OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Melo made great plays all night. But none of y'all care.

Are you serious lol because he made a few good passes we should praise him. That's his job as a max player is to make plays and what about all the missed lay ups and free throws but I guess all the Melo lovers don't care about that.

Empty stats. I saw key turnovers, missed layups, playing overly aggressive for no reason. Dude needs to just relax and let the game come to him, idk why he's always playing at 100 mph trying to force himself to the FT line.

He's also something like 5/30 in clutch situations as a Knick.

Last edited:
this loss sucks, but it's gonna really bother me tomorrow when i think about it more in depth

losing too many games man

Damn...I give yall Knicks fans credit staying up till 1:30 to watch them choke :lol:

Porzingawd held his own against Boogie tho...respect

should've been a foul before the shot. rondo grabbed him as he dribbled to the 3 point line. look it seems like an easy pass to porzingis, and maybe it was, but with 4.6 seconds left, rondo pulling his arm, it's really not as clearcut as it looks on a still image.

melo's gotta make his free throws though. he's been shaky at the line all year.

Btw, Rondo a FA next year? I'll take him in a quick min, always loved his game. Even if he is slimey.

But it'd probably wouldn't make much sense 3-5 years from now.

Edit..

Last edited:
I mean you can only offer like 5 year deals anyway so if you can get him for 3 or 4 years, it wouldn't be so bad. He's been a lot better than I thought he'd be.

Melo brought us back into this game with sheer will power.
i don't know that melo brought us back into the game, but he did play hard (albeit innefifcient). his numbers are what should be expected of him at the very least. he should also be expected to make free throws and layups

the same second unit that was out there last night was the same mix of guys who were out there when we won a string of games earlier in the season. they move the ball up the court quick, which enables a different kind of offense than the one the knicks are used to with carmelo isos

Last edited:
I mean you can only offer like 5 year deals anyway so if you can get him for 3 or 4 years, it wouldn't be so bad. He's been a lot better than I thought he'd be.

I always thought he was great, he had a bad year in Dallas but anyone could have seen that coming. Dallas was/is such a systemic team, never relied on PG's, it wasn't a good fit.

But Rondo with KP, left-wing pick and roll on the triangle, def think it'd look great. He's a magician with the ball. But him not being able to shoot really does **** up the triangle :lol:

Still low risk and high reward, he could always be tradable but I'd welcome him with open arms.

People gotta stop latching on to the screenshot there as if it tells the entire story.

- Look at the clock, there's 2.1 seconds left.

- Cousins is essentially playing center field. 

- So you mean to tell me, you expect a bullet pass from beyond the top of the key + a clean catch + a layup in 2.1 seconds? While being held by Rondo & Cousins standing in center field?

People gotta stop latching on to the screenshot there as if it tells the entire story.

- Look at the clock, there's 2.1 seconds left.

- Cousins is essentially playing center field. 

- So you mean to tell me, you expect a bullet pass from beyond the top of the key + a clean catch + a layup in 2.1 seconds? While being held by Rondo & Cousins standing in center field?

Throw the lob man, you got a 7 footer down low. That pass/tip takes less than 2 seconds easily. Zero chance Cousins woulda got to that, from the looks of it he had no idea KP was behind him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom