**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

If Camby was to miraculously pull a trade for Camby he would be hype to play in NY again. He's always expressed how much he likes New York.

also...
Azubuike's role
11:21AM ET
Kelenna Azubuike | Knicks

UPDATE: According to Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD, a "source says that Azubuike is doing well, and will make his Knicks debut 'very soon.'"

"Azubuike had been hoping to work his way into the rotation after the All-Star break, and his target date is now looking realistic," he added.

With Gallinari and Wilson Chandler now members of the Nuggets along with less depth due to the Anthony trade, Azubuike could potentially factor into the rotation in the backcourt or on the wing going forward.

Though counting on him to immediately contribute may be wishful thinking since he's coming off a long-standing injury.

---

Kelenna Azubuike has missed the entire 2010-11 season so far as he recovers from patellar-tendon surgery, and there still doesn't appear to be a firm timetable for his return.

But according to Adam Zagoria, coach Mike D'Anotoni indicated last Tuesday: "He's getting closer, that's for sure."

Once thought of a possible starter at shooting guard for the Knicks over the summer, it's possible Azubuike may be able to grab some decent reserve minutes behind Landry Fields if he's able to go somewhat soon -- especially if assets such as Fields or Danilo Gallinari get shipped out in a Carmelo Anthony trade.

Yet, as we've noted previously, Azubuike's expiring contract could also be used in a potential Anthony trade deal.

-- Ryan Corazza

I'm tight we haven't seen ANY of Buike this year, but I think he can play a nice role for us.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It's starting
indifferent.gif

Bandwagon's full guys.

yeah this guy i work with from harlem is a spurs fan now he saying if the spur dont get it 2gether in the next few years he coming back to the knicks SMH.... the spurs do have the best record right?

Don't even got Buike on my mind. Not optimistic about him playing this season at all. I been highly disappointed in just waiting for dude to be healthy. Like when I see Eddy Curry on the bench all the time except I don't hate Buike.

Yall should check facebook to see the bandwagon overload.

[h2]Knicks trying to get Camby in Melo deal[/h2]
Posted on: February 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Score: 172

Log-in to rate:

• http://sports.cbsimg.net/...mmunity/star_small.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; position: relative; width: 50px; height: 10px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 10px; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
  • Log-in to rate:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- One of the notable holes in the Knicks' roster that will persist after the Carmelo Anthonytrade is a capable, defensive-minded center. The Knicks tried to fill that hole with efforts to draw Portland into the deal as the fourth team and bring Marcus Camby back to New York, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com. 

It wasn't clear what pieces the Knicks would've sent to the Trail Blazers in such a scenario, but both sources said Tuesday afternoon that New York's efforts to get Camby appeared to have failed. 

"Looks like a no-go," said one of the sources. 

The Blazers are actively shopping Camby, Joel Przybilla and Andre Miller and are very likely to make at least one deal before Thursday's trade deadline. Given the uncertain futures of Brandon Roy and Greg Oden, Portland general manager Rich Cho is trying to flip the expiring contract of Przybilla and the essentially expiring deal of Miller (whose contract is fully non-guaranteed next season) for draft picks and younger players. 

There was still a chance that the three-team trade sending Anthony and Chauncey Billups to the Knicks could evolve Tuesday. As of 5 p.m. ET, the teams still had not begun the conference call wiht league officials to approve the trade. 

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27611652

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Al3xis

that's not anywhere else..Berman wrote an article today saying Walsh went home to Indiana for the All Star break and that MIGHT be a sign.

there's nothing out there yet in regards to Donnie one way or another.

again with the threa
d titles..
laugh.gif
. going to scare some people.
I'm saying...
laugh.gif

Proph keeps this up and he might not be re-elected to make next year's season thread... or perhaps a lockout thread instead
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my bad

new thread title

Originally Posted by arrjae2

where did you guys see that melo will wear 13?
i saw that hes wearing 7....

EDIT:
this is pretty weird....
i looked at the 'official fan list' on pg 1,
and NTer 'MeloMVP' is number 7 on the list....
eek.gif
wow, that's crazy
laugh.gif
i'm the prophet for real

I'd love ot have Camby back but his durability is a huge concern. Especially going into the latter part of the season and the grind it out mode of the playoffs.

Buike had a ratchet on GS and was a solid defender and a stand up guy. I hope he returns to give his different looks at the G/F positions but I think Walker will benefit the most of this. He has the best offense/defense game and is more than just a 3 point shooter.

Here come's the haters

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Granger on Melo to NY and possibility of CP3 or Deron going there, 2: "I don’t think it’s good for the league. Teaming up, it’s not good."
29 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Camby might still be a Knick soon fellas.

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Knicks actively trying to acquire Portland center Marcus Camby, but source said Blazers are weighing more attractive options.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

I got plenty of NY pride my friend.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

::cough cough::
wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif
just trying to get Pr0ph's attention

Oh, well if he notices the attempt, I would like to request fan #212.
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

And Sheldon Williams should start IMO. Let that man go out there and do the dirty work. He should be able to rebound well working with Amare. Turiaf strengthens the bench with that move as well.

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

And Sheldon Williams should start IMO. Let that man go out there and do the dirty work. He should be able to rebound well working with Amare. Turiaf strengthens the bench with that move as well.

well i thought you were seriously dead (according to nt'ers)
nerd.gif
frown.gif
  you got your number
and Los, you been on the list lol 

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

wink.gif

smile.gif
laugh.gif

glasses.gif

wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

well i thought you were seriously dead (according to nt'ers)
nerd.gif
frown.gif
  you got your number
and Los, you been on the list lol 

laugh.gif
Dudes is bugged out around here...

I was locked up most of last year though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Didn't Camby say he would retire if he got traded again?
I believe returning to NY was one his exceptions.

but i have no idea what we have to offer right now.

wait, what would shawne williams and sheldon williams' jersey's say on the back?

Usually, if 2 players have the same last name, they put the first initial...
laugh.gif

so Would it be S.Williams 1, S.Williams 2?

Originally Posted by throwback1718

wait, what would shawne williams and sheldon williams' jersey's say on the back?

Usually, if 2 players have the same last name, they put the first initial...
laugh.gif

so Would it be S.Williams 1, S.Williams 2?

Sha. Williams,  She. Williams?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom