**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Wil
ohwell.gif
Good for him though
pimp.gif

Charles still taking shots ? I used to mess with Barkley, but he better chill out and get the KnickDick out his mouth.

Originally Posted by d5

I really don't understand the hate for the Knicks...Why?? because we went after a superstar? like Melo said if you were a GM would you not want Melo and Stat on your team? 
People have hated the Knicks for decades. Nothing with just what's happened recently.

Originally Posted by DubA169

watching the bulls heat game made me realize that we won't win anything unless dantoni gets fired and we get someone eho coaches defense

eek.gif
finally someone who is thinking like me

Originally Posted by bballj228

Originally Posted by DubA169

watching the bulls heat game made me realize that we won't win anything unless dantoni gets fired and we get someone eho coaches defense
eek.gif
finally someone who is thinking like me
I don't think any Knicks fan wants Mike D'Antoni to remain our coach. He doesn't even acknowledge defense. Thing is it makes no sense firing him with no one suitable for us to hire in his place.

Nothing new. We've all just accepted for now he's the coach. The excuse has always been wait until he has an actual good team. So when he fails as a coach, he'll get the boot. I give him 2 more seasons.

honestly with our current roster, a team with zero size, who else would u want to be our coach?

you cant bring in a tough disciplinarian coach with melo and stat until they set the bar at "championship or failure" and after legitimately setting that goal they get defeated 2 or 3 times in the playoffs. then thats when their egos will be checked, they'll be humbled, and will buy into anything that a new, hall of fame, winning coach preaches to them.

I was listening to the radio with some of my boys, and dude said dantoni's system can work...if he has high volume offensive players. I'm thinking that its kinda true..

I'm starting to think maybe Denver and Melo split on bad terms. Shots being fired as soon as something big changes is not a good look.

Antoni couldnt win in PHX with nash playing as an MVP and Amare....but i could see Melo/Amare and another player...( Billups is he stays? ) maybe winning it, got to put the pieces around them. But if i was a NYK fan, i would prefer a different coach. IMO

Originally Posted by petermans

I was listening to the radio with some of my boys, and dude said dantoni's system can work...if he has high volume offensive players. I'm thinking that its kinda true..
Well if D'Antoni got 5 of the top 10 players as his starting 5 it probably would but he'll settle for 3.

His whole master plan is completely outscore the opponent in the most basic way; constantly make all possessions in transition fast breaks and shoot a lot of 3s.
Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

I'm starting to think maybe Denver and Melo split on bad terms. Shots being fired as soon as something big changes is not a good look.
Ofcourse they did. Dude brought a negative focus on his organization for 7 months. It was a circus. Same questions after every game.

Specifically cuz they wanted to keep him and he made it known he wanted to be on another team with another coach in another city where he felt would give him a better chance to get rings. Not like the situation with STAT in PHX.

wt4d67aa3b8520c.png

laugh.gif
 Let's shut em down with the quickness.

So what would it look like...cut Balkman and Carter, maybe Mason, to pick up Jeffries, Murphy and Barron?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Antoni couldnt win in PHX with nash playing as an MVP and Amare....but i could see Melo/Amare and another player...( Billups is he stays? ) maybe winning it, got to put the pieces around them. But if i was a NYK fan, i would prefer a different coach. IMO
They should have won the chip if it weren't for those dumb suspensions vs the Spurs.

I'd keep Mason. He's a bit of a tweener but he knows about winning culture from the Spurs. You cant teach that.

I dunno if Murphy will want to be here. He's a rebounder but doesnt strike me as a great interior defender or "big man" per se. He's feast from the corner three though.

Balkman and Carter gotta go.

After thinking about it, I'd take Troy Murphy for the short term....he'll help out with rebounding and would stretch the floor more. Barron also.

I still don't get what went wrong with Mason....he was a good role player in San Antonio.

Murphy won't come here.

Boston, Miami, and Orlando are all interested, all give him a better chance to win this year than our team.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Murphy won't come here.

Boston, Miami, and Orlando are all interested, all give him a better chance to win this year than our team.
I kinda agree. I see him going to Boston.

Back
Top Bottom