**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I will say this though....if Chauncey is out past this game, the ball is going to be pushed more. I was screaming to push the ball and have the Celtics on their heels all night. We need easy baskets and we passed up quite a few opportunities to get them. 

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
@ blaming the refs

blame melo for falling in love with the jumper the worst thing that happen to the knicks was melo coming in and hitting them threes and long jumpers after that he never stopped

melo has been ODing lately with the 3's... he needs to penetrate to the basket more since he can make free throws and hit guys when they are open

They shouldve put either Walker or Fields on Allen. Douglas doesnt have the height to contest his shot.

This is the part of Melos game where he's gonna have to develop. If the shot isnt there, work the ball around to Amare. That's what he's there for. Bad shot selection.

That phantom call was a bigger dagger than Ray's shot.

If Anthony Carter gets minutes I wont be too upset. Jared Jeffries is useless and all his minutes should go to Turiaf

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I seen this episode way too many times as a 26 year old knick fan 
laugh.gif
I've become numb to it. All I can do is just laugh and say "Ahhh Typical Knicks, I seen this before"

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
@ blaming the refs

blame melo for falling in love with the jumper the worst thing that happen to the knicks was melo coming in and hitting them threes and long jumpers after that he never stopped

melo has been ODing lately with the 3's... he needs to penetrate to the basket more since he can make free throws and hit guys when they are open
its not melos fault we loss this game, but i do agree he needs to stop shooting so many 3s. anyone that watched the game, saw that the refs made straight up BS calls (ones that should not have been called in that situation) and missed some (KG illegal screen, paul pierce touching rim/net on melos 3) when it mattered most. i hate blaming the refs, but when something like that happens in the most important part of the game IN THE PLAYOFFS then its just BS

definitely not melos fault but horrible execution in general down the stretch... and ya im just saying melo needs to stop shooting so many 3's playing like hes gallo when his game is more than that... this also includes chauncey as well always shooting 3's too early in the shot clock...if chauncey shot 3's only when hes open i wouldnt even be mad

FIELDS WAS CHECKING RAY ALL NIGHT... WHY NOT PUT HIM IN AT THE LAST POSSESSION?!?!?!?!?!?!

YES I AM USING ALL CAPS CAUSE I'M MAD

(don't blame Melo for taking that last 3, it goes in and everyone would be singing a different tune right now)

Jeffries had a good game tonight, obviously not offensively.

Fields was a liability and very tentative out there, I understand taking him out.

First to four games is a very long series, today showed us we can play any tempo with this team. This team still has a lot of young guys, their confidence should be sky high.

I cannot get over the refs deciding a @+%%#!+ playoff game though, and PP resorting to acting. NBA is such a soft damn sport its annoying to watch at times.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

FIELDS WAS CHECKING RAY ALL NIGHT... WHY NOT PUT HIM IN AT THE LAST POSSESSION?!?!?!?!?!?!

(don't blame Melo for taking that last 3, it goes in and everyone would be singing a different tune right now)

good points

where the hell was Shelden Williams? Turiaf was beasting thank goodness.

Look I know the knicks had their faults throughout the game GRANTED, BUT dont let your hate for the knicks or our fans or our players whatever cloud judgement in regards to the knicks were unfairly called or lack thereof.

clyde -

"Amare was killing the Celtics and the Knicks kept going to Melo after a timeout. I was confused, why?"

"Melo got fouled on the last shot in the game. Doc Rivers was yelling FOUL FOUL WE HAVE A FOUL TO GIVE, and as melo shot the ball they commited a foul but it was a no call"

Dantoni

"There were 2 tough no calls in the end, it was tough for me to see Tony Douglas hip checked on to the floor to free up ray allen and not see them call it"

RIP Pringles

This can't be life smh..... somebody post a GIF from half baked where sir smoke alot breaking down crying saying I CANT TAKE IT NO MORE

Refs were inconsistent on the last few possessions.
Calling the ticky tack foul on melo, then ignoring KG's illegal screen on TD.
They also missed that tech on Delonte after he ran on the court during live play to chest bump allen after his 3.
Ouch.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

good points
I remember seeing fields being instructed to go in the game in the background but I am feeling that it was right after the carmelo offensive foul. I'm not even sure what happened after that.
and I think this was our best shot (IMO) to steal one. Shaq was out, stat was beasting, turiaf was doin his thing a bit. and melo was a lil off but we still were clickin

I think Melo shoulda penetrated a lil more given the amount of time we had left. or coulda dished it off. 

EDIT:

Refs were inconsistent on the last few possessions.
Calling the ticky tack foul on melo, then ignoring KG's illegal screen on TD.
They also missed that tech on Delonte after he ran on the court during live play to chest bump allen after his 3.
Ouch.

Yo I forgot all about those things I noticed them while watching live.

I was screaming @ the TV how ray allen gonna give this man a chest bump! the knicks aint call no time out no nothing. They got away with that

there was something else I saw in those seconds too but I forgot.... Ive gotta rewatch those last seconds again.

1. Amar'e didn't get any touches past the 3 minute mark.
2. Refs did us dirty tonight. And I mean DIRTY.

And please don't troll in here asking us why we're blaming the refs. This was just blatant disrespect by the officiating crew.

[Don't come back in this thread.  Or you'll be taking a break from NikeTalk for the rest of the series.]

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Bill Simmons
sportsguy33‎: (And yes, that offensive foul on Melo was atrocious. I agree with you. That should not have decided the game. Ludicrous.)

This is the truth.  I was hoping the Knicks would pull it out... then this happened.
mad.gif
tired.gif

Refs played a huge part for both teams through out the game.

The first quarter KG side step right in front of the ref and then the PP travel right after, no Call.

That melo charge should not be called in the fourth quarter (Not to start anything but Melo since the trade does get called for that often in the final seconds of games.)

There was some push offs on the final Ray 3 as well. It was a loosely officiated game due to the physical nature of both teams.

Back
Top Bottom