OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I know this is like beating a dead horse, but look at this angle. Keep your eyes on Cousins, he had absolutely NO IDEA that KP was behind him.

Last edited:
Carmelo fires back after Barkley questions his leadership

PORTLAND – Carmelo Anthony acknowledges he’s never going to be a rah-rah, in-your-face leader, but he has a problem with Charles Barkley or anybody else passing judgment on what they never see.

“I wouldn’t even feel right cursing my teammates out here on the bench, on the court. That’s not who I am. Me and my teammates we have conversations, we have players-only meetings. I speak up and I’m heard,” Anthony said. “But the problem is somebody always trying to compare you to the next person, to the next man, and that’s what kinds of irks me and gets on my nerves. How can you tell somebody that they’re not, you know. You’re not around me. I’ve never even met you before. So you know nothing about me other than what you’re seeing out there on the basketball court, the couple minutes of the games you actually watch. So for somebody to tell me I need to be a better leader, I mean it’s ...”

Barkley, a TNT analyst, took a shot at the star forward during Thursday’s telecast of the Knicks-Kings game, saying Anthony needs to be a better leader. Anthony said he has never met Barkley, a longtime critic of the Knicks.

“I don’t know how to be a better leader than what I’m doing. I don’t know what that mean,” Anthony said. “A lot of people interpret that different ways. I don’t know what to say about that.”

Anthony, who is not a demonstrative personality like LeBron James or Kevin Garnett, said he’s in a unique and unfair predicament regarding the criticism as the star in New York. He referenced Wednesday’s blowout defeat in Utah, when the 31-year-old was knocked for his stoic disposition on the bench.

Melo fired back at Charles Barkley after outspoken analyst and former player questioned Anthony's leadership skills. Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images for American Expres
Melo fired back at Charles Barkley after outspoken analyst and former player questioned Anthony's leadership skills.

“I always say it’s a lose-lose situation for me. And then everybody else is in a different situation. You take the game in Utah, for example, when I was sitting on the bench thinking to myself trying to think what’s going on. If anybody else in the NBA in my situation would’ve done that they’d be like, ‘He’s pissed, he’s being a leader.’ With me, it’s bad body language.

“So it’s always going to be a tough situation and I think that’s kind of what put me at peace this offseason and made me come to peace and not have to worry about those things.”

Anthony has a point, if Thursday’s loss is any indication. He missed a potential game-winning 3-pointer after the ref swallowed his whistle on a clear foul – a mistake the NBA later acknowledged – but was condemned by fans for not passing to Kristaps Porzingis.

The damning evidence circulating the internet was a screenshot of Porzingis wide open under the basket as Anthony was rising for a shot. Anthony said they saw the photo on the team bus before New York’s game Saturday against the Blazers. Another screenshot showed Sacramento’s Rajon Rondo grabbing Anthony’s left arm as he gathered himself for the shot with about two seconds remaining. It sailed wide left and the Knicks lost for the seventh time in their last nine games, 99-97.

Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has been knocked for his demeanor on the bench.Howard Simmons
Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has been knocked for his demeanor on the bench.

“Hindsight is always 20-20. In my mind, did I want to take the last shot? Of course. But once I got my arm grabbed everything else goes out the window,” Anthony said. “Even if I wanted to throw it to KP, it was an impossible pass to make. So hindsight is always 20-20. People always say what you shoulda, coulda did after the fact.

“I was so focused on getting my arm back. There was no way I could’ve seen him. If you freeze frame anything, a lot of things would be open.”

The Knicks need a victory Saturday against the Blazers to avoid an 0-3 road trip. For already the second time this season, Anthony called a game a “must-win.” Coach Derek Fisher said he’s sticking with the same starting lineup despite some consideration of change.

“You don’t ever want to go winless on a road trip,” Anthony said. “So this is a game that is a must-win for us, just kind of morally and emotionally we want to get this where we have a good chance to get this win if we play the way we want to play.”

http://nydn.us/1lWIpYU

if we re-sign any of those bum UFA's i swear to god....

i anticipate Afflalo & DWill opting in, which i'm fine with

also i expect Galloway to be back & Early to be let go

"Coach Derek Fisher said he’s sticking with the same starting lineup despite some consideration of change."

:stoneface: **** this guy, like for real.

Last edited:
the only other lineup he could go with would be Calderon-Galloway-Afflalo-Melo-KP

it's worth a try but our options are kinda limited

He's still a competent big man so with the cap increase he may have some appeal at that contract. He just doesn't fit what we need though.

we're moving closer towards KP at the 5 so Lopez is either gonna have to take a bench role or he'll be moved for a guard

his play right now isn't helping his value at all but i still think we could get a guard who fills a bigger hole

Last edited:
I'd much rather have Lopez as a backup, would like Fish to try a line up like this one day:

Grant
Afflalo
Melo
Porzingis
O'quinn

Side note. I recently got a Porzingis swing man jersey in from nba.com. I haven't bought a Hersey in years. From what I remember the old swing mans were close to the authentic, I still have a bullets mj one that has everything sewn on. Now this thing arrives, it reminds me if the old champion replicas from the 90s. Noting is sewn on

Side note. I recently got a Porzingis swing man jersey in from nba.com. I haven't bought a Hersey in years. From what I remember the old swing mans were close to the authentic, I still have a bullets mj one that has everything sewn on. Now this thing arrives, it reminds me if the old champion replicas from the 90s. Noting is sewn on

yeah my brother just got a new Anthony Davis swingman & the name & numbers are almost screenprinted

same price but a lesser quality product :smh:

yeah my brother just got a new Anthony Davis swingman & the name & numbers are almost screenprinted

same price but a lesser quality product :smh:

That's ******* AWFUL he should send it back. The $70 Nike Swingmans from back in the day were damn good quality and almost just as good as the $150 Authentics. Only one that was really distinguishable from the Authentic was the "stars" Magic jersey

Last edited:
Jose getting burned. lopez and porz scrambling to recover. mason plumlee on his way to a career high. typical knicks game so far .

God this offense looks awful. Just no spacing or movement off the ball once it gets to who it's supposed to go to.

The defense is what it is at this pt. guards go nuts

Back
Top Bottom