**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I actually think dantoni has been very good the last two games except when it comes to the last 3 minutes of a game. He just seems lost at points.

seems like it. game 1 we had like 10 seconds left with no TO's left cause d'antoni wasted a TO earlier

real talk...I'm a laker fan through n through, but i rooted for yall last night. melo is my 2nd favorite player, so i always want son to do well. this game broke my heart. the knicks roster really is a bunch of scrubs w/o the top 3 guys. melo gave son a dime and instead of a layup, and maybe draw the foul, he decides to pass...smh. melo spazzed the !!%# out last nite and couldnt get any help on offense or defense smh. i wouldve liked to see him play the double team a few times instead of passing out. he couldve at last drawn fouls on big baby.. i was sad n mad as hell at that game. this was yall game to win. first yall hadd kg trip the hell outta son at the end of game one to give sugar ray the open dagger, then you got these random idiots on the floor just watchin melo, and the pringles man not putting the right personnel out there to help.  i'm sorry for yall. seriously. hopefully you guys can bounce back, but getting 4 games on the celtics is close to impossible

alot of yall have great points, But I really wish Dantoni would have gave douglas the ball, either try to beat his man (rondo) or dish it out to a open

Mason, Walker, Williams or Melo. dantoni should have guess the double team was coming. Even tho Melo is our main guy

the 2 plays prior to the last 1 they double.. gotta let someone else beat you... UGHBGHAHAHGHGHGHGHG

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I love what Shawne has brought to this team but he isn't changing that final possession. He would have been in the same spot to set the screen for Melo and then roll...and He has the same chance of finishing over KG as Jared...none.

Does it honestly matter the choices of Anthony Carter or Roger Mason, Shelden Williams or Jared Jeffries, Shawne Williams or Jeffries, Bill Walker or Shawne Williams? I mean honestly, 50% of those names are lucky to be employed.

D'Antoni's execution has been flawed, don't get the knock on his personnel choices right now...because, frankly..those choices stink and it's damned if you, damned if you don't. Everyone wanted Jared out, but what about when he makes the go-ahead layup 15 seconds earlier? heck, the guy actually did make 5 baskets last night. I don't disagree that you preferred Shawne in Dub, but we both know if Jared gets yanked and Shawne gets blocked or stripped there are going to be people screaming at him for pulling the guy that just got us the lead.

loss5.jpg

There is one person on the roster who can finish that pass from Melo (which absolutely was the right play)..and he had back spasms.

I want a defensive center this off-season, but make damn sure he also is a guy who can finish. this platoon of centers blows so many damn passes/layups/putbacks .
oh man, you hit the nail on the head with this pic. jeffries is completely open , gets the ball and hesitates. STRAIGHT UP TO THE HOOP SON! he could have won the game for them. instead, a huge loss.

Douglas looks awful when he takes someone off the dribble, he takes two dribbles in and pulls back.

seems like it. game 1 we had like 10 seconds left with no TO's left cause d'antoni wasted a TO earlier

First game he had to waste a TO when Billups got hurt, yesterday he used his last timeout for the last defensive stand which did not work.

The last play D'Antoni drew up on offense was exactly what we needed to do, good call there it just did not work out.

Hopefully things bounce our way the next two games.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by DubA169

you sound ridiculous. what happened when melo passed? jefferies %@$%%@ up. most of the time the knicks were standing around watching him.

amare and chauncey out. melo had to go nuts for us to win. just look who he was on the court with.

dantoni has some terrible plays out of timeouts. doc and the celtics are surgeons

Oh dantoni definitely has some horrendous "plays", if that's what you wanna call them, I never said he didn't. That dude literally has no basketball strategies, he just moves his hands, clenches his teeth and says play fast, play fast. The dude is just about ******ed. And yeah, his teammates that he had out there were trash besides Douglas, but he would have done the same damn thing even if he was on the floor with Billups and Amare. That's just the way he plays and it's not good basketball. It breathes zero confidence into his teammates the way he puts himself above them. You guys can keep being dilusional all you want, but you can't tell me you have more fun watching this team than the one earlier in the season with Gallo, Chandler and Fields when he actually fit in with the team and style of play. They straight up sold their soul in that trade.
Who are you?

Talking a bunch of nonsense. 

Are you serious? Yo you Knick fans really are dilusional. You don't agree that your coach literally just says "PLAY FAST, PLAY FAST", and that it doesn't work anymore now that you have 2 of the slowest guys at their position starting in Melo and Billups? When Toney Douglas pushes the ball up the court you don't even see Melo or Billups on the screen anymore most the time. He seriously said the reason why he didn't foul Delonte last night with 4 seconds left down 1 point in a playoff game against the Celtics was because he couldn't get to him. I've never seen anything like that in my entire life of playing basketball. You don't agree that Melo needs to get to the rack more? Go check the shot chart, in that first game that Amare and Billups WERE playing he was 5-18 shooting with only 5 of those 18 shots being layups, and he only made one of them. Dude isn't the best outside shooter, yet 4 of his 7 shots in the second half of the first game were 3 pointers. This is not discrediting the fact that Jared Jeffries, Roger Mason, Sheldon Williams, Anthony Carter and Bill Walker should probably not even have a job in the NBA, nor the fact that Toney Douglas got a dump taken on him by Rondo (see the post up where Douglas extends his arms out, has he never been taught how to defend the post in his entire life?!).

Even if he didnt hesitate, theres no way Jefferies would have made that shot.

If anything, I'm questioning why Walker was in the game for so long. Dude was shoot bricks all night long. He even airballed an open three.

Why not put Melo at the top of key instead of the sideline where the spacing was not set up properly? It was set up to fail from the start.

It was just Melo and 4 guys out there.

Props to Doc Rivers though, he let their defense decide the game which was absolutely the right move
tired.gif

I HATE D'ANTONI!!!

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Any chance of us getting Marc Gasol this off-season ?

we need adelman. and seriously ill take dalembert any kinda big man that can rebound. i cant believe we wasted that final 20 sec timeout after boston had just called a timeout. this dude d antoni is the worst and we arent going anywhere with him as coach.

i would like adleman but be real dantoni isnt going anywhere until after next season. just accept it.

marc prob way too pricey. he's good but not THAT good

there is hope tfor the future tho. we definitely have 2 legit players in amare and melo.

Those M7's are sick...shame that I would have to burn all the NY paraphenalia that comes with it. Just wish I could buy them and skip that part.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you guys havent seen me post last night.

BUT 2 words.... Jared Jefferies... This man time and time again negates alllll charges he takes and everything he does positively with just one play.
THE ONE MAN you guys know I have disdain for... He made me proud and made me take my foot off his throat and as quick as I took my foot off his throat, I hadda put it right back on.

WHY CANT HE AND TURIAF FINISH @ THE RIM HARD?!?!?!? There have been more than a few plays where they could have dunked the damn ball and settled for a fingerroll or layup and missed it.

The one man I feel it for is Melo. He stunk it up game one but he had a monster game here and with very minimal help being 1/3rd of the "Big 3" doing it on his own.

There is so much that I want to say about this game but I can't @ this moment. I just made sure to remind yall about jefferies.

Toney Douglass- 5 for 16 (2 for 6 from 3pt)

Landry Fields- 2 for 4

Anthony Carter/Roger Mason- Combined 2 for 7

Bill Walker- 0 for 11 (0 For 5 from 3pt) Pathetic

Point the finger at D'Antoni all you want..But if the supporting cast was more aggressive/efficient offensively, we wouldn't need a last second score to win the game..Bill Walker has been solid all season then the one game where he gets a crap load of minutes in a crucial situation, he can't hit a SINGLE jumper..Bill Walker goes a terrible 2 for 11 and we win that game...

That game...Heart Attack Knicks
ohwell.gif
Melo is a gat-damn beast, though.
30t6p3b.gif

f44kth.jpg

What hurts is finding out that Amar'e...Mr. Almost Saved Game 1...hurt his back in the pre-game warmup showing off...

He jumped up and touched the top of the backboard while dunking with his other hand.

...seriously.
laugh.gif
...only us. 
mad.gif
 If we just had him out there for the last 2 or 3 minutes. 
tired.gif

And I blame TD for not staying with Delonte...and almost everything else he did in the game.

And I get giving the ball to JJ, I mean he literally just made that same play a minute ago, but this time he was shook and hesitant and KG caught on and got under him. _effries is !+!#%*@ terrible.
laugh.gif
I mean he came to play last night, but my God.
laugh.gif

Every time. Least I didn't wake up heated like Monday.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom