OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
@HerringWSJ: Fisher suggested that Knicks constructed the roster in a way that didn't take into account that KP might be able to play the 5 this quickly.

yep, Lopez is gone

@HerringWSJ: Fisher suggested that Knicks constructed the roster in a way that didn't take into account that KP might be able to play the 5 this quickly.

yep, Lopez is gone

They thought he would a soft jump shooting 4. We're a better team with him at the 5

when we drafted him i didnt know if he would be good or not but i thought he would be the starting center... just doesnt make sense to draft him and play him at the 4... but then i think of finesse big guys like dirk who is great at the 4 so it makes sense for KP to play the 4 even though he is somewhat more aggressive than dirk... it makes you think if we stuck with KP at the 5 then who would we use that money on instead of robin

Yeah always figured the 4 would be his spot for the time being.

Wonder if we'll spread the floor more often...honestly we have one, maybe two too many big men. We can get two more perimeter guys and really stretch the floor and keep Kristaps out there. Kyle can be the back-up and he doesn't look awkward like Lopez when he has to make a decision with the ball.

was at the game. section 225 :pimp: great crowd.

cant wait till Lopez is gone. Hate him.

smfh @ how much KP played. :stoneface:

man, Grant is out the rotation now ? :smh:

W is a W.

@HerringWSJ: Asked Melo about the 4/5 lineups w him and KP. Said its more uptempo, & forces defenses to make more difficult choices on the perimeter.

@HerringWSJ: Also asked if he sees more potential for pick-and-rolls w him & KP. He essentially said no; that's not within the scope of Knicks' offense

@HerringWSJ: Melo, on potential to run screen and rolls w KP: "I can count on two hands how many times we run pick-&-roll." Said same was sorta true of he and Amare, albeit for different reasons that had more to do with personnel than scheme.

the bolded quote :smh: :frown: :stoneface:

the bolded quote
mean.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
**** makes no sense at all whatsover

and its still **** melo idc anymore

KP been off for a week+, but hes found ways to contribute which is pretty impressive.
Lopez is just in there to use his fouls and miss layups.

im hoping Afflalo can go off like this, once every 1 1/2 weeks.

It really is.

We'll have Robin Lopez do all sorts of things that really don't suit his game but won't do the obvious.

I think at this point Fisher is blatantly doing this to keep KP "grounded". Which is well, stupid.

good win last night. i was getting a bit nervous, but lance thomas made shots when we needed it. i cant believe im actually praising the dude haha. im glad he's actually become a big contributor, even though most of y'all dislike him. for what we're paying, he's a sold defender and can create his own shot. dude still needs to work on not travelling though :smh:

KP was off all night and melo was turning the ball over far too much in the 4th, but our role players and "double A" stepped up. the only really upsetting part is how stagnant they get after halftime. they need to learn to keep the intensity up for all 48min, so a blowout doesnt turn into a dog fight in the last 7 min.

Brian Shaw said he's picking KP over Towns because of his versatility and he feels his ceiling is a bit higher due to his athleticism and offensive/defensive potential at the 5 position

good win last night. i was getting a bit nervous, but lance thomas made shots when we needed it. i cant believe im actually praising the dude haha. im glad he's actually become a big contributor, even though most of y'all dislike him. for what we're paying, he's a sold defender and can create his own shot. dude still needs to work on not travelling though :smh:

KP was off all night and melo was turning the ball over far too much in the 4th, but our role players and "double A" stepped up. the only really upsetting part is how stagnant they get after halftime. they need to learn to keep the intensity up for all 48min, so a blowout doesnt turn into a dog fight in the last 7 min.

Don't think that lineup that went on the huge run in the first half played again in the second

Back
Top Bottom