**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Melo is ballinggg...then again when is he not but he is ballinggg
smokin.gif

Like on some real $% we are 26-25 who the hell are we to be holding on to okay players? I would honestly miss fields more than the others but having melo and afflalo > all of them.

They wouldn't give up Afflalo, not even if we include all our "assets"

Makes no sense for Denver to do so.

Melo has been acting up.
laugh.gif
Dude probably feeling like, this is what's being offered for me ?

We gotta get a deal done. Simple as that.

laugh.gif
melo prolly like "uhh hellooo this is your last chance guys... this is what you will be missing out on if you don't make a move..."

now we as knick fans are getting nervous, exactly the way denver wants us all to get. A few weeks back we were all saying if we don't make a move by the deadline, its all good... We will get him in the offseason and keep just about all of our guys.
Now the deadline is really approaching and we feeling the pressure.... I got a feeling if a deal is done, it will be between the ASG weekend and the deadline.

donnie isn't dumb if he gave up 2/3 today then tomorrow they ask for 3/3 then 2 days later they ask us to take back harrington, then 3 days later they ask for mozgov.

i personally think he's just he's waiting it out, we have less than 14 days left to negotiate. none of us know if the knicks and nuggets are really having serious talks.

oh and affalo is a better version of landry fields. he's what fields can become. he isn't going anywhere and it makes me think that's the only reason that we can keep fields.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Melo has been acting up.
laugh.gif

Dude has been going off.

Any way you can PM me how you created the border and the tag on your .gif?

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Do the Nuggets want Felton?[/h3]
9:35AM ET

[h5]Raymond Felton | Knicks [/h5]

According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, there are rumors that Denver wants Raymond Felton to be part of the package the Nuggets would get for Carmelo Anthony from the Knicks. The Nuggets, as a way to reduce their payroll and luxury tax obligation, would also ship Chauncey Billups to New York.

Billups can be bought out for $3.7 million shortly after his team's season is completed, which will save a lot of money. He will earn $14.2 million for 2011-12 if his team doesn't release him by that time-frame.

Berman spoke with Andy Miller, Billups' agent, on Thursday and Miller wasn't sure if his client would be okay coming to New York because they have not discussed the possibility.

-- Nick Borges

I'd do this knowing Chauncey wants a buyout.

Seems with Sloan out those Deron rumors starting already.

Trading Felton for Billups would probably allow us to keep Fields and/or Gallo...Chandler, Felton, and Bill Walker/ Williams to the Nuggets for Melo/Billups would work well for both sides..The Nuggets are obviously losing some in the talent department but financially it would work

The financial gain on that deal is what would appeal most to the Nuggets IMO. Hopefully Felton would allow us to spare Gallo and/or Landry

Felton been playin bad.. but I still think he's right under the top 7-9 top PGs in the L..
We don't have a backup to play for him, the only possible backup is Douglas but coach love playing them together

I'd do it. I remember in the early part of the season, people in here, as well as some NY beat writers were questioning whether the Knicks should ink Felton to a longer contract
laugh.gif
. However, we'd be left with no PG as Billups doesn't wanna be anywhere else.

Do you think going after one of the 2 soon to be FA PGs is part of Donnie's plan? If so, you take this chance to keep guys like Fields & Gallo.

If anything develops from this, this business becomes extremely cutthroat.

Originally Posted by youngin33

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Melo has been acting up.
laugh.gif

Dude has been going off.

Any way you can PM me how you created the border and the tag on your .gif?

I didn't make the gif. Another NTer did it for me. TheGift or something like that. I got lucky, he made a random post saying first 15 to reply gets an avy.
laugh.gif

I been wanted to upgrade myself. Need a new highlight. Hopefully we get one tonight against the Lakers.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

laugh.gif
melo prolly like "uhh hellooo this is your last chance guys... this is what you will be missing out on if you don't make a move..."

now we as knick fans are getting nervous, exactly the way denver wants us all to get. A few weeks back we were all saying if we don't make a move by the deadline, its all good... We will get him in the offseason and keep just about all of our guys.
Now the deadline is really approaching and we feeling the pressure.... I got a feeling if a deal is done, it will be between the ASG weekend and the deadline.

I agree a lot of dudes BEEN on panic mode though. As for me, I'm just coming down from the early season high from all the success and great play of Fields and Chandler. I was one of the guys who said we should just stand pat and let the season play out, but coincidentally the NBA has had Melo on T.V. so much recently, it's like they dangling dude in our faces.
laugh.gif

He then proceeds to drop 50, 40 and 30+. Dude averaging 32+ since the rumors.
30t6p3b.gif
He on his Wade "T-Mobile" commercial right now. "Get me outta here!" with out saying it.

Also, I been watching his personality a little closer through all this, and seeing how well he has handled the media and how well he's handled the questions, and continues to produce.

After the Warriors game, when he didn't get the ball, he expressed him self on the court by throwing his headband, obviously upset. But in the locker room he didn't choose to go at anybody during the post-game interviews and give the media anymore "sources". Last night, they showed when George Karl took him out and he expressed being mad. This is a dude that will most likely be traded from this team, but still wants to be out there balling. Still wants to compete and still wants to help his team win. He fouled out on a great defensive play IMO on Dirk (I don't think he fouled him). Went to the bench and was mad, but as soon as Afflalo hit the shot, dude was juumping up and down and probably the most excited player on the court.

Post-game interview with Cheryl, just knocked it out the park for me. 42 points, and all he had to say after that was "It's outta my hands right now, but as long as I'm in a Denver Nuggets uniform, THIS is the performance you going to get from me. If my son ain't kill it with that...
30t6p3b.gif

At the end of the day, I see that dude is a Top 5 Superstar in the L. And those aren't always available. And we ain't had one who has openly expressed the desire to play in New York. He wants the big stage, the bright lights, and he knows that teaming up with Amare and possibly getting CP or another piece or two here and there and we in the mix. How do we not extend our hand?

We HAVE to make a trade for him, because if he starts to feel under appreciated and the Nuggets continue to win, then the reports of him saying he will think about re-signing will get stronger. And don't let the Nuggets realize that as a team they have the best chance THIS year to win it all, with the Lakers not playing "Laker" type ball. If they realize this in time and get in a flow and make a deep run in the playoffs, then I feel like Melo will REALLy consider signing, being that he can get the most money if he signs an extension.

Originally Posted by DubA169

donnie isn't dumb if he gave up 2/3 today then tomorrow they ask for 3/3 then 2 days later they ask us to take back harrington, then 3 days later they ask for mozgov.

i personally think he's just he's waiting it out, we have less than 14 days left to negotiate. none of us know if the knicks and nuggets are really having serious talks.

oh and affalo is a better version of landry fields. he's what fields can become. he isn't going anywhere and it makes me think that's the only reason that we can keep fields.

Agreed as well, but I hope we don't wait long enough for the Nuggets team to realize that "hey, maybe we can actually win it this year."

[h3][/h3]
[h3]'Antoni Wants Fans To Stop Chanting For Carmelo[/h3]
Feb 10, 2011 18:08 PM EST

DAntoni_Mike_nyk_091220.jpg

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni wants fans in New York to stop chanting for Carmelo Anthony.

He said the Madison Square Garden crowd's chants of "We Want Me-Lo" on Wednesday night had a negative impact on some the Knicks during their loss to the Clippers.

"It's not good. There's no doubt about it," D'Antoni said. "It affects some of the players without a doubt."

Knicks fans started the "We Want Me-Lo" chant with about six minutes to play in the third quarter of the Knicks' 116-108 loss to the Clippers on Wednesday.

D'Antoni said on Thursday that he has a "fear" that all of the speculation has become a distraction for his players.

"I hate it for them," the coach said. "Because you're banged up and hurting and trying to push through certain things. Psychologically, it's not the best thing at times."

Chandler ?

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Teammate: Kobe May Leave For Italy If He Doesn't Like New CBA[/h3]
Feb 11, 2011 07:07 AM EST

Bryant_Kobe_lal_091216a.jpg

According to one of his teammates, Kobe Bryant recently threatened, "I'll play in Europe" when they were discussing the potential of an NBA lockout this summer and the ramifications of a new collective bargaining agreement.

"Kobe understands what the players before him did and he feels a responsibility to do the same to the younger guys," said the teammate, who did not want to be identified.

The idea of Kobe finishing his career overseas has some players intrigued.

"If he goes to play in Italy I will go with him," joked Danilo Gallinari, New York's Italian-born forward.

Bryant spent part of his childhood in Italy, where his father, Joe Bryant, played professional basketball.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

MELOO > Those 3
exactly,  ill keep emphasizing   Charles Barkely being traded for Jeff Horancek, Tim Perry, and Andrew Lang and the immediate impact that had on the Suns.

I'm a Laker fan so of course I want the Lakers to win tonight but the Knicks are going to come out hard tonight and possibly be able to get a win getting the Lakers on a back to back after a tough game in Boston.  Aside from the first Miami game the Knicks have been playing the good teams tough at home, and the Garden should be crazy tonight, I went to the 2nd game against Miami when the Knicks won and dudes were going crazy in the building and after the game.

Hes right we should start chanting we want phil jackson instead

Ric bucher said the nuggets want chandler, fields, moz, gallo, and picks. These guys are funny

You guys make it sound as if the nuggets told walsh give us those 3 and we have a deal. There has been no report saying that happened. They will keep trying to add deal to the deal just like when they dealt with the nets

Ric bucher said the nuggets want chandler, fields, moz, gallo, and picks. These guys are funny

Nuggets GM can get on his knees

If Ric bucher said the nuggets want chandler, felton, gallo, hamburgers, and randolph for melo and billups they would be smart.

*fixed*

We got a deal

Back
Top Bottom