**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

This win wasn't pretty but
pimp.gif

Love how Melo put the team on his back in the 3rd and said we not losing this game.

Have to beat the Cavs to get this 7 game win streak rolling hopefully.

Chauncey's shot selection wasn't great but I love it when he pulls that curl play off the screen stops short and pulls up for 3
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No avoiding that other than not playing defense.

This game proved the importance of Carmelo (and Billups for the short term)...In the past with our old squad, if Amar'e sat out all those times with his foul trouble, we would have gotten embarrassed tonight..Amar'e went to the bench at 1 point in the 3rd with the team down 10, then Melo went off for 20..Before the trade, if Amar'e sat with 4 fouls and the team down 10, that lead would be pushed to around 16-20 in a few minutes

However, I wasn't happy with the fact that Amar'e didn't touch the ball AT ALL the last 3-4 minutes of the game after he came off the bench...He had been shooting well all night and it was evident Lopez couldn't hold him..Instead of Billups forcing shots, he should have tried to find Amar'e..Billups keeps trying to be option 2 which is unintentionally pushing Amar'e to option 3, which is gonna discourage Amar'e down the line...His body language on some possessions shows me that he's frustrated when he goes 10-15 possessions w/o a shot

.Amar'e said him and melo would be options 1A and 1B and even if Amar'e becomes option 2 behind Melo, that's acceptable..But no reason why Melo should be option 1, Billups option 2, and Amar'e option 2B..I'm not gonna complain too much because we won the game but seriously, Billups needs to look for Amar'e more..That's the one thing I miss most about Felton..Even though he took stupid shots sometimes (not that Billups doesn't) he would often look for Amar'e when he was having a good shooting game..Anyways, I'm satisfied that we finally beat a sub. 500 team and hope we can continue that the next few games and clinch a spot

1. Glad we won, of course
2. C'mon Amar'e, Billups had 6 rebounds
3. I was thinking of this a few weeks ago. I am soooooo jelly of OKC's front line depth.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

didn't even see the second half, I was sleep.. glad to see we won tho
what the helll?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
old man status right there...game didn't even finished till after 10 pm

Surprised to see a two game win streak going on here, it's good though. Melo needs to put that second half effort a little more often and WHERE THE !%+% HAS AMAR'E BEEN????

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

didn't even see the second half, I was sleep.. glad to see we won tho
what the helll?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
old man status right there...game didn't even finished till after 10 pm

HAHAH
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, yea man I was ballin at the Gauchos gym, and for some reason my body was shut down near the 2nd half, and I was like im out.. we was losing
tired.gif
 also

got around 11 hrs of sleep man
happy.gif
.. woke up super refreshsed and seen that we one, I was like
eek.gif
 X
pimp.gif

The nets are really sour now that they lost their super bowl. Avery been hating on melo hard

Nets coach Avery Johsnon who has recently said he's glad he lost out on Anthony. wasn't overly impressed afterward

"he had 26 shots. It's not like he scored 39 on 14 shots. He took high volume shots"

melo shot 58 percent. Not like he shot 33 percent. I would blow my brains out if I had to hear that voice of his every day

deron said that it stinks to go against amare and melo on the same team. we got two go to scorers and we are just trying to figure it out. It won't happen every night

I would definitely take D-Will over CP3..D-Will is a lot more consistent than Chris Paul...Look at the slump CP3 is going through also..This season has been extremely disappointing for CP3 while D-Will is scoring a career high in points.

I honestly think we need a pass-first PG. It pisses me off when I see Billups having only 5 dimes a game, it just defeats the purpose of the position.

We have 2 beastly scorers who can score on their own, they will feast on a PG who can give em those easy buckets (therefore upping their confidence)

Idk if this makes any sense.

Also, what happened to Fields last night?

fields doesn't play alot because you need toney douglas in with billups so toney can guard the pg's

out of the top 3 teams in the east ( BOS, CHI, MIA)

Which one would you rather have in the #2 seed for us to go up against?

Right now its looking like we not getting #6 back.

By far miami. It's not even close

they don't have height. Bulls would destroy on on the boards and Garnett is just too ill defensively. Plus shaq's big body would clog the lane

Bosh is a little girl that Amare can outplay. Amare has played in huge games in the playoffs. Bosh hasn't ever experienced a meaningful playoff game

Bron would be worrying more about his triple double than a win so he doesn't get killed in the media.

the pressure would be extreme on the heat. Knicks don't have championship hopes. Nothing to lose.

we would have a great crowd in miami (wouldn't happen in boston or chicago)

The most important thing is Chauncey would be able to guard Bibby. That means fields plays more. Chauncey would get destroyed by rondo or rose

Back
Top Bottom