**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Happy Birthday G...enjoy, my dude.
pimp.gif

IDK who we are playing, im just excited we are heading into the playoffs with a decent team. We can give any of those teams a run for their money.

Sometimes I wake up and just think to myself where we were last year with nobody and this year we have 2 out of the top 5 scorers in the league. It hasnt settled that we have Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony. We only dreamed of having players like this just a few years ago and it has finally happened. I havent looked forward to Knicks games in years. I wish we played everyday, I want to watch every second of our games with popcorn and some beers just savoring the accomplishment of OUR team. I'm so proud to be a Knicks fan and im going to OD on the gear now.  Idgaf who gets the credit ; Dolan, Isiah, Walsh, Dantoni... the fact is we are well on our way to make a run for a championship, its not gonna be like when we faced San Antonio and we had no chance in hell. Soon enough we will have 2 maybe 3 superstars and solid role players to be an incredible team to watch.

LOL sorry I got carried away but thats my 10 cents...

GO NY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HBD dude!

and i dont want to face the magic in the 1st round, dwight would murder....
if the heat stay in 3rd, and we stay in 6th, that would be a good series,
the only thing that is that wade/lebron would get a lot of bs calls,
but then again, id like to see us knocking them out of the playoffs....
pimp.gif

i would also like to see the bulls in the 1st round, but miami has to win a bunch, or we would have to drop,
bc chicagos on a roll right now....

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Kemba Walker Could See Himself With Knicks[/h3]
Mar 09, 2011 3:01 PM EST

Walker_Kemba_ncaa_110115.jpg

Connecticut guard Kemba Walker would love to team up with new Knick Carmelo Anthony and play for his hometown team.

"It's special, a special place to play," he said. "Everybody dreams of playing in this place, the bright lights, everybody watching. It's just a special place."

Walker, who’s on pace to graduate this summer, has long followed the career of Carmelo Anthony.

"Carmelo Anthony has been my favorite player so wherever he goes, I go," Walker said when asking who he roots for. "I think about that all the time. I would love to not only play with him but play for this organization, just because I'm from here. But whatever happens, happens. I can't control stuff like that."

The Rockets can swap first round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft so long as New York's 1st round pick is not the 1st overall selection.

Via Mike Anthony/Hartford Courant

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211987/Kemba_Walker_Could_See_Himself_With_Knicks#ixzz1G8UU9Yxk

I guess im on meth then

Kemba's Playmaking skills > Toney Douglas

I would love Chauncey to take both of them under his wing

Yea let's waste another draft pick on an undersized, streaky scorer who has very little court vision. It ain't like we're keeping draft picks anyway. An article on how much he wants to be here doesn't really mean much, I can bet there are a plethora of NY'ers in D1 who would love to play for the home team alongside Melo.

happy born day G

I don't see why the hate for Kemba. Yes, he's undersized but I think if he could pick up the PG position quicker in Pringles system more than a traditional half court team. As far as picks though I'd like to see us add toughness in the front court. Haven't had the time to look over names but if we're gonna go in the guard direction Kemba seems like a pretty good fit IMO.

By all means if a better player drops to us and available pick him but lets not act like PG isn't a problem for us. Billups is a stop gap and if were not trying to form a "big three" (hopefully) we need to try our hardest to sign Deandre Jordan this off-season (clips will not give him big money they are commited to Kaman) sell him on being a starter and possibly winning a chip in the next couple years, re-sign Shawne Williams and a couple other proven guys to solidify our bench. As far as Kemba goes yes he is a streaky shooter but he is also a playmaker . He might not have big assist numbers but what college PG would on that UCONN team ? I watched alot of UCONN games this year and he already has better decision making and PG skills than Toney Douglas has ever showed. You get him on a team with stat, melo, landry, and hopefully jordan you could see he could be a very good backup or a potential starter in the future.

DeAndre Jordan? We don't got cap space to give him big money either.

No comment on Kemba. I mean when was the last time we kept a player we drafted in the 1st round? Ewing?
laugh.gif

If we do though, I guess Rautins is gone.

Also, another thing I haven't been fooled with TD's good play as of late. He's due for a bonehead game. I just hope he doesn't hurt us that much.

modells got another 40% discount so if you want that melo authentic get it now because its in stock 

Kemba will not be a good pickup if we drafted him. I've watched alot of uconn games, having said that, homie is streaky and is not good at dishing. He really doesn't create well for his teammates either. He's an undersized shooting guard playing the point. He's great when he's on, but when he's off, he's hard to watch. The only player I'd want from uconn is The freshmen, lamb.

I don't know where our draft pick is, but if walker has a big tournament, I can see his stock rise.
The good thing about this years draft, is that it's so weak. There are not many standout players. So I think lot of steals will be available in the late first and early second round of the draft.

Originally Posted by you go boy

modells got another 40% discount so if you want that melo authentic get it now because its in stock 
EXCLUDES ALL CARMELO ANTHONY AND CUSTOMIZED NEW YORK KNICKS JERSEYS (copied from site, not yelling)

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

EXCLUDES ALL CARMELO ANTHONY AND CUSTOMIZED NEW YORK KNICKS JERSEYS (copied from site, not yelling)

i did not see that... instant pass
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

i did not see that... instant pass
30t6p3b.gif
i've been trying to use that damn discount since I copped the "Nueva York" jersey. But once carmelo officially became a knick and his jersey number was announced, it was a wrap.

might cop a mo jersey. not sure yet, tho. maybe i'll get a giants jersey instead. did nike pick up the nfl contract yet? i don't want to get a giants jersey if nike is going to take over soon.

Memphis is HOT right now, and a damn good home record, won't be easy that's for sure.
We will need a strong defensive effort tonight.

Back
Top Bottom