**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I'd be willing for a different coach but not at this point in time. As much as I don't like him.....D'Antoni does deserve a chance with a legitimate roster. We still have a lot of weak points on this team...let's see what he can do with a actual roster first. This team overachieved early in the season. We didn't expect to play that well, most of us had this team pegged for 38 wins. His rotations are weird, but honestly, we don't have much. Ronny Turiaf, with all his passion, should not be your first big off the bench. Douglas is not a back-up PG. Landry Fields is our second best rebounder. Yet we are the 6th seed in the East.

I know we all harp on him about his lack of focus on defense.... but let's be honest, most of these guys just aren't good defenders. You can't play defense when the majority of your roster just isn't wired/built for that. If we can acquire role players who can fulfill D'Antoni's demands on offense, and are able to check their man defensively, we'll be a legitimate team. We can make a real assessment from there on.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

You guys are so damn impulsive. You haven't even given D'Antoni a FULL SEASON with a quality cast who are in there first season together, Jesus Christ.

i've seen all i need to see with antoni all those years he was in phoenix.  he'll get a team to the playoffs and get them to play good when given a decent team but they'll only go so far because of his lack of emphasis on defense.  the knicks should keep mike antoni for now until a better option becomes available.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Would ya rather trade AR for Pryzbilla or Telfair and draft pick? And is POR offering a pick w/ Pryzbilla ?

- I think we need to trade Turiaf, hes too injury prone and has a $4M player option next season..
I'd love Pryzbilla on this team as a starter and Moz backing him up but if using AR to get Melo in that 3 team deal is still possible I'd want that more. Besides that I think we should keep pushing the issue to get Brooks from Hou no matter the rumors. If he's available that's the pg at the top of my list to be our backup/maybe starter.

They'll just say they need a coach to teach them defense ignoring that if you've already spent 5+ seasons in the L you're not gonna become that much better of s defender.

I still laugh that Amar'e said that in regards to him not playing defense well.

i'm pretty sure most of us would prefer a two way player, but none are exactly gift wrapping themselves to the knicks. either way it's about team defense, not a single player.

melo does quite well head to head against lebron and wade. i'll take that.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm pretty sure most of us would prefer a two way player, but none are exactly gift wrapping themselves to the knicks. either way it's about team defense, not a single player.

melo does quite well head to head against lebron and wade. i'll take that.
Unless you have a good team, doing well "head to head" doesn't matter. We were obviously good enough to beat the Heat once without Melo.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Would ya rather trade AR for Pryzbilla or Telfair and draft pick? And is POR offering a pick w/ Pryzbilla ?

- I think we need to trade Turiaf, hes too injury prone and has a $4M player option next season..
I'd love Pryzbilla on this team as a starter and Moz backing him up but if using AR to get Melo in that 3 team deal is still possible I'd want that more. Besides that I think we should keep pushing the issue to get Brooks from Hou no matter the rumors. If he's available that's the pg at the top of my list to be our backup/maybe starter.

Stop. Mozgod is our future Center. He should never go back to bench.

I am not with a lot of dudes in here, saying Pringles should be fired. I think he's done will overall, besides the gripes I already mentioned. But if he ever decides to send Moz to the bench again...

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

stephen a smith talking mad %$#% about walsh showing up to meet lebron in a sheel chair and all this other mess. i'm convinced he's a mouth piece for isiah thomas. dude is a prick

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos

i've seen all i need to see with antoni all those years he was in phoenix. he'll get a team to the playoffs and get them to play good when given a decent team but they'll only go so far because of his lack of emphasis on defense. the knicks should keep mike antoni for now until a better option becomes available.

Throwing aside whether you think Pringles should be fired or not, this right here alone is everything that is wrong with him being our coach. I know you can say well than we never should have brought him in, but once you see certain patterns that repeat with no corrections, I think it's fair for people to voice whether they think he should even be the coach going forward once the season is over. 
I do believe that he should be given time to work with the current group, especially if we get Melo, but giving him till the end of the season is plenty of time. It's not even that we have complicated schemes offensively in which we'd have to incorporate Melo (ie. Triangle O) , and we have no concepts defensively for sure
laugh.gif
Basically all Melo would have to do once he gets here is get in SSOL shape. Him grasping the offense shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks. 

I think that saying he needs time with this current group is basically the last ditch defense of Pringles IMO. I mean it's a new group this year, but yet the same lapses in D and problems with the rotation exist, if Pringles was getting a grasp of certain things, you'd wouldn't see Felton with no legs this year because he should have and would have learned from the Duhon situation. Now I'm not making it out like Felton and Duhon are even comparable, but from the stand point of saving his legs, you can't tell me that there's no way Pringles looked at the Duhon situation and said well he just started to play like @%!+ once December hit...EVERYONE here who watched enough games knows his legs went FIRST...like someone said earlier, dude is just too damn stubborn for his own good.

yup he has duhon playing like a stud for half a season and then it went downhill hardcore fast. hope we don't see felton do that.

Originally Posted by DubA169

stephen a smith talking mad %$#% about walsh showing up to meet lebron in a sheel chair and all this other mess. i'm convinced he's a mouth piece for isiah thomas. dude is a prick

always was clown status

Can anyone make any avy in here? Imma need something from that Fields commercial, especially the STAT impersonation.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Stop. Mozgod is our future Center. He should never go back to bench.
I dunno about that yet. For right now I'd take Prybilla over Moz. In the near future when we get better pieces in preparations for final runs Moz would be that weak link. He's still learning and improving. Pryz got a bit more experience and is more of a goon. Aint gonna throw a rookie out there to deal with elite or vet bigs.

a fair assessment of a "good" coach should be be his performance with low to medium level players than great ones. good coaches carry a team with average players while great players carry the team with an average coach.

it should be pretty obvious to people that a player like steve nash did more for d'antoni's career than the other way around

he's had two full seasons and a half and hasn't paid dividends equal to what he's been billed as, which is a "better than average" coach

*@%+ that guy

i wouldnt take Pryz over Mozgov at this point. The blazers had center problems for years now, and he cant play consistent significant minutes. He's good dont get me wrong, but at this point i rather just build on mozgov.

th nuggets need to stop being on national television. got me salivating over the possibilities

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Yo deadass Chandler, Gallo, AR, fields for Carmelo and afflalo right now!
I literally tuned into the Nuggets game as Afflalo was pulling up for that game winning jumper..Dude scored 19 in the 4th..I would be more than happy to see him on this squad, plus he's a decent defender

Back
Top Bottom