**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by viiheaven
Come on.
laugh.gif

I respect what you said though.
laugh.gif
I know shouldn't judge since I missed the second half of the game but I remember this one series where he missed a dunk or a lay-up. Then another where he got the offensive rebound TWICE and missed a point-blank layup/dunk. C'mon, he has to finish plays like that.

Don't let one dunk off an offensive rebound blind the fact he missed three uncontested lay-up dunk opportunities. That's a 1/4 FG shooting.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Also, it's just the Pistons but they are an NBA team with NBA players. Gordan had one of those games where a bad team like Detroit pulls it out because of his performance. We were missing 2 players that are in our rotation. (I know Pistons ain't have Stuckey or Wallace too.) And if you look at the box score we basically played with 6 players last night. This was a big win.

Wallace, Stuckey or not this was a team we're supposed to beat, emphasis on supposed. If we're going to make a push for the 5th spot We have to beat who need to beat especially at home and take care of things on the road. While Moz had a game of his life yesterday I wasn't impressed simply because of who were playing.

Found this from realgm.com.
From Newsday:

* - Danilo Gallinari had another strong game but it went mostly overshadowed by the feel-good story involving Mozgov and the feeling-pain story involving Stoudemire. As he exited his post-game media session, D'Antoni offered the fact that Gallinari played well to anyone who would listen. It was Gallinari's third 20-point effort in his last five games and it's impossible to not notice how aggressive he has been going to the basket and drawing fouls since he returned from the knee sprain suffered on Jan. 2.

The lift he's showing on his drives to the hoop is something new. He is throwing down dunks now -- he posterized rookie Greg Monroe early in the game -- where he used to barely get to the rim. That appears to be the result of weight room work with the team's strength and conditioning coach, Greg Brittenham, as well as some adjustments made to Gallo's stride and tempo when he does put the ball on the floor. The coaching staff noticed he was taking long strides, which make it harder to get a strong push-off, so he was instructed to slow down his movements and keep his steps shorter. That allows him to get more power in his jump, which gets him closer to the rim for better finishes.

"I'm working on a lot of stuff," Gallinari said. "Stuff you don't see in practice that I do in the weight room, it's working out. Me and Greg, we are doing a pretty good job, trying to work on the explosiveness. All the stuff we're doing is working.

they are booing melo every time he touches the ball in jersey

hahahaa also such an empty building

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by viiheaven

What I meant is we shouldn't put too much stock into his statline because of the fact that it was the Detroit Pistons. They're a sub-par team this year.

I loved the Mozgov signing and thought he'd perform really well after he got used to the NBA game. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. It's 1 game that he played extremely well. Hopefully this boosts his confidence and he can continue to perform well.

I just don't want people to think he can perform like this on a nightly basis (it took Amar'e to be questionable, Will being hurt, Turiaf being in foul trouble and Randolph playing like crap for him to even see these kinds of minutes).

Like I said, hopefully it's a stepping stone for him, he gets minutes and performs enough to keep him in the rotation. Especially considering we have a void at the Center position and this is precisely why we signed him. HOWEVER, it was still the Detroit Pistons. If he can perform like this against some middle of the road teams such as the Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks, etc, then we can be optimistic.

I didn't watch the game, but I listened to the first two quarters on the radio. And from the sounds of it, he missed some really easy putbacks and dunks.

But I think he can be a really important player for us, so here's to hoping that he becomes that!
*E-Hug, Hi-Five* Glad to see someone using their logic in the post. You would've thought Moz did all of this against Dwight Howard in game 7 of the ECF

I get what you're saying Mo.  But why go to the D12 extreme?  Is it that illogical to say/think that a rookie center (who has sat on the bench for a better half of the last month and a half) came into the game showing little rust and putting up 23 and 14 in a game that was close throughout until the end of the 3rd should be included in the rotation until he proves that was just a fluke?  Whether he has a bad game on Wednesday or doesn't have one until a couple weeks down the line, last night showed he should get some more minutes.  No one is saying he should be a 25-30 minutes a game but 10-15 isn't asking for too much.  Especially with Turiaf hurt and Amare struggling with knee and ankle pains.  If we lose any of those two for a significant time, we're going to struggle more than we have lately.

The Pistons may not be world killers in the NBA but they were coming off a four game stretch where they beat Phoenix and holding them to 74 points, beating Orlando on the road and losing to Denver and Miami by 10 points combined.

some quick comic relief to the civil war over our russian secret weapon...

mozgov has to be the absolute worst basketball player in the planet at showing on the pick and roll. dude always goes 5 feet out of position with both hands up and sticks out his butt looking like an idiot and picks up a foul every time
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I get what you're saying Mo.  But why go to the D12 extreme?  Is it that illogical to say/think that a rookie center (who has sat on the bench for a better half of the last month and a half) came into the game showing little rust and putting up 23 and 14 in a game that was close throughout until the end of the 3rd should be included in the rotation until he proves that was just a fluke?  Whether he has a bad game on Wednesday or doesn't have one until a couple weeks down the line, last night showed he should get some more minutes.  No one is saying he should be a 25-30 minutes a game but 10-15 isn't asking for too much.  Especially with Turiaf hurt and Amare struggling with knee and ankle pains.  If we lose any of those two for a significant time, we're going to struggle more than we have lately.

The Pistons may not be world killers in the NBA but they were coming off a four game stretch where they beat Phoenix and holding them to 74 points, beating Orlando on the road and losing to Denver and Miami by 10 points combined.
Definitely agree with all that Bobby. I just think people are taking it for more than it really is. There's reason to be optimistic and hopeful, I'm just saying I don't want people to be disappointed when he doesn't put up the same performance the next game.

I really wish we could get Blake Griffen.
laugh.gif
Dude is becoming one of my favorite players. 26 points midway through the 3rd.

I know, I know, it isn't a Knick related post. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Word I thought the knicks were going to retire his #. I was about to say he wasn't THAT great with us
laugh.gif
agreed. i was gonna be like how is this gonna fly under my radar?
roll.gif

im a little suprised at this though, i had thought that H20 rarely even acknowledges himself with the Vols considering that he felt like they played his dad, since he was hired shortly before he was recruited and fired right after

I hate this weather, I have tickets to tommorows game and I dont even know if ill be able to go
30t6p3b.gif

i was never really a fan of black on the knicks logo... im actually excited to see a new knicks jersey with og blue and orange only

Back
Top Bottom