**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I will be trying to cop Knicks vs. Nets game in April now that NJ upgraded their PG
nerd.gif

*puts on panic helmet*

...the Nets can compete now.

They can steal players from us, because Brooklyn is sooner than later, there's no Dolan here, and they got the cap space to pay them.

And even worse, they got him for pennies... ~our first offer for Melo.

Nets don't worry me at all.

Favors had far more value than anyone we had. they were going to be able to move him for something if they truly wanted to.

I'll wait to first see if the deal goes through and secondly, see if Deron really wants to stay there. Cause playing out this year with only Brook Lopez next to you will not make you jump at an extension.

I rather have Deron than Melo, depending on who we had to give up to get him of course.

Doubtful we could have gotten him though, Favors was worth more than our guys, plus two of the Nets picks and it might be their pick this year and next year's GSW, we couldn't have offered that.

Technically Deron can't sign an extension yet, so we're not officially out of the running for him
laugh.gif

Proph loves his thread titles

the nets are trying so hard to be competitive. what do you guys think this means? i dont think he's resigning in NJ though for real

I saw the title and was like '@%$% Yeah.'

Gonna be rough convincing players to take less money to play here, with that n_ across the street.

I have to say I'm pretty bitter about this...  Not just the fact that Williams is easily better and a better fit than Melo, but also because our leverage in the Melo trade would have been HUGE if we were trying to play Utah and Denver off each other.  Instead the Knicks gave up the entire team in a bad trade for Melo (when a better player was available for less) and then watch the Nets trade basically not much (Harris and picks in a weak draft really?  vs. four young, very talented rotation players, one who was almost an allstar this year—Felton—and another who is a borderline future allstar—Gallo, another who is a legit 7 footer).  Walsh or Dolan or whoever got horribly, horribly played here

I jokingly said lets look into Deron after Melo was contemplating signing the NJ extension not thinking Utah is even shopping him...now he gets traded to the Nets for a lesser package than they offered for Melo. Which makes me wonder why we didn't look into Deron and what kind of package it would take from us to get him. Might have not had to lose one of Chandler/Gallo and even Moz.

I'm completely happy with Melo being a Knickerbocker but it does make you wonder...

^ It really got me thinking, Isiah is just one of the worst negotiators in basketball. He could talk a suicide jumper into letting him jump with them.

If Deron was that available, I don't get how we couldn't have used that as leverage to drive the cost down on Melo. I mean, we couldn't have told Melo, alright...keep playing games and we'll make our deal with Utah?
tired.gif

I guess, I'm mostly just tight that this was all the Knicks' day...and now...just another thing to $%!*$ about I guess.
laugh.gif

NETS ROSTER RIGHT NOW
DERON WILLIAMS
2     Jordan Farmar     G    
26     Stephen Graham        
43     Kris Humphries    
10     Damion James     F    
11     Brook Lopez - C    
22     Anthony Morrow    
7     Troy Murphy    
21     Travis Outlaw    
27     Johan Petro    
13     Quinton Ross    
18     Ben Uzoh    
20     Sasha Vujacic

trash_2.jpg

CP3

http://twitter.com/#!/Oneandonlycp3

Knicks roster—what could have been?
Williams

Fields

Gallo

Stoudemire

Turiaf

(Carmelo as free-agent?)

Isola speculates Knicks could have got williams without trading gallo.

I'm still happy we got Melo. No one knew Utah were willing to deal Williams after what happened with Jerry Sloan. I doubt he'll sign an extension with the Nets anyway so we still got a chance to get him

Williams is a career failure if he re signs with NJ.. Nets did just open their market up.. but cmon, that team has absolutely nobody......

Back
Top Bottom