**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

son jared jefferies??? DO we all forget the boneheaded plays he tried to make? Dude seriously thought he was Pippen
That man couldn't hit a shot to save his sack. He always tried to dribble like he was nice and lost the ball

I do not want that man back in no shape or form, he got under my skin.

I just think everyone associates Jeffries with that horrible contract he was given by Isiah
laugh.gif

And rightly so. But he actually did do some good things while here.

thenyknicks NBA New York Knicks
Thank you, Knick fans! @carmeloanthony's debut drew the highest household rating (6.75) for a regular-season game on @MSGNetworks since '95.

glasses.gif

And Jeffries "tried to be Pippen" because we were trash and he was brought in as a big part of what were supposed to be doing according to Isiah's plans.
30t6p3b.gif

But he won't come in here to do anything but rebound and play defense if we can get him.

He won't even get a chance to dribble and lose the ball.
laugh.gif

^ This. That team was just a mess and at that point everyone just tried to get there own. I'd gladly take him for cheap.

I still dont get it, when do players get bought out? Can we still pick up murphy, pryzbilla, or w.e (if we buy out carter/balkman) lets say in the next couple of days?

everybody on 2k ranked matches is using the knicks lol..i saw gamer tags like wade2lebron but they using nyk...sad day when heat fans seem to be converting.

Kay basically calling out Isola on air. good.

dude has nothing to back up his claims on Isiah.

Who's Jerome Jordan? I don't like the name Jerome associated with the Knicks. Well, except the Junkyard Dog.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

U guys think we can beat Boston now? After all the trades they made?
Nope. They still have size with Nenad and they got more offense with Green. They didn't give up much but a powerful defensive presence.
But the whole team plays defense well + improved offense. They may actually be better after the trade
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

U guys think we can beat Boston now? After all the trades they made?
No chance.

I was just thinking how big this upcoming draft is for us since we aren't going to have a 2012 pick, we really need to pick up a guy who will be able to make a difference for us.  It's a weak draft at the top but I think you can find some solid players... We'll be picking mid-first with our own draft pick since we finished with a better pick than Houston.  Some guys I think could be helpful for us and could be around at that point:

Marcus Morris
Brandon Knight
Tristan Thompson
Kemba
Chris Singleton
Kawhi Leonard
Lucas Nougiera
Kenny Faired

Need to hit a homerun on this pick

I'm 18, I just found this song, and I think it's cool. Can you older folks please tell why that era was great in your own words? Cause I'd love to have that type of experience w/ Statt and Melo.
I think a new era has begun. 
pimp.gif

Stat probably still can't abuse KG in the paint. Maybe only with his crazy jumper which is dam near automatic...

But seriously shaq/kristic will be guarding Ronny Turiaf. A man of no offensive talents.

I think we can compete with boston in almost every department aside from down low. Shaq playing against our non existent front line will have a field day.
I really wish we picked up a C
30t6p3b.gif

So you were 3 when that go NY song came out??? Damn.

I can remember that back then 

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Stat probably still can't abuse KG in the paint. Maybe only with his crazy jumper which is dam near automatic...

But seriously shaq/kristic will be guarding Ronny Turiaf. A man of no offensive talents.

I think we can compete with boston in almost every department aside from down low. Shaq playing against our non existent front line will have a field day.
I really wish we picked up a C
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
We don't got no bigs, but Shaq ain't having a Field day with nobody ever again.

With the NBA trade deadline passed, the Rockets have agreed to a buy out former Knicks forward Jared Jeffries, according to two sources.

The sides were working on the arrangement. Jeffries' contract expires after this season.

The Knicks , desperate for a big man after the Carmelo Anthony trade cost them 7-1 Timofey Mozgov, see 6-11 Jeffries as an option. Mike D'Antoni said he thought Jeffries fit in as the perfect defensive glue-guy last season.

Jeffries was traded by the Knicks at last year's deadline to open up more salary-cap space in the Tracy McGrady deal. Jeffries fell out of the rotation in Houston this season.

The Knicks made no more trades and are waiting to scour the waiver wire to see which big men pop up. It's a long shot Marcus Camby will be bought out by Portland. One NBA source said center Earl Barron is "their ace in the hole.''

The Knicks will have to cut a player to make room for Jeffries or Barron; that likely would be Renaldo Balkman, who is in his second stint with the Knicks after the 'Melo trade.

"A big man, yeah, we'll see if there's a big man out there, which is hard because people who have good big men don't trade them,'' Knicks president Donnie Walsh said.

Jeffries and David Lee were the Knicks starting forwards last season.

I'd still like to add Barron even if this happens. jared has height and length, but isn't really a presence inside. IIRC a lot of the time he was guarding perimeter players here and just kind of playing a 'center field' role in our zone D.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I'm 18, I just found this song, and I think it's cool. Can you older folks please tell why that era was great in your own words? Cause I'd love to have that type of experience w/ Statt and Melo.
I think a new era has begun.�
pimp.gif
That era was crazy. A lot more physical than it is now. Black kicks and bald heads for the playoffs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AI3xis

Kay basically calling out Isola on air. good.

dude has nothing to back up his claims on Isiah.

didn't hear it but mad funny this happened. last night before the teams came out to warm up Breen grabbed Isola and it looked like he was chewing him out, not sure if anyone who got to the game early saw this. my seats r near the corner where press row is, you could see Breen getting hot and at one point he mouthed "why would you say that" to Isola. Kay came over to say hi to the 2 and it was clear Isola wasn't happy Kay was hearing this. Kay actually walked away without saying a word to either dude, Breen was hot you could tell. Went home after the game and checked Isola's twitter from after the introductory press conference. Guessing Breen / the MSG hierarchy wasn't happy and either Breen did it on his own or someone told Breen to say something to Isola.

MSG politics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
All I know is those all white warm-ups need to come back.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
All I know is those all white warm-ups need to come back.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom