**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

And they put Penny in there?
grin.gif

Anyway, what other moves this season would you like to see the team make?

Someone mentioned Jared a few replies ago. He was going to be an integral piece to our team, but the contract didn't work. Rumor is he's likely to be bought out. So, Jeffries & Barron? Mason & Carter get the axe?

Those two would make a WORLD of difference right now. I like Battier too.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Why the $@+$ is Big L in that pic? He lived in NY all his life and never been a fan of the Knicks.

I remember that line, was always SMHin when I heard that. What the F is Aaliyah, Penny and Marcus Camby doing in that pic?

Earl Barron should be super cheap, same as Jeffries. I would like that jeffries pick up..

Now with Murphy, would he be worth it ?

mannnnnnnnn i don't know what to do with my 2K11 Knicks franchise 
anyways, looking foward to tonight...tempted to buy tickets of stubhub

i met galo last week, good dude, sad to see him, felton nd mozgov go...im kinda happy chandler got traded since he'll get a nice contract over the offseason, he deserves it

DENVER -- Wilson Chandler just got to Denver and he already wants to stay.

That's easy to say now. Still, it has to be comforting news for Nuggets fans.

"I'm pretty sure I'll like it,'' Chandler, one of five players acquired Tuesday by the Nuggets in a blockbuster trade in which they gave up Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups, said of being a restricted free agent this summer. "What the future holds, hopefully I'll come back next year.''

Chandler was acquired from the Knicks in a three-team deal along with forward Danilo Gallinari, guard Raymond Felton and center Timofey Mozgov. All arrived midway through Denver's 120-107 win Tuesday night over Memphis at the Pepsi Center and got a good ovation from the crowd.

The Nuggets also picked up center Kosta Koufos from Minnesota, and he will arrive Wednesday. The Nuggets have pushed practice back a few hours in anticipation of having all their new players.

In the meantime, all must get used to their new surroundings.

"I feel great (to be traded to the Nuggets). ... I know the high in Denver right now,'' Mozgov, who speaks limited English, said, apparently referring to the city's altitude.

But nobody, apparently, has a serious case of altitude sickness. Felton said all four players from New York have passed their physicals.

With Koufos expected to pass his Wednesday, all the players should be eligible to play Thursday against Boston. Barring any unforeseen problems, all the players who went from Denver to New York, with Shelden WilliamsRenaldo Balkman and Anthony Carter joining Anthony and Billups, should be eligible to play for the Knicks at home Wednesday against Milwaukee.

A source close to the situation said the Nuggets won't make another deal by Thursday's trade deadline unless there's something that knocks the team's "socks off.'' The source doesn't expect J.R. Smith to be traded, and that the Nuggets want to re-sign him. That echoes what Smith and Denver executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri previously has said.

"I'm pretty sure I'll like it. What the future holds, hopefully I'll come back next year.''
-- Wilson Chandler on arriving in denverNuggets coach George Karl said Ty Lawson will be Denver's starting point guard for at least the next week or two while Felton will come off the bench. Felton, despite being an All-Star candidate with averages of 17.1 points and 9.0 rebounds, said that's OK with him.

"I've got no problem with that,'' Felton said. "I'm here to play basketball. I'm a great teammate. I figure I'm going to be playing... It's not all about starting.''

Felton didn't mind escaping from all the trade talk that has been going on in New York, as well as Denver, since last summer.

"I'm just glad it's all over with,'' Felton said. "Now, we can go back to playing basketball. ... (The trade talk) was very distracting. We just wanted to play basketball. We didn't want to deal with all the craziness. It was crazy, and it was getting out of hand. So I'm glad it got done.''

Karl anticipates Gallinari will be the only one of Denver's new players to immediately start. He is expected to replace Anthony, a four-time All-Star, at small forward, but claims there is no pressure on him.

"Not really,'' Gallinari said. "That's a team sport. So everybody has to do their job and everybody has their responsibility.''

With Gallinari starting, Karl said Chandler likely will be the sixth man. He has no problem with that.

"That's fine with me if I come off the bench,'' Chandler said. "That's cool. I have no problem with it.''

Chandler was saying all the right things Tuesday, including wanting to re-sign this summer with the Nuggets.

New Nuggets Arrive in Denver, Glad to be Moving On

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...anhousenewnuggetsarriveinde.DTL#ixzz1En5HkxcH

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...anhousenewnuggetsarriveinde.DTL#ixzz1En5HkxcH

Looks like the Nuggets are my new Western Conference team.

pimp.gif
 Mike D on B&C.
A lot of what he said was obvious, but basically they really wanted to keep 1 or 2 of Mozgov and Gallo, but couldn't.

"If you would've told me in June that Mozgov and Landry Fields and Gallo...we'd have to give up two of them to get Melo...it's almost laughable, you know." --Mike D

"This will be as big a game, arguable since Patrick Ewing was a Knick." --Carton

Back
Top Bottom