**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Gave up way too many 2nd chance opportunities. 

Melo's 5th foul was
grin.gif
, along with KG's trip on Toney.

And did Pierce touch the rim on Melo's last shot?!?!!?!  If so, isn't that goaltending?

Either way, we need to take this next game if this series is going to be competitive.  And I don't mean competitive to the point where we lose close, I mean winning at least 2 games in the series. 

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I seen this episode way too many times as a 26 year old knick fan 
laugh.gif
I've become numb to it. All I can do is just laugh and say "Ahhh Typical Knicks, I seen this before"

Pretty much.once we were up one and they had the ball I knew we had lost.Paul pierce won this game down the line with that strip on melo and then the flop then the pass to Jesus.this game will wake the celtics up and a sweep is coming.how many offensive rebounds did we give up? I'm sick and tired of this teams effort down the stretch of games.billups takes so many stupid shots that I'm kinda hoping he's done for the season.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

OFFENSIVE FOUL on Melo with 40 seconds left in the game? Really? This is the PLAYOFFS!!!!! What the hell was that? Melo was just fighting for position

Agreed.  That was bad, but Melo had a shot to win it.
Tough, tough game for the Knicks.

I'm curious to see how they react, and if Billups plays?

yeah the refs !%#!*%* robbed us tonight, but we didn't play with a plan during the last minute or so (less than a minute)

we were just trying to get by any old way without any organization - no set ups, no plays, nothing

Garnett gonna continue the all day cheap shots
Allen gonna continue the shooting clinic
Pierce gonna continue to be The Truth

NY might as well focus on the game of baseball

There was a lot of home team love, but we still could have stolen this game. Amare didn't get any touches towards the end. We NEED to play another big down there to cut down on the offensive boards we're giving up. Melo wanted to go for the win, but he should've gotten closer to the rim for a quick pull-up at the very least.

That was their best chance at stealing a road game. They can still take one, but it's going to be even harder now.

1. i understand why melo took that 3 (away game you always go for the win and i guess he was trying to get a foul called too), so i'm not even mad about that.

2. i usually like blaming dantoni, but clearly, the refs did not help us at all in those last few possessions.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

That was their best chance at stealing a road game. They can still take one, but it's going to be even harder now.
yup, really don't like their chances at game 2 after this.

I do think they can hold serve at home, though. this Celtic's team is just not THAT good.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

billups getting raped by JO + no call
melo getting that bs called on him
kg tripping douglas

not sure ab the melo 3 but that coulda been a foul too which is what he was clearly going for

we're not in lord sterns plans this year and the celtics are

This.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@ blaming the refs

blame melo for falling in love with the jumper the worst thing that happen to the knicks was melo coming in and hitting them threes and long jumpers after that he never stopped

I think I could've played a better 4th quarter than Melo.  
If Pringles put me into the game, I'm positive I could make 1 of 2 free throws, jack up and miss a bunch of threes, have low bball IQ and ignore the shot clock, get the ball stripped from me by Paul Pierce, offensive foul someone with 40 seconds left and chuck up a three at buzzer to lose the game.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I seen this episode way too many times as a 26 year old knick fan 
laugh.gif
I've become numb to it. All I can do is just laugh and say "Ahhh Typical Knicks, I seen this before"
I'm 30 proph. I've seen it way too many times too. But I'm not numb to it fam. Don't think I ever will be. It hurts every time. Like I said in the other thread, For once I'd like to watch a Knicks game and know deep down inside that we aren't going to give up a big shot at the end. But it just always ALWAYS seems so fn inevitable.

So frustrating watching refs give stupid calls to Boston, to Melo just playing trash, to Dantoni coaching.

Why the $%#$ did they not give it to Amare? Melo was cold the entire second half so why would he take the last shot. How does pringles not save timeout? Why didn't they foul? Why didn't they put Fields on Ray when he defended him so well the first half.

I can't blame Melo for taking the final shot, with his clutchness I didn't expect it any other way, I would have gone for the win too in game 1.

That was the worst call ever. Terrible.

They shouldve worked the ball to Amare. Dude was cooking all game. Their problem is that they dont have a designated closer with both Melo and Amare on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom