**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

i think we would take birdman's contract if we have to take anything back. it will be a compromise of sorts, because from what i understand his contract is also bad. but he fills a need for us

i honestly don't think donnie thinks about forming a big 3

laugh.gif
 @ the Rockets for pulling the plug on the Aaaron Brooks Era so quick.  He'd definitely embrace the system here. 

so the nuggets are supposedly talking to the lakers now, huh?? foh.
probably a ploy to get the knicks to give more in the deal.

they just want the knicks to throw in more. they don't save any money in a lakers deal. also bynum can barley stay on the court, you can't build around him.

i also kind of doubt the nuggets would hand him to the two time champs in their own conference. they don't wanna see him 4 times a year.

yeah thats sounding like a marketing ploy like when dudes in the hood tryna sell u a stolen ipod on some "yo i got 2 dudes wanting to buy this ipod but if u throw in a extra 10$ ill give it to u" type joint
laugh.gif

[h3]Lakers Shoot Down Bynum For Anthony Trade Report[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 13:20 PM EST

Bynum_Andrew_lal_090525.jpg

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

The next 3 weeks will be interesting/frustrating/annoying

Sources say that Jim Buss recently rejected a Bynum for Carmelo deal, much to the dismay of Kobe and Phil

frank isola just said this... dont know how true this is... and also chandler ankle is a deciding factor in the nuggets taking him

Andrew Bynum is Jim Buss' draft pick. He led the charge to draft AB.

But Kobe Bryant is on his last legs. 'Melo is a name that can generate interest amongst the label shopper's town that is L.A.

Melo would be a great pickup for L.A, when Kobe retires in the next few years.

Keep the L.A reign goin on.. but O well

Dolan enters himself in the talks and now their is another team in the run.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Stay out of the Basketball Operations you idiot.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Rockets Reject New York's Trade Inquiry On Brooks[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 04:43 AM EST

Brooks_Aaron_hou_091117.jpg

The Knicks have made an inquiry into Rockets point guard Aaron Brooks, who was recently suspended for one game.

Houston, who completed a major trade with the Knicks last February, have no interest in trading Brooks to New York.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Warkentien Considers Himself 'Consigliere' To Walsh's 'Godfather'[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 05:00 AM EST

Warkentein_Mark_den_070110.jpg

Mark Warkentien talked excitedly about his opportunity with the Knicks, but avoided entering the controversy between Donnie Walsh and owner Jim Dolan.

"I have no idea, other than I dealt with Donnie," Warkentien said. "I wouldn't know how much he had to deal with Jim or not on it. That's a conversation above my pay grade."

Walsh's contract for the 11-12 season has yet to be picked up.

"You get to work for a guy you always wanted to work with in Donnie Walsh, and then it's Madison Square Garden," Warkentien said. "I'm 57, and is there anyone in our age group who doesn't want to be a part of the Garden? It's the mecca, and it's New York. It's like, 'Wow.'"

Warkentien has intimate knowledge of Denver's front office and is represented by the same agency as Carmelo Anthony.

"Donnie and I have been talking about working together in New York for a long time," he said. "It's not like this was a new conversation. Donnie flew me into New York right around Labor Day, I spent two days there, we talked at great length about it, and it's been gathering momentum since then. Thank goodness it got done.

"If Donnie's the godfather, and he is, I'm a mere consigliere. But I think Donnie and I have real synergy. I have my finger on the pulse of the west big time, and his roots are all eastern."

Like i said, it's not Knick fans who says this, for all the lurkers
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Dolan Calls Kroenke To Discuss Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 05:57 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_090525.jpg

Knicks owner James Dolan is taking a more active role in the team's pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, calling Denver owner Stan Kroenke directly.

"And I would also think that at this point everyone is looking to take credit if Carmelo comes to New York," said one Knicks source.

Dolan's involvement also suggests that former Knicks president Isiah Thomas is likely advising him. Thomas told Dolan in August that he had received assurances from Anthony's camp that he only wanted to play for the Knicks.

Dolan has largely been a hands-off owner, but he did tell Donnie Walsh not to sign Allen Iverson in the summer of 2009.

Walsh's opinion on Dolan's involvement is unknown, but he could possibly be in favor of the owner trying to make a deal happen.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers, Nuggets Talking Carmelo Trade[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 12:18 PM EST

The Nuggets and Lakers have had preliminary trade talks centered around a deal of Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and has faint interest in Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A straight-up trade of Bynum for Anthony would work in terms of salary, but other pieces would likely be included.

Talks are in their infancy and Denver remains engaged with the Knicks and Wolves on a three-way deal.

The Lakers, speaking to the Los Angeles Times, refuted the report.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Shoot Down Bynum For Anthony Trade Report[/h3]
Feb 08, 2011 13:20 PM EST

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nicks_chances_of_trading_for_nuggets_car.html
"I'd like to stay," (Wilson) Chandler said on Sunday, following the Knicks' win over Philadelphia. "I like the city. I like being here. I like being part of this team. Even with the trade talk, I should be able to focus. I'll put it out of my mind. That's what I will try to do, even if my name is out there." New York Daily News

The theory that Chandler, the 6-8, fourth-year forward, is using his ankle injury as a way to undermine trade negotiations with Denver wouldn't be accurate since Chandler won't even acknowledge that he is hurting. Last season, Chandler continued playing despite suffering from a severe groin injury that eventually required surgery in May. Moreover, if Chandler is or isn't traded, his main goal is to stay healthy as he heads into free agency. New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nicks_chances_of_trading_for_nuggets_car.html

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
Jim Dolan can only make things worse
30t6p3b.gif
As much as i hate Dolan i actually think the opposite. If anything he's pushing for us to get Melo the most.

2 Celtics though.

Hasn't leading the L in 3pt FG % got you an automatic invite in the past ? (real question)

Isn't there a rule that players on the same team can't be in the 3pt contest together? Of course the NBA would bend the rules for the Celtics.

^ i thought the same thing... but i guess they feel the need to add ray because of his career year and paul pierce since hes the champion

Back
Top Bottom