**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I'm not even a Knicks fan and I felt crunchy inside.

At the end of the day, even though both games coulda been NYK's, Boston did what they were supposed to do. Protect homecourt. They held serve.

Now it's on the Knicks to do the same.

As the old saying goes, series doesn't start until a road team wins one.

So, good luck NYK
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

Originally Posted by Gottips3

I dont get it...You guys could have easily won both games. some how the celtics, not even playing up to par on any of these games win by such little edge...
experience and proven champions
Spoiler [+]
jared from subway > jared jefferies

i dont care...You guys should be 2-0 right now...smh..oh well
mad.gif

I fault Mike for 2 things:

not getting the ball to Amare more in Game 1.

And probably for not keeping a TO in his back pocket these first 2 games. (and even then on the road, both games were in dangerous territories at times both 2nd halves, so understand needing to use them up)

He did put the ball in Melo's hands both times. First called for an offensive foul that was BS, 2nd time he got blitzed with a double and his judgment was to make the pass, didn't get finished. Those are the breaks.

Think the team looks decently prepared for this series overall. Still getting lost on defense at times, but not sure that will ever get fixed (and no, it's not acceptable)

I still don't understand how shooters all around, but it ends up in jared jeffries hand. Son doesn't look to score ever.

All I know is that once we get a real coach and a decent big the rest of the league is in deep %@*#.

All things considered, it was impressive we were even in that game at the end

we still gave it away.

Hope we can put it all together at home and send it back to Boston 2-2

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

celtics are the best team out of timeouts imo. their sets are perfect.
This!

I see some dudes giving Doc credit in here... But really, more ppl have to recognize that Doc puts his team in position to win.

Originally Posted by jordansmakeyoupoor

I do agree Doc is a good coach... but when you have so many options on the floor, who wouldn't be? 
Disagree. Look at the Knicks. On more than a few occasions, they had Chompsy, Melo, and Amar'e on the floor down the stretch and still failed. Or the Heat... We all know their end of game record. Doc honestly seems to run his timeout sets w/absolute perfection.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Not fouling is inexcusable and the biggest blunder this team has had in a long time and that is saying something.

I was proud at the effort and heart plus Melo's performance but how do you not give yourselves a chance?

Squandered BOTH games. The Celtics are not much better, if at all right now. At worst this should be 1-1.
allen giving Melo props AND showing passion/anger towards the Knicks? 2 things you rarely ever see on NT.

Hell must be freezing over.

Enough can't be said about what Melo did tonight, they could've easily layed an egg and made excuses, and we had an opportunity to win.

I remember I went on a rant about melo before. I take it back. He won me over with the performance today. He almost single handedly won the game for us today.

I'm confused to why turiaf wasn't in the game at the end for defense when Garnett got his bucket.

Refs called everything Boston way. I mean it's crazy. I bet this series goes 7. We should be up 2-0 though. Boston is not the same without Perkins and I don't think they can get to the finals anymore. This will be the heat or bulls year in the finals

If knicks can ge some big bodies this off season and draft a point guard this team will be a force once again.

Didn't think it was possible for me to be even more devastated than I was following Game 1.

Sigh.

Where do we build off of these 2 losses? Think we can win both games at The Garden?

I can't blame D'Antoni too much for having Jefferies out there. He did make a huge lay-up and Turiaf wasn't that involved in the offense. Melo had no choice but to pass it to him, JJ just fumbled the ball. Those are the bounces. Not fouling at the end and having a look of dejection when there was still plenty of time left on the clock is inexcusable.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i watched the replay 10 times and in slowmo jeffries woulda gotten stuffed by kg. his only legit option to score after he caught it was to use his pivot to spin baseline and lets be real, its jared jeffries.

we played with crazy heart and melo willed us, but we got outcoached in the end. celtics are the best team out of timeouts imo. their sets are perfect. ours only set play thats worked at the end of games is a basic surprise the D amare 3.

Turiaf did come up gimpy in the 4th qrtr and believe he asked out. But, I can't remember if he re-entered after that or not. Was around the 5 minute mark (I think)

Team is more than capable of taking these 2. Are you serious? You could make a strong case we should be up 2-0.

I hope these Melo haters finally shut up tonight. As much as I love Will & Gallo how do y'all think we woulda done if we were put in this situation with STAT going out early with back spasms? Chance to win the game with 13 seconds left?

...yea, thought so.

He didn't come back in after that.

They have all the strength in the world to win 2 at home. My question is the same one I had coming into this one. Do they come out with the intensity and fire or do they come out flat and deflated after another gut wrenching loss? They showed the fans and the world a ton of heart tonight, especially the reserves. I couldn't be prouder of them.

Back
Top Bottom