**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

in hindsight, I should have just ordered the KA #7 throwback with the modell's 40% off and replace his name on the back.

i dont even think we need to have lockdown defense... we just need to make some stops at the end of games like the showtime lakers they were all about offense and that was it but still won championships...this team is good to win it all with chauncey, melo and amare but we would need a center some really good role players and deep bench... but im confident if we get chris paul next year and a center along with good role players we should win a chip in 5 years assuming everyone is healthy....

maybe its just me but im mad hyped to watch a knick game more than ever... ya i would always watch every knick game even when we were garbage a whole decade but now its like entertaining because we got a real squad along with 2 superstars...no bench and no center but this team is the best they've been in years

In 5 years? Nah, with CP3 and a "serviceable" center, we can make that quantum leap much faster than that. That team, with your key role players, would be more balanced than the Miami Thrice because we'd have true pg to deliver every possession (that he's on the floor). There are still many holes in the Miami offense which stem from not having a true & capable pg.

And they still have Chris Bosh.

getting a third max (which i don't even think is possible) is not the only way to go. riley is probaby kicking himself for using the rest of his money on bosh. you need a deep team to win.

i think we can win sooner rather than later but im being realistic... ill put it like this we definitely close to winning a championship more than we ever been before....maybe not win it this year but we have some good pieces for the future... but obviously we need a great bench along with great role players and a center...i agree we don't need a third max and just build around melo and amare...but it would be nice to get cp3 here and get a serviceable center with a good bench... look at bostons team before they traded perkins their team wasn't great on paper besides the big 3 but they won games.... then again they played great defense...lets say the cba is all hype and theres no lockout and nothing changes can we spend all our money like how we did in the isiah era? remember we had a 100mill payroll at one point... because i would get cp3, center, and a bench with that money... dolan don't care about the luxury tax anyway... the championship teams like the lakers and celtics have close to 100mill payroll so why can't we? we already got 2 maxes so far and working on the 3rd but after that we should spend...

I think a logical move is go after a center this summer, trade for nash next season.

And it hurt seeing wilson in that nuggets jersey last night, ima miss dude out there.

i feel if this team gets a legit defensive and rebounding big (dalembert, tyson, perkins etc) and 1 more player off the bench that can come in and score 10+ (like terry, JR smith, healthy azubuike type player) on any night we'll be a championship caliber team.

We dont need chris paul or another max, just some real good role players and i think it could work.

I wouldn't even go that high. but I would check in on him. we probably don't have the luxury to take that risk now that other teams could, though.

i agree we don't need a 3rd max... the perfect center id get would be tyson a legit backup pf like big baby type and a shooting guard maybe jason richardson? a backup point wouldn't hurt either because douglas is more of a 2 guard... what yall think of tj ford and jeff foster they both free agents this summer... still dont know who our starting pg would be in 2012 though

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i feel if this team gets a legit defensive and rebounding big (dalembert, tyson, perkins etc) and 1 more player off the bench that can come in and score 10+ (like terry, JR smith, healthy azubuike type player) on any night we'll be a championship caliber team.

We dont need chris paul or another max, just some real good role players and i think it could work.

I had been thinking along these lines since before the trade had taken place. There had been several discussions in S&T ranking PGs, who's a true PG and who's not and all that...Someone brought up how most true PGs don't win championships. I was thinking a PG that can play with and without the ball and play high level defense might be the type of PG we need. Most teams with high level PGs have one problem...they don't have a high level wing player that can go out and get their own buckets without having to have everything set up for them. The problem is the only PG that fits that mold is Chauncey, and he's aging. Anyone else see what I'm saying?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Al3xis

call me crazy, but I'd at least kick the tires on Greg Oden this summer.

and shatter a bone? no thanks

yea, that n_ is contagious. you want amar'e to die?

odenasmrglass.jpg

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

I had been thinking along these lines since before the trade had taken place. There had been several discussions in S&T ranking PGs, who's a true PG and who's not and all that...Someone brought up how most true PGs don't win championships. I was thinking a PG that can play with and without the ball and play high level defense might be the type of PG we need. Most teams with high level PGs have one problem...they don't have a high level wing player that can go out and get their own buckets without having to have everything set up for them. The problem is the only PG that fits that mold is Chauncey, and he's aging. Anyone else see what I'm saying?
agreed... a serviceable pg is good enough if the superstars and role players can carry the team... kind of like what derek fisher is... hes not a great pg but hes good enough and hits big shots... we need someone like that... no not derek fisher but you get my point
laugh.gif

call me crazy but i rather sign tyson chandler or perkins, bring back will for a reasonable price if possible this summer and also plug some holes rather than give cp3 all of our money in 2012

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Al3xis

call me crazy, but I'd at least kick the tires on Greg Oden this summer.

and shatter a bone? no thanks

yea, that n_ is contagious. you want amar'e to die?
laugh.gif
. all I'm saying, at least run the guy through some work outs.

- Dallas isn't letting Chandler go, and I doubt OKC has any intentions to let Perk hit free agency.

It's going to be tough to land anyone. As donnie said..good big men are hard to find, because those that have them, don't make them available.

nash expires next year and billups has like only 4 mil guaranteed. just a thought that nash might be able to force his way out of phoenix to a preferred destination. that team isnt going anywhere and nash should have enough respect in the organization to get a move to happen. also would save phoenixs cheap owner money if the knicks pay for all of the guaranteed money in billups contract before trading him.

nash-fields-melo-stat-d12 in 2012
laugh.gif

Knicks continue to be the most racist team in the league. They never have any White people on the team for any length of time.

i wish dwight came here that would be instant dynasty... yes i said it dynasty...dwight is dominant and sometimes he has off nights because he gets double team all the time... if he went here who would the opponent double team? it would be deadly... but thats a pipe dream really... i see him going to LA for some reason... im not sold on nash... hes getting old and he didn't get the job done in phoenix so i think a new pg guard for mike dantoni would be good... assuming hes still our coach moving forward

I really can't see D12 coming here or even working well with Stat and Melo. There would not be enough touches for all 3 of them and Amare and D12 are at their best in the post and that would clog everything up.

Best case scenario, we get CP3. CP3 is a pass first PG who can get you points in the 15-18 range a night.

If not, we HAVE to get a pass first PG, a defensive anchor at C, a backup PG, and some more depth behind our starting 5 overall.

Originally Posted by rashi

Knicks continue to be the most racist team in the league. They never have any White people on the team for any length of time.

they just had gallo for a couple years?

Back
Top Bottom