**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Don't think fields, gallo, chandler would get a deal done. That's my point. It would be plus picks we would need plus taking terrible contracts

But how would we have depth, if we'd have no picks, and less FA to work with.. since we'd have little cap space?
Riddle me that.

There's nothing irational about what im saying

Chandler, fields, and galanari by themselves are not getting us melo. So how much more are u willing to give?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Don't think fields, gallo, chandler would get a deal done. That's my point. It would be plus picks we would need plus taking terrible contracts

This is where donnie knows what hes doing. He wont take back bad contracts simple as that. He will probably take chauncey at worst case scenario but i doubt that because then he would have to trade felton unless a third team is involved. Donnie will probably take a player whos contract ends next summer. He aint dumb. But he will have to trade some of our core plus picks for melo to get this doneAnyway enough of this melo talk we need this win tonight. Whos the next team we play after today?

Thats why Donnie's trying to get a 3rd team involved.

It's not the assets aren't satisfying enough, its more like Denver isn't interested in satisfying Melo.

I dont see how Favors looks more promising then OJ and Gallo.

Btw not everyone will take less to play here

We will be in direct competition with miami for cheap ring chasers. They have weather and no state taxes. We have the worst media in america and rabid fans. Plenty of players would choose the heat

Originally Posted by DubA169

Its not about potential greatness dice. You don't win with just Amare and melo. Need depth. Gallo would be getting open threes while teams concentrate on melo and Amare. Field would be a good two next to them

Plus I don't want harringtons awful contract especially if we give upall 3. We need to manage our assets. We will most likely need to make trades for a center and back up pg so we could use fields or gallo in future trades. Giving up every single piece we have h
is short sighted and unnecessary when u look at the cost of other stars being traded
Underlined: Just curious Dub... What lineup would you put out there that would allow these 4 to be on the court at the same time?
nerd.gif

Italics: As dice said, Wilson, Gallo, & Fields have all seen their value drop. Saving these guys for "future trades" as you say, would be possible only if you're assuming that they will all still be producing the way they were last month. Best time to unload any of them would be NOW.

Also, Felton is only signed for 2 years. Which means next year will most likely be his last year here. Why not bring Melo in now to see if he, STAT, and Ray have the potential to gel together? If not, then Ray could be one of those assets that you package in a deal for CP3 or some other pg.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by you go boy

Denver rejected an offer of Fields / Chandler / Curry / Pick

what if donnie added a second 1st round pick to that deal? he said he could probably get two... that still wouldn't be enough? thats OD imo and more than fair for denver... fields/chandler curry and 2 first round picks for melo.. that wouldn't be low balling at all... before i was saying trade everyone not named amare and felton but if you trade all 3 fields, chandler and gallo thats OD... 2 of those guys is more than enough
Agreed.

I don't understand some of you though. The ones who want their cake and eat it too....
laugh.gif

Like, some of you are saying to keep Gallo, Wilson, Fields, AND sign Melo during the summer. How in the world do some of you expect the minutes to be split with all of those players on the roster??

Amar'e needs help. And I don't see why you guys wouldn't want to get a head-start on 2011-12 by getting Melo NOW as opposed to waiting for the unpredictability of FA.

Out of all those guys you mentioned, I would trade Gallo and Will. Gallo isn't panning out the way we wanted and if we land 'Melo--there will be a conflict with playing time and Will will def lose out on this. His production will go down and he won't be as effective as we once saw.

I don't think we trade Gallo though. Him and D'Antoni has too much of a close relationship and he wont allow for it.

Shuges. Unfortunatly I see it being felton, fields, gallo, melo, Amare. Dantoni will play small ball till the end

Yall talking about in FA it's unsure for us and I'd say it doesn't matter. If this goes to the off season and Melo doesn't sign here oh well, that's on him. We'll sign or trade for a center and pg, then keep it moving. In that scenario, the core is still in tact and we'd be better after getting what we need.

In a dream world, Melo signs here for something less than the max so we can have something to work with the '11-12 off season and/or possibly get a center the same off season.

Trade wise, adding in more of our players won't work. Den isn't interested in our players, adding our whole team save Amar'e wouldn't make a difference to them. If they don't want Fields/Chandler/Gallo what makes you think they'd want Turiaf, Felton, Walker, and Williams with them? and even if they did we give that up get knocked out in the off season and Donnie would fill out our roster in the off season the best way he could. That's why I said bring in other teams so this can still work out for us and Den can get some of what they want. They seemingly just want cap relief and picks and some young players that can still put fans in the seats for next season. We can't give them all that but in unison with other teams we could get it done.

But I'm still for low balling them by the deadline with a Chandler-Curry-pick trade *%%$ Den's FO.

Fellas....let's just wait it out.

Whatever happens, happens.

Donnie knows what he's doing....Melo knows what he wants.

Whoever we truly need, we'll find a to keep them, or get them during free agency.

If we can get friggin Stoudemire to commit to the Knicks.....I'm sure we can snag up some top flight role players. Let's not lose our minds here....we still got a month till the trade deadline.

700 pages by the trade deadline?
grin.gif

This Melo talk is only going to keep coming up over and over again
30t6p3b.gif

lol i swear some of yall just give up on the team so quickly, when they on a winning streak everyone in here is "FEELS GOOD MAN" smiling cheering and everything saying we can compete with the best and yadayada, then a lil 5 game skid and some of yall are saying this team is going no where. this team is still a playoff bound team which is way better then what they were this whole past decade. cheerup yall, dont start abandoning ship just yet, teams do go thru losing streaks.
smile.gif
GO NYK

We basically got the 6th seed locked down. And it looks like Boston or Orlando is gonna settle in there at the 3. I'm hoping we can make a good surge (maybe that means we move AR and pick up someone who can contribute or Azu gets healthy/we move him too) and get into that 5th seed

I mean, I think we accomplished the whole get to the playoffs thing. If we can do that and find ourselves against Chicago.
smokin.gif
That's a classic waiting to happen. I couldn't imagine being more hyped for a series. 

And this rough part of our schedule is almost done. More home games then away. Almost no back to backs and a lot less winning opponents. I know we can stop playing down to our opponents once these trade rumors calm the hell down. We either gotta get a backup 1 or 5 to take some minutes from our starters, or whoever else might end up here.

We can't be like bum kids with new money, acting like we gotta count every penny twice.

Looks like a good half a season coming.

[table][tr][td] Sat 22[/td][td] @ Oklahoma City  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 24[/td][td] vs Washington  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 27[/td][td] vs Miami  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 28[/td][td] @ Atlanta  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 30[/td][td] vs Detroit  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]February[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 02[/td][td] vs Dallas  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 04[/td][td] @ Philadelphia  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 06[/td][td] vs Philadelphia  [/td][td] 12:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 09[/td][td] vs LA Clippers  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 11[/td][td] vs LA Lakers  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 12[/td][td] @ New Jersey  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 16[/td][td] vs Atlanta  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 23[/td][td] vs Milwaukee  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 25[/td][td] @ Cleveland  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 27[/td][td] @ Miami  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]March[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 01[/td][td] @ Orlando  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 02[/td][td] vs New Orleans  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 04[/td][td] vs Cleveland  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 06[/td][td] @ Atlanta  [/td][td] 6:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 07[/td][td] vs Utah  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 09[/td][td] @ Memphis  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 10[/td][td] @ Dallas  [/td][td] 8:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 13[/td][td] vs Indiana  [/td][td] 6:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 15[/td][td] @ Indiana  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Thu 17[/td][td] vs Memphis  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 18[/td][td] @ Detroit  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 20[/td][td] @ Milwaukee  [/td][td] 3:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 21[/td][td] vs Boston  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 23[/td][td] vs Orlando  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 25[/td][td] vs Milwaukee  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 26[/td][td] @ Charlotte  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 30[/td][td] vs New Jersey  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]April[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Time[/td][td]Local TV[/td][td]Nat TV[/td][td]Radio[/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 03[/td][td] vs Cleveland  [/td][td] 6:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 05[/td][td] vs Toronto  [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 06[/td][td] @ Philadelphia  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 08[/td][td] @ New Jersey  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 10[/td][td] @ Indiana  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 12[/td][td] vs Chicago  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 13[/td][td] @ Boston  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I don't like how people say we are automatically playoff bound. We don't have that great of a team to begin with..

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

I don't like how people say we are automatically playoff bound. We don't have that great of a team to begin with..
Yea, but we're still in the East, though. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

They spoon fed y'all with this schedule. Stern on his bull @%%$ for them again
30t6p3b.gif
My conspiracy theory is, Stern really didn't want another The Decision to happen, so they frontloaded our schedule to hell hoping, we'd be so desperate come trade deadline, that we'd sell off half our team to trade for Melo. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by lildisciple111

lol i swear some of yall just give up on the team so quickly, when they on a winning streak everyone in here is "FEELS GOOD MAN" smiling cheering and everything saying we can compete with the best and yadayada, then a lil 5 game skid and some of yall are saying this team is going no where. this team is still a playoff bound team which is way better then what they were this whole past decade. cheerup yall, dont start abandoning ship just yet, teams do go thru losing streaks.
smile.gif
GO NYK
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're right, no reason for concern there.

Originally Posted by lildisciple111

smile.gif
GO NYK
True that, but losing to the Kings at MSG is no excuse. 

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

Same here, but we must make the playoffs. It's the only way that we can attract top players. 

Originally Posted by diceloveme

I swear some of ya'll are complacent and wish for nothing but mediocrity.
That's what I'm saying. Happy to be knocked out in the first or second round. So the #%!$ what if it's an improvement. I don't want to be one of those fans. Just happy to be here type of _s. On some we're better than we use to be so lets be happy with that nonsense. I want a championship. Good thing I haven't changed my tune when we were winning. Dude's need to be realistic when lookng at this team when we're winning or losing.

Back
Top Bottom