**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

This is OT, but I'm thinking of transferring to St. John's and I was wondering if it's worth it....tuition there is high as hell and I don't have that kind of money, and I'm really trying to avoid anymore loans...just need a few opinions from any of ya'll who attended there

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

This is OT, but I'm thinking of transferring to St. John's and I was wondering if it's worth it....tuition there is high as hell and I don't have that kind of money, and I'm really trying to avoid anymore loans...just need a few opinions from any of ya'll who attended there
I'm graduating from St.John's this summer and I would say it's a pretty good college..The tuition IS pretty crazy but SJU is one of the more generous schools when it comes to giving out scholarships..Plus, if you're eligible for a good amount of financial aid, they will be more than happy to get you the most money you can get. If your grades are above 3.0, there's a good chance they would give you a decent scholarship..My girl had a high GPA (3.5ish) when she transferred to SJU earlier this year and they gave her I think $12k for the year..I would say go for it unless there's a better school you would be able to get into (i.e. NYU)

Oh yeah, and make sure you sit down and speak to somebody at the school if you decide to go there because just like with any transfer situation, often times A LOT of your credits may not be eligible to be transferred over..But hopefully you'll be able to keep the majority of your credits

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I'm graduating from St.John's this summer and I would say it's a pretty good college..The tuition IS pretty crazy but SJU is one of the more generous schools when it comes to giving out scholarships..Plus, if you're eligible for a good amount of financial aid, they will be more than happy to get you the most money you can get. If your grades are above 3.0, there's a good chance they would give you a decent scholarship..My girl had a high GPA (3.5ish) when she transferred to SJU earlier this year and they gave her I think $12k for the year..I would say go for it unless there's a better school you would be able to get into (i.e. NYU)

Oh yeah, and make sure you sit down and speak to somebody at the school if you decide to go there because just like with any transfer situation, often times A LOT of your credits may not be eligible to be transferred over..But hopefully you'll be able to keep the majority of your credits

Thanks for the advice man....I'm at a 2.8 right now, but I still have a year to go at this CC....I was previously attending PolyNYU actually (didn't work out...) so I'm up here in CT attending this CC. I could also transfer to UConn and all my credits will be accepted, but I'm really trying to come back to NY. I can definitely get above a 3.0 by the end of this semester. Thanks again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6062407 
pimp.gif

One a side note when I graduated HS (St. Rays).. I received an initial $10,000 a year scholarship.. and then they threw in an additional 3,000 a year.. I didn't even have good grades in HS.. I had one good, Senior Year where my gpa was 3.5+.. I ended up going to Baruch..15,000 a year was still too much for me compared to Baruch's 5000 a year.

So the Magic have waived "white chocolate" Jason Williams.

From TheKnicksBlog.com:
While the Knicks figure out how to help the roster, Williams is a veteran with playoff experience. He reportedly had a great workout with the Knicks last off season. Worth considering despite not having a good season at all. He’s playing less minutes than Chris Duhon for whatever that’s worth.

Think the Knicks should take a shot?

I went to St. Rays too...that's crazy lol. Baruch is also on the list, and probably will be the place I end up if I can't get into/afford St. John's. I just really want to experience living on a campus (with life). PolyNYU's campus was hot basura.

I went to St. Rays too...that's crazy lol. Baruch is also on the list, and probably will be the place I end up if I can't get into/afford St. John's. I just really want to experience living on a campus (with life). PolyNYU's campus was hot basura.

eek.gif
at the St. Rays coincidence lol.. class of 09 though...Yeah I want to experience the campus life too, but couldn't afford it.. Baruch is a good school.. and I know a few people that have transferred from Johns to Baruch and have said it was a good choice, a lot cheaper and still quality education. good luck though bro.

Thanks man, I appreciate your input.

Anyway, wouldn't hurt to give Jason Williams a try...he wouldn't demand that much right? Give him the vet minimum for a year.

Every time I think of Jason Williams I'm reminded of how he lost his job to Mike Bibby on Sac and then instead of trying to prove the critics and naysayers wrong proceeded to fade in to nothingness for like 9 years
30t6p3b.gif

I dunno about him. I'd think anything is better than TD but he could just be the white version. I'd like to think from what he's learned in his situation he should try to be a past first pg, only take open shots or when the shot clock is winding down. He was a good driver/creator off the dribble and in the paint and an okay passer from what I remember and I can't remember the last time I've seen him on the court for an extended period since maybe '03 or '04?

If somehow I'm miraculously able to attend tomorrow's Heat Vs Knicks game, the knicks win, I'm streaking through Madison square garden and Penn station.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

From TheKnicksBlog.com:
While the Knicks figure out how to help the roster, Williams is a veteran with playoff experience. He reportedly had a great workout with the Knicks last off season. Worth considering despite not having a good season at all. He’s playing less minutes than Chris Duhon for whatever that’s worth.

Do it Walsh

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by briannnnn

From TheKnicksBlog.com:

Do it Walsh

I wouldn't be mad if he looked into this..I assumed he'd sign with Miami when I first heard about this but I don't know how hard he fell off

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

I just checked stubhub, and cheapest seats in the 300 level are $99?...wow...

If Melo does come to the Knicks, or if we're contenders again, I can't imagine what the prices will be like...

the only downfall in all this 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If Melo joins the Knicks i wont be able to afford tix till i graduate from school
laugh.gif

Knicks overtake Lakers as NBA's most valuable franchise

Posted Jan 26 2011 7:50PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks have overtaken the Los Angeles Lakers as the NBA's most valuable franchise, and 17 of the 30 teams are estimated to have lost money last season, according to Forbes.

The Knicks' value rose 12 percent from $586 million to $655 million, the magazine said Wednesday in its annual evaluation. The rise was attributed to increased ticket sales and sponsorships at Madison Square Garden.

The Lakers went up 6 percent from $607 million to $643 million.

Chicago was third at $511 million, followed by Boston ($452 million), Houston ($443 million) and Dallas ($438 million).

After signing Lebron James, the Miami Heat had the biggest percentage rise, a 17 percent increase to $425 million, good for seventh place. Following the loss of James, Cleveland dropped a league-high 26 percent to $355 million.

The average value of a franchise increased 1 percent to $369 million, down from $379 million two years ago.

Forbes estimated teams averaged $6.1 million in operating income. It said the total of teams that lost money is the most since the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Knicks 1st, Lakers 2nd on Forbes list[/h1]
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks have overtaken the Los Angeles Lakers as the NBA's most valuable franchise, and 17 of the 30 teams are estimated to have lost money last season, according to Forbes.

The Knicks' value rose 12 percent from $586 million to $655 million, the magazine said Wednesday in its annual evaluation. The rise was attributed to increased ticket sales and sponsorships at Madison Square Garden.

The Lakers went up 6 percent from $607 million to $643 million.

Chicago was third at $511 million, followed by Boston ($452 million), Houston ($443 million) and Dallas ($438 million).

After signing LeBron James, the Miami Heat had the biggest percentage rise, a 17 percent increase to $425 million, good for seventh place. Following the loss of James, Cleveland dropped a league-high 26 percent to $355 million.

The average value of a franchise increased 1 percent to $369 million, down from $379 million two years ago.

Forbes estimated teams averaged $6.1 million in operating income. It said the total of teams that lost money is the most since the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season.

Heats are 7th place, imagine if Bron was here
laugh.gif
.. Dolan would swim in benjamins

J-Will will fall apart in this offense.

Not to mention we're giving them points when he's on the floor.

Also, he has arthritis in both feet.
No.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

J-Will will fall apart in this offense.

Not to mention we're giving them points when he's on the floor.

Also, he has arthritis in both feet.
No.

That's fine, we can deal w/ arthritis in both feet, as long as he can move his arms well to hit threes
laugh.gif
, right?

j/k

White chocolate is done. Like Big J said, he has arthritis in both feet, otherwise Orlando wouldnt waive him.

Originally Posted by DubA169

"Nobody's afraid of the Miami Heat," Stoudemire said Wednesday afternoon.

laugh.gif

I remember when we first played PHX, Tina asked tomorrow, what is the game plan Amare said "Dominate, we just wanna dominate from beginning to end"
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom