4 straight losses................
pimp.gif
Someone can't count.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

4 straight losses................
pimp.gif
trolling
pimp.gif

We didn't shoot well enough, we're not a defensive team so if we don't score we won't win, that's pretty simple.

I didn't expect a win anyway... we weren't ending the losing streak on the road against the best team in the league.

My heart has been broken the past few games, even if this is the best season we've had in years.

If we sign Melo in the offseason, we cant re-sign Chandler anyway right?

So it wouldn't make a difference trading him now..

Word w/Knicks is that Chandler has been bothered by trade talk. After getting off reb, D'Antoni makes point of telling him: "Good job via @ricbucher

More I think about it, the more I don't have a problem with trading most of this core (except Fields) for Melo. We can't keep most of them in the off season if we want him on the team anyway. I'd be fine with seeing how Donnie manages for the rest of the season and what Donnie/Allan do in the off season to fill out the rest of the roster.

ok its time to make a move for melo, this team isnt going anywhere. as long as we keep of 1 of fields/chandler/gallo then thats good enough

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ok its time to make a move for melo, this team isnt going anywhere. as long as we keep of 1 of fields/chandler/gallo then thats good enough

Denver rejected an offer of Fields / Chandler / Curry / Pick

Move on to the multi-player deal involving O.J., and w/e other teams. If they really did make that offer and it was rejected (not surprised since it's been rumored since last year they weren't interested in what the Knicks got ).

can anyone tell me what the hold up is with chandler? i keep hearing that hes going to make big money in the summer and nuggets wouldnt want that... but couldn't they just renounce him and not sign him to save money just like the knicks did with lee? i hope that wouldn't be a deal breaker because chandler is nice and i think denver could make good use of him even for just this year...

what if donnie added a second 1st round pick to that deal? he said he could probably get two... that still wouldn't be enough? thats OD imo and more than fair for denver... fields/chandler curry and 2 first round picks for melo.. that wouldn't be low balling at all... before i was saying trade everyone not named amare and felton but if you trade all 3 fields, chandler and gallo thats OD... 2 of those guys is more than enough

If the Nuggets waived Chandler after that trade. It'd be Landry Fields and a 1st-rounder for Melo. On top of that we could sign Chandler back with part of the MLE.

That'd be the most lopsided trade this decade, easy.

Feels like a heat check. Donnie seeing how desperate the Nugs are, scaring off other teams in the process.
smokin.gif

If we can get two first round picks

I rather not use them on Melo.
Just sign him in the summer.
Package either Gallo or Chandler and those picks for a Center.

If we can only get one pick then yea, trade it to Denver.

theres no guarantee that melo will sign with the knicks this summer just like lebron last year... so get him while you can because anything can happen...and id trade 2 picks for melo... our picks wont have value since we are going to be a good team with melo...unless you try to trade those picks for a big man or backup pg

The Knicks should just wait until the summer to sign Melo.

From my understanding, the only impact player that the Knicks would have to let go in the summer would be Wilson Chandler, since both Gallo and Fields (?) would still be under contract. It wouldn't make sense to trade for Melo now when the Nuggets would demand that Gallo, Fields, and/or a bunch of picks be included - especially when all signs point to Melo hitting the market.

It doesn't appear as if Melo is willing to accept an extension from any of the teams in the "running" at the moment, even with the uncertainty of the CBA looming. The only thing really standing between Melo and the Knicks would be some surprise team like the Bulls somehow landing him before the deadline - a huge longshot given how much the Nuggets are asking for. Otherwise, the Knicks have nothing to worry about; even if he gets traded, he'll likely end up hitting the free agent market anyway. Melo finishing the year in a Nets or Warriors uniform is no different than in a Nuggets uniform. He won't be signing an extension unless some bleak news comes out of the CBA talks.
Looking at it from a different angle, the Knicks would have to give up too much to meet Denver's demands. If Walsh wanted to deal now to guarantee Melo in a Knicks uniform rather than wait for the summer, he would need to gut the team and be left with Felton, Stat, Melo, and a bunch of lackluster role players and no draft picks to fill any holes. The price of that guarantee is just too high, even for a sub-franchise player (bare with me) like Melo.

The Knicks' offers getting rejected is probably a blessing in disguise. I don't think they need to give up more than they have to (Wilson Chandler) in order to get Melo on their team. It's pretty clear to me that Melo has his heart set on New York. The Knicks have a ton of assets that don't need to be used on an unnecessary trade for a player that's probably coming to New York on his own, but rather on other impact players instead. Like someone said above me, use Randolph or those draft picks to build some depth on the bench or go after a solid center.

Originally Posted by you go boy

what if donnie added a second 1st round pick to that deal? he said he could probably get two... that still wouldn't be enough? thats OD imo and more than fair for denver... fields/chandler curry and 2 first round picks for melo.. that wouldn't be low balling at all... before i was saying trade everyone not named amare and felton but if you trade all 3 fields, chandler and gallo thats OD... 2 of those guys is more than enough

Agreed.

I don't understand some of you though. The ones who want their cake and eat it too....
laugh.gif

Like, some of you are saying to keep Gallo, Wilson, Fields, AND sign Melo during the summer. How in the world do some of you expect the minutes to be split with all of those players on the roster??

Amar'e needs help. And I don't see why you guys wouldn't want to get a head-start on 2011-12 by getting Melo NOW as opposed to waiting for the unpredictability of FA.

Back
Top Bottom