**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

i saw alot of positives but i'm extremely disappointed. melo definitely became a knick tonight. for sure.

normal people didn't think we would beat the celtics in a 7 game series. and everyone knew we weren't going for a chip. so I just look at this as progress. team getting cohesive. going through adversity together. some young guys get playoff experience. we see if the coaching works, what role chauncey plays etc.

celtics get away with alot of shoves in the back. but my real complaint is how pierce is refed. should have fouled out. He was hacking melo and also being the actress that he is on the offensive end. But can't blame this one of the refs like game 1. we just haven't figured out how to close games. plus not having chauncey and amare doesn't help.

either way as presently constructed the celtics are better. we all know that. we have alot of room the grow though. so I'm still optimistic. I just want to win at least one at the garden so we can stop the playoff win drought.

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Rondo SHOULD have lost to Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jared Jefferies and Toney Douglas tonight. You couldn't convince me those 4 guys would ever have been out on the floor at the same time this year. Celtics ain't making it too far. On another note, congrats to Melo for hoisting away a 14-30 shooting night....most of which were outside contested iso jumpers with Paul Pierce's hand in his face after he stood there and dribbled without looking for a single teammate or being able to move the bricks that he has for feet towards the basket. But hey, he put up 42 and 17 so it was an amazing playoff performance, right? Please tell me why if you gave Wilson Chandler or Gallo 30 shots and 11 free throws that they couldn't score the same amount of points. I swear to god I hate watching this dude play more than any other player. Even the Spurs play faster than the Knicks at this point.

you sound ridiculous. what happened when melo passed? jefferies %@$%%@ up. most of the time the knicks were standing around watching him.

amare and chauncey out. melo had to go nuts for us to win. just look who he was on the court with.

dantoni has some terrible plays out of timeouts. doc and the celtics are surgeons

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Rondo SHOULD have lost to Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jared Jefferies and Toney Douglas tonight. You couldn't convince me those 4 guys would ever have been out on the floor at the same time this year. Celtics ain't making it too far. On another note, congrats to Melo for hoisting away a 14-30 shooting night....most of which were outside contested iso jumpers with Paul Pierce's hand in his face after he stood there and dribbled without looking for a single teammate or being able to move the bricks that he has for feet towards the basket. But hey, he put up 42 and 17 so it was an amazing playoff performance, right? Please tell me why if you gave Wilson Chandler or Gallo 30 shots and 11 free throws that they couldn't score the same amount of points. I swear to god I hate watching this dude play more than any other player. Even the Spurs play faster than the Knicks at this point.

e1626471020e337cb2369d3ed4be96a0b7927d42_r.jpg

The way the Celtics are playing, If the Billups and Amare are HEALTHY...THEY CAN BEAT THE CELTICS.

There is NO way Celtics are winning in MSG. NO WAY.

Originally Posted by DubA169

you sound ridiculous. what happened when melo passed? jefferies %@$%%@ up. most of the time the knicks were standing around watching him.

amare and chauncey out. melo had to go nuts for us to win. just look who he was on the court with.

dantoni has some terrible plays out of timeouts. doc and the celtics are surgeons

Oh dantoni definitely has some horrendous "plays", if that's what you wanna call them, I never said he didn't. That dude literally has no basketball strategies, he just moves his hands, clenches his teeth and says play fast, play fast. The dude is just about ******ed. And yeah, his teammates that he had out there were trash besides Douglas, but he would have done the same damn thing even if he was on the floor with Billups and Amare. That's just the way he plays and it's not good basketball. It breathes zero confidence into his teammates the way he puts himself above them. You guys can keep being dilusional all you want, but you can't tell me you have more fun watching this team than the one earlier in the season with Gallo, Chandler and Fields when he actually fit in with the team and style of play. They straight up sold their soul in that trade.

he was passing out of the double teams

i don't care about what's fun. we are closer to one day getting a ring with melo. it's obvious that he is a legit player that can put the team on his back. He almost beat one the best teams in the last decade by putting it on his back. I wish them well but i don't give a $+%+ about gallo and chandler and their supposed potential. gallo and chandler aren't doing what he just did against one of the best defenses ever

the same people talking about this "fun" team of felton, gallo, and chandler would be crying if melo ended up extending with the nets

playing with jefferies on offense is playing 5 on 4. we all know this except the coach. jared will make one nice play and rip your heart out the next 2 plays

I don't even want to say anything, I just want to shoot down Red Sox and Celtic fans....
NYK WE BETTER COME ALIVE FRIDAY, I WANT TO WIN BY 5+

lol what do you guys think of this article that talks about game 2 and melo's pass to jeffries
[h1]Anthony falls short of stardom with loss[/h1]

"When Anthony had a chance to close out the game, he made the safest possible play to ultimately deflect criticism, the one that deep down he knew would free him of blame when it predictably crumbled."

wow really now???

I've been a harsh criticizer on melo but let's be real. You can't bash him on yesterday's game. It was 1 on 5. Dude went on 13-2 run by himself I think in the third or forth quarter. Boston began doubling him immediately when he touched the ball midway through the 4th.

No one else stepped up other than him. Fields struggled. Walker didn't hit any buckets all game. Douglas was like 3-13. I thought Douglas would have a good game but he easily had the worst. Everyone bashing jeffries but walker was getting cooked by rondo. He would let rondo go straight to the rim and not stop the ball. I had no idea what he was doing just letting rondo go in for layups. I saw turiaf scream at Douglas like "yo step the f up." it's all good though

only complaint of the game other than the refs was that I just didn't like that that turiaf wasn't in the game for defense when Garnett dropped in his baby hook. I didn't see williams in either. Don't understand why we didn't put in our strongest defensive cast out there. Just stuck with the shooters even on defense

Game 1 was amare's, game 2 was melos. Can we see both our stars shine at the same time on friday? Turiaf needs to be on the court more. Dantoni doesnt know how to rotate players. NYK need a defensive/rebounding center, a new coach and we win it next year.

Originally Posted by nismotl

lol what do you guys think of this article that talks about game 2 and melo's pass to jeffries
[h1]Anthony falls short of stardom with loss[/h1]

"When Anthony had a chance to close out the game, he made the safest possible play to ultimately deflect criticism, the one that deep down he knew would free him of blame when it predictably crumbled."

wow really now???

wojinowski is a knicks hating pedophile looking hack. if he shot double teamed he would have killed him anyway. absurd

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by DubA169

Oh dantoni definitely has some horrendous "plays", if that's what you wanna call them, I never said he didn't. That dude literally has no basketball strategies, he just moves his hands, clenches his teeth and says play fast, play fast. The dude is just about ******ed. And yeah, his teammates that he had out there were trash besides Douglas, but he would have done the same damn thing even if he was on the floor with Billups and Amare. That's just the way he plays and it's not good basketball. It breathes zero confidence into his teammates the way he puts himself above them. You guys can keep being dilusional all you want, but you can't tell me you have more fun watching this team than the one earlier in the season with Gallo, Chandler and Fields when he actually fit in with the team and style of play. They straight up sold their soul in that trade.
Who are you?

Talking a bunch of nonsense. 

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Game 1 was amare's, game 2 was melos. Can we see both our stars shine at the same time on friday? Turiaf needs to be on the court more. Dantoni doesnt know how to rotate players. NYK need a defensive/rebounding center, a new coach and we win it next year.

Yo...

WHY THE HELL TURIAF WASN'T ON THE COURT WHEN JEFFERIES WAS PLAYIN D ON GARNETT IN THOSE LAST SECONDS?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Yo...

WHY THE HELL TURIAF WASN'T ON THE COURT WHEN JEFFERIES WAS PLAYIN D ON GARNETT IN THOSE LAST SECONDS?

nerd.gif

Yo i changed the channel when i saw who was gaurding KG, that $##+ was ridiculous.
Whats really good with you Buck em? you talking some wild $##+ right now

jj should of pivited to the top of key and got walker for the cut down the paint there was 4 seconds left which is enough for a layup

dantoni rewarded jefferies made lay up by keeping him in the rest of the game. that's honestly how I think he thinks these things through

shawne williams can guard dwight howard but he can't guard garnett? shanwe probably should have been in because at least he has some semblance of an offensive game. why play 5 on 4 when we don't have to is beyond me

Ronny was on the bench with his knee wrapped up. I don't recall any games where he'd get his knee wrapped and then come back out. Melo was forced to go nuts. He was the only reason we were even in the game. If Walker makes an extra pass, or hits a damn shot, maybe we would've won. Boston did their job, they protected home court. Now its our turn. See ya at game 3.

I don't know about you but Jeffries played good defense and even hit Garnett on that last hook shot he made, not his fault a double didn't come (seems like nobody named Jeffries knows how to double effectively).

Jeffries had a good game and prior to that he made a clutch shot, how about we get a big stop when we need it?

jefferies played good defense but when we are down 1 point with 20 seconds left he shouldn't be playing. point blank. him magically hitting a lay up before that is no excuse.

once again for such an offensive genius i haven't seen any great plays out of timeouts over the last 4 years. maybe the one so amare can get a three that he uses all the time is okay.

but whatever the celtics are just better. so i'm not so mad. game 1 i still feel like the refs stole. game 2 we just lost.

I love what Shawne has brought to this team but he isn't changing that final possession. He would have been in the same spot to set the screen for Melo and then roll...and He has the same chance of finishing over KG as Jared...none.

Does it honestly matter the choices of Anthony Carter or Roger Mason, Shelden Williams or Jared Jeffries, Shawne Williams or Jeffries, Bill Walker or Shawne Williams? I mean honestly, 50% of those names are lucky to be employed.

D'Antoni's execution has been flawed, don't get the knock on his personnel choices right now...because, frankly..those choices stink and it's damned if you, damned if you don't. Everyone wanted Jared out, but what about when he makes the go-ahead layup 15 seconds earlier? heck, the guy actually did make 5 baskets last night. I don't disagree that you preferred Shawne in Dub, but we both know if Jared gets yanked and Shawne gets blocked or stripped there are going to be people screaming at him for pulling the guy that just got us the lead.

loss5.jpg

There is one person on the roster who can finish that pass from Melo (which absolutely was the right play)..and he had back spasms.

I want a defensive center this off-season, but make damn sure he also is a guy who can finish. this platoon of centers blows so many damn passes/layups/putbacks .

Jeffries had a good game too, he really was making a difference out there on the court.

Melo made an excellent pass exactly when that pass needed to be made, once that double came he got rid of the ball and zipped it right to Jeffries. STAT there and it's a game winner, and all of a sudden D'Antoni looks like a genius with that play call.

I am not even as upset as game 1 because we all know how that game ended when it was not even the Knicks fault, but they are playing their @+@@$ off and we had no business even competing last night and they played hard and should have won.

game 3 is an obvious must win, and if they win that game its a series again. 5 games series its over, 7 game series its not.

Back
Top Bottom