OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
it's not as easy of a play as it sounds. it's a tough situation. you try to make the pass you risk not getting a shot off in time. you force the shot, you get crucified for not making the pass.

why wasn't the ball advanced to half court on the timeout? was it because of where the timeout was called?

Unbelievable how you make it seem so simple. Give me a break. Nevermind the fact that Cousins has his back to Porzingis, he has eyes on Melo who has to pass the ball beyond him. Easy steal/deflection at the very least!

Its really not that hard. He's suppose to be a star. The kid is 7 foot +, its a pass both me and you can make.

Last edited:
the link that DON RAMON posted really shows it all. At the 4 second mark he shoulda made that lob. You cant criticize a player for making the right pass.

Last edited:
I mean the screenshot (whether or not the pass is possible) is still funny as hell, no? :lol:

It's just soooo Meloooo :lol:

Passes are much faster than a shot though. The pass and tip in/dunk can be done in 2.1 seconds.

W.e an L is an L. I'm just getting tired of Melo's antics at this point. We need a better PG.

Last edited:
the link that DON RAMON posted really shows it all. At the 4 second mark he shoulda made that lob. You cant criticize a player for making the right pass.

the video says he had 3 guys open well let's look at it:

the white dude is playing 2 on afflalo and the dude in the corner so forcing a pass there is risky. could work if you have enough time to swing it to the corner, but it'll be cutting it close. now porzingis at the 3 second mark (of the clip) isn't in a good passing lane. if he's too his left, it's an easy pass, but he's too close to cousins to comfortably pass to. now when melo gets into a shooting motion, kp is in a good passing lane thats open. so what we're looking at is if melo was gonna hit kp, it wouldve been on a jump pass which is always risky, but that's the only play there.

Last edited:
Melo is what he is. I don't know why folks keep trying to convince themselves otherwise. He's not turning into LeBron in the last few seconds of the game. He's a shooter. The clock is winding, the ball is in his hands, the shot is going up. You think Kobe in his prime makes that pass to KP? No. I doubt he even saw KP. This is just highlighting some of our larger issues. A better coach diagrams a better play. And our biggest problem is a lack of a floor general. Someone who breaks down defenses, knows where to get every player the ball, and can get an easy two when we need it. This team has a long way to go but at least we're headed in the right direction. Jury is still out on Fisher though. Can anyone tell me one thing he does that brings value? Cause I can't. I'm wondering if Phil would be willing to look elsewhere.

I think Derek Fisher is losing the team.

I'm truly disgusted that Sasha is getting playing time.

It shows that Fisher doesnt really think about the big picture, and bases his rotations on what he sees players do lately.

That shows no confidence in anyones ability

Just read that he hasn't even spoken to D-Will about his inconsistent minutes.

That means he hasn't spoken to anyone about their minutes.

Our offense has been reduced to molasses. Shows no sign of adjusting.

He will trust that it will work "because it worked last time we won, and noone complained ". Right Fish?

Unpresidented , Unfiltered, undying, endless love for Sasha Vujacic and Lance Thomas.

We've been missing shots and playing terrible all around.

Melo has trusted his team mates less and less. He seems to be out there to prove a point to either himself or to the world that he can still Ball.

From the looks of things, I think Fisher is losing the guys. THey're just simply not playing as hard as we were to begin the season.

I think guys are getting sick of his inconsistency. Unfortunately, I can't offer any positive solutions.

Dark times.

Last edited:
should've been a foul before the shot. rondo grabbed him as he dribbled to the 3 point line. look it seems like an easy pass to porzingis, and maybe it was, but with 4.6 seconds left, rondo pulling his arm, it's really not as clearcut as it looks on a still image.

melo's gotta make his free throws though. he's been shaky at the line all year.
still 80 percent... it looks bad when were down by 2 and he's 6/11

Fish benched KOQ for his beard
Probably benched Derrick for his hair
Early got benched over his clothes
Lance plays because he probably a scumbag like Fisher

Last edited:
Some of ya'll were getting at Phil earlier, so when it comes to Fisher, I look at like this....

Phil wanted to hire Steve Kerr, he was our guy. Marv Albert talked Kerr out of coming to NY, one year later he's winning the championship. So I do believe Phil went after the right guy, but by the time Kerr was hired in GS - we were up against the ropes and had to hire somebody.

So by no means do I think Phil is putting Fisher on this pedestal - Phil, Fish, and fans all know that Fisher wasn't a first option. So Fisher should be smart enough to know his job will never be safe. It was last min impulse decision, but it's reversible.

Firing Fisher shouldnt be a big deal with Rambis there, he's still a "Phil" guy. In the 1 game that Rambis coached us he's proven that he's by far a better coach.

I wonder if Phil ever thought about hiring Brian Shaw if available
laugh.gif
Shaw is available.............and that man should consider him, Shaw created the Pacers' half-court offense that worked for them for 3 seasons

Back
Top Bottom