**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Longshot, but maybe this is a turning point for Mozgov.

Amar'e in the 2nd half...
pimp.gif

Gallo with a pretty consistent effort throughout...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And Mozgov with the career night...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Legoooo!

lol at feels good man in russia..

MOZGOD
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and i know this is the knicks thread, but why are pistons such a bad team?

they have good team, nice offense off the bench.. BG
pimp.gif
sometimes i go huh

They cleared cap space and spent it on Gordon and Villanueva.

Didn't even wait for the 2010 Free Agency -_- that's ridiculously stupid

fresh, i used to wondrr that about teams too, but if u go throgh the standings ull notice that every team in the league has some talent. in the modern nba unless u have all-stars or a great defense you're screwed. you also need a player or 2 that are legitimate leaders.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Mozgov should get minutes. We struggle at times because of our lack of height.

I'm not saying he should play big minutes or be a focal point on either end, but his height and those 6 fouls could come in handy here and there.
What about the points he'll give up with lackluster defense or the turnovers?
You didn't watch the game tonight ? I saw nothing but effort on D. He was helping EVERYBODY.
laugh.gif
My son had fatigue off. He contested shots and altered the others. He didn't get any blocks, but he rebounded well, especially on the offensive glass. He hits FT's. He can knock down the 18 footer. His pick and roll action looked decent. And I ain't see him just standing around. If anybody gets the chance to watch the re-run tonight as I like to do sometimes, just try and watch Based Moz. Dude was SUPER active. I liked what I saw.

Of course I'm not calling for dude to get 40 mins a night, but he should be out there. I've watched a lot of practice video on the Knicks site too, and even though they only gonna just show highlights he does some good things. He's trying to catch every put back possible.
laugh.gif
We need him to contribute going foward.

Gallo was piff tonight. Bottom line. He been attacking the basket a lot more since coming back too.

Amare stepped it up big in the 2nd half. Hope his knee doesn't become a lingering injury.

Felton continues to play himself out of the All-Star game.
laugh.gif
But he did come through with big baskets. He was TIGHT at how on fire BG was.
laugh.gif

We need Chandler back ASAP though. Dudes can't be playing this many minutes for too long.

Overall, it was the Pistons and we took advantage in the 4th. Which brings me to the thought of why the heck we can't play defense like the ATL 4th and tonight's 4th ?
30t6p3b.gif

Mozgod getting MVP chants and Mozgov chants at the end were the icing on the cake, but when they interviewed Gallo and Tina mentioned his name, my son Gallo had that WWF swag for a second and waited for the reaction. My son got what it takes. #GalloSwag.

[h3]Knicks-Pistons Notebook[/h3]
[h4] By Adam Zagoria, for NBA.com
Posted Sunday January 30, 2011 10:52PM[/h4]
THE FACTS: Playing his first game since Jan. 9, rookie center Timofey Mozgov put up career-highs of 23 points and 14 rebounds and heard chants of "Moz-gov, Moz-gov" in the final seconds of the Knicks' 124-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons at Madison Square Garden. Amar'e Stoudemire scored 26 of his 33 points in the second half and Danilo Gallinari added 29 points for New York.

QUOTABLE: "I just breathed a little bit, took it easy and tried to play aggressive. That's it."
- Mozgov on what he did after missing his first four shots to finish 9 of 15

THE STAT: The 7-foot Mozgov had career-highs of nine points and six rebounds entering the game, and more than doubled both outputs.

TURNING POINT: With the game tied at 91, the Knicks opened the fourth quarter on a 12-2 run to seize a 103-93 lead. New York outscored the Pistons, 33-15, in the final quarter.

QUOTABLE II: "Twenty-three and 14, one shot deal? I think I'll try it again."
- Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni on whether Mozgov will play again

HOT: The Knicks bench. Mozgov, Toney Douglas (eight points) and Bill Walker (five) combined for 36 points, while Detroit's bench combined for 23.

NOT: Just like Mozgov, Anthony Randolph was given a chance to play due to the absence of Wilson Chandler (sore left calf) and Shawne Williams (suspension). But he failed to make an impact, going 0 for 1 in 7+ minutes in his first outing since Jan. 7.

NOTABLE: Stoudemire entered the game with a sprained right knee and proceeded to bang his left knee on Will Bynum.

QUOTABLE III: "That was good. He banged the other knee so then he won't be limping anymore."
- D'Antoni

INSIDE THE ARENA: Former Knicks standout Gerald Wilkins received the "Once a Knick, always a Knick" introduction.

UP NEXT: For the Knicks, Wednesday vs. Dallas, Friday @ Philadelphia, Sunday vs. Philadelphia. For the Pistons, Wednesday vs. Charlotte, Friday vs. New Jersey, Saturday @ Milwaukee.

Also, I need a Based Gov avy too. Anybody around right now trying to do a gif. for me ? I'm trying to find video of the put back in the first half off a Billy Walker attempt I believe. I need that.
glasses.gif

It's nitpicking on an otherwise great return, but numerous times he went to help or double, only to leave his man open or free to grab the rebound. He can hopefully fix that with time, however.

I'm not suggesting we start him immediately, but he definitely earned another look and some decent minutes for a couple games. Walker seems to be on the outs, hopefully when Chandler comes back we can still play small (which coach likes and everyone is comfortable with), then bring in Mozgov to give Turiaf/Amare a rest.

In AR's defense the Knicks players on the court, namely STAT and Gallo were looking to get Mozgov actively involved. TD and Felton were throwing him alleys. they were all looking to motivate Mozgov. With Turiaf in foul trouble they simply needed Moz more. Plus I think AR came in when most of those guys were on the bench.

I'm looking forward to the Dallas game. I just like when we play against the better teams. Hopefully we can get the W. Then continue the streak in 76ers back to back. Clippers after that. Build something for when the Lakers come to town.
glasses.gif

We played a lowly Detroit team sans Ben Wallace. Moz played great tonight not denying that, at the end day he's still the same old MOZ. If we can build up a little winning streak we MIGHT be able to pass ATL for that 5th spot. The one thing I hate about knicks fans is one game = greatness and then when they play horrible its trade them blah blah. Moz is like your ex girlfriend you broke up with her for a reason, taking her back thinking she changed only for her to do the same foolishness would make you well.....Foolish.

laugh.gif
I was so big on MOZ when the season started all I kept hearing was how good his jumpshot was and he was a good rebounder, Dude came out the gate HORRIBLE. He crushed me.

Before season started, I wanted to see Mozgov-Amare-Gallo-Chandler-Felton lineup. W/ AR gettin at least 25mins.

Moz and AR both played terribly, and Turiaf was a surprise.

And whoever mentioned not to play MOZ cuz were tryna make a playoff push.... we need a center, why not work one we have in the second half of the season into the playoffs ?

How many teams you know make it to the next round without a Center ?

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Before season started, I wanted to see Mozgov-Amare-Gallo-Chandler-Felton lineup. W/ AR gettin at least 25mins.

And whoever mentioned not to play MOZ cuz were tryna make a playoff push.... we need a center, why not work one we have in the second half of the season into the playoffs ?

I said it, as I mentioned befored we cant take the risk with him out on the floor. He's a huge liabilty. What happens when we play the duncans,garnetts,boshs,griffins etc MOZ is food to them, its not like he has the world best attitude of himself either, one mistake and hes starts to play as if the world is over. I'm all for having a center but not at the expense of hurting our team and giving up 30 points to an opposing teams big man.

I asked this last week sometime, but why did we get Roger Mason JR again???

and I think Moz should be utilized a bit, to feel his way around. even if its only against scrub teams.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I said it, as I mentioned befored we cant take the risk with him out on the floor. He's a huge liabilty. What happens when we play the duncans,garnetts,boshs,griffins etc MOZ is food to them, its not like he has the world best attitude of himself either, one mistake and hes starts to play as if the world is over. I'm all for having a center but not at the expense of hurting our team and giving up 30 points to an opposing teams big man.

He earned his play time, let's see how he does

Warkentien recently left his agent, Steve Kaufmann, to join William Wesley and the ever powerful CAA.

Back
Top Bottom