks, obviously I like some players more than others but if you're not playing to your potential or paycheck why should I have love for you when you're not helping the team more often than not. It doesn't matter who it is. Play to your potential or paycheck and contribute to this team winning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom