**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by DubA169

By far miami. It's not even close

they don't have height. Bulls would destroy on on the boards and Garnett is just too ill defensively. Plus shaq's big body would clog the lane

Bosh is a little girl that Amare can outplay. Amare has played in huge games in the playoffs. Bosh hasn't ever experienced a meaningful playoff game

Bron would be worrying more about his triple double than a win so he doesn't get killed in the media.

the pressure would be extreme on the heat. Knicks don't have championship hopes. Nothing to lose.

we would have a great crowd in miami (wouldn't happen in boston or chicago)

The most important thing is Chauncey would be able to guard Bibby. That means fields plays more. Chauncey would get destroyed by rondo or rose
CO-SIGN all of this

great point posed about the PG match up. I forgot bibby was in MIA.

also good point about the fans in MIA. Who would have thought with all the battles we had in MIA, that we would have a following there?

@ First I was thinking Chicago because of the matchups earlier in the season, but we haven't played them since the trade.

Personally I feel that going up against any of these three teams would be epic in their own right. Its gonna be intense no matter what.
We lay down for the scrub teams but I think we will get up in the playoffs.

Against MIA, who is their center? Dude that looks like he belongs in Star Trek?

Billups - Bibby
Fields - Wade?
Anthony - Lebron
Stoudemire -Bosh

J Jefferies / Turiaf- J Anthony/ E Dampier

The Center position is a wash anyhow.
efferies Might have to switch to Bosh or Wade throughout the game.

Whatever right now if the playoffs started we would face BOS, the team I least likely wanted to face. Unfortunately we gotta root for Miami to win some games and boston continue to lose so that MIA can take that 2 seed.

U guys really want to play us that bad??

So if Miami vs. NY in a series do u guys really think u can pull off the upset cause u guys seem confident as HELL.

My take is Miami can win in 6 (4-1 or 4-2).

With u guys when Melo goes to the bench u guys don't really have anybody to keep the pressure and score on the offensive end consistently. All this talk of Bosh being a lil girl is false cause he did a decent job against Stat and Joel played some of the best D on him in the games this season.
Just my take.

throwback, don't forget the "big ugly" sheldon

sheldon has been showing amazing effort and has helped alot. shame that a few posters here knew that sheldon and carter should be getting burn before our genius coach figured it out. And if Turiaf wasn't hurt I don't think sheldon would have even played

just imagine the knicks steal 1 game in miami. MSG would have bosh and lebron pissing in their pants.

I think Wade can handle the pressure but the fact is very few stars have experienced playoff basketball at the garden. It will be nuts.

unfortunately I think the refs would ruin this series and we would have no shot. But it would be fun

i didn't say we would win. If we take the heat to 6 most people will be happy and think when we fill out the roster we will be great

playoffs are about matchups. we match up better with miami than boston or chicago. end of story

bosh looked like a girl against that hostile Cleveland crowd just a few days ago. bricking two free throws in a row during crunch. avoiding contact.

He has no serious playoff experience. Amare has dropped 40 on Duncan. i'll take my chances with him

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Billups - Bibby
Fields Anthony Carter - Wade?
Anthony - Lebron
Stoudemire -Bosh

J Jefferies / Turiaf- J Anthony/ E Dampier
Fixed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by roboski

U guys really want to play us that bad??

yes.

besides... it appears to be a better overall matchup than against boston or chicago.

But knowing MIA, they will be content in the 3rd spot going up against Philly, a team they will destroy.

And Dub I aint forget Sheldon but he's definitely not starting. and That list I made was based on potential starters.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

they don't have height. Bulls would destroy on on the boards and Garnett is just too ill defensively. Plus shaq's big body would clog the lane

Bosh is a little girl that Amare can outplay. Amare has played in huge games in the playoffs. Bosh hasn't ever experienced a meaningful playoff game

Bron would be worrying more about his triple double than a win so he doesn't get killed in the media.

the pressure would be extreme on the heat. Knicks don't have championship hopes. Nothing to lose.

The most important thing is Chauncey would be able to guard Bibby. That means fields plays more. Chauncey would get destroyed by rondo or rose
CO-SIGN all of this
pimp.gif

Obviously MIA. I been watching their games hoping they win and get that 2 seed. Main reason I was mad they lost to Cleveland.

I could definitely see the pressure get to Bron and Bosh if the series reaches a 6th game.

If not MIA I'd rather see CHI before BOS. Not cuz of matchups just cuz it'd be Knicks vs. Bulls in the playoffs again.

I was fine with Fields going ghost in the 4th again cuz at this point let him rest up. Maybe he shows that spark from earlier in the season in the playoffs. He could be a dark horse for us.

In the playoffs the Knicks match up well against every that is not the Magic,Bucks, and Pacers

A team with a strong big man that can score would killed Knicks. The Nets would of won last night if they would of kept giving Lopez the ball

DubA169 wrote:
i didn't say we would win. If we take the heat to 6 most people will be happy and think when we fill out the roster we will be great

playoffs are about matchups. we match up better with miami than boston or chicago. end of story

bosh looked like a girl against that hostile Cleveland crowd just a few days ago. bricking two free throws in a row during crunch. avoiding contact.

He has no serious playoff experience. Amare has dropped 40 on Duncan. i'll take my chances with him
I see what your saying. Bosh has a tendency to play real fragile at times and sometimes he plays like a old school Garnett on the offensive end.

But yeah us against u guys would be cool (cause if we end up beating u guys i would be bragging rights on NT
laugh.gif
) i think most Heat fans dont really care who we face as long as we make it to the NBA Finals. Either road through the Eastern Confrence is a tough one.

But i really would love to face Chicago and put them in there place. I just don't think there that good, there top 3 for sure in the east but i need to see them in a series. I'm surprise u guys don't want to face them instead your undefeated against them right?

Out of the top 3 teams, I would actually like to play the Celts...We have a hole at Center, they have a hole at Center.  Rondo has been really bad these past couple of months as well.  That team just seems slighly lethargic sine the Perk trade and Melo Pierce matchup great as well.  Teams that scare me our teams that have offensive firepower cause we are not going to play any D in the near future.  Amar'e I think would love to go against KG cause the bigger the matchup in his mind the more he wants it.

Honestly, I have a feeling Miami would eviscerate us but I'm prolly alone in that sentiment.  Regardless I see no shot at us realistically beating any of the top 3 teams, we simply don't have the depth this year.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Out of the top 3 teams, I would actually like to play the Celts...We have a hole at Center, they have a hole at Center.  Rondo has been really bad these past couple of months as well.  That team just seems slighly lethargic sine the Perk trade and Melo Pierce matchup great as well.  Teams that scare me our teams that have offensive firepower cause we are not going to play any D in the near future.  Amar'e I think would love to go against KG cause the bigger the matchup in his mind the more he wants it.
If Shaq is not healthy, I agree with this.

but we're not beating anyone.

pretty sure shaq is healthy and chilling out. It's crazy though I kept saying celtics are winning the chip no matter what and no I'm not even sure they coming out of the east. we will see what kind of genius Ainge is

i agree we ain't beating anyone. honestly as long as we don't play the magic i'm happy. bulls, celtics, and heat were all rivalries at one point. This team is nowhere near complete anyway

it pisses me off when MSG is full of celtics fans. Who happen to cheer harder than all the stupid suits. I'm gonna be real disappointed if the garden isn't rocking. Dolan will price the real fans out of the building

100% AGREEE

why? miami is the best match up.

doesn't mean anyone thinks we would win. Even if we came close the refs would hand you the series. I know we ain't winning.

It might be interesting. The way the Heat are playing they're fine with the 3 seed despite the Celts giving it up to them. There'll be another chance for MIA after tonight too. Lets see if they end up keeping Minny in the game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom