**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

If we can get two first round picks

I rather not use them on Melo.
Just sign him in the summer.
Package either Gallo or Chandler and those picks for a Center.

If we can only get one pick then yea, trade it to Denver.
this
Keep in mind guys, that we still have the upper hand, so it doesn't make sense to cave in to Denver.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by you go boy

Denver rejected an offer of Fields / Chandler / Curry / Pick

what if donnie added a second 1st round pick to that deal? he said he could probably get two... that still wouldn't be enough? thats OD imo and more than fair for denver... fields/chandler curry and 2 first round picks for melo.. that wouldn't be low balling at all... before i was saying trade everyone not named amare and felton but if you trade all 3 fields, chandler and gallo thats OD... 2 of those guys is more than enough
Agreed.

I don't understand some of you though. The ones who want their cake and eat it too....
laugh.gif

Like, some of you are saying to keep Gallo, Wilson, Fields, AND sign Melo during the summer. How in the world do some of you expect the minutes to be split with all of those players on the roster??

Amar'e needs help. And I don't see why you guys wouldn't want to get a head-start on 2011-12 by getting Melo NOW as opposed to waiting for the unpredictability of FA.

This

we want melo. but we don't want to give them all 3 pieces of our core, plus a pick, plus take back harringtons terrible contract

the boneheads are gonna keep melo, make a playoff push and try to call his bluff. imo. then we will trade him for some crap like bosh was.

Core? At this point talking about the potential greatness of Gallo/Chandler is silly dudes aren't producing at the rate they should be right now and Realistically Amar'e will only be able to play at this level for 3-4 more years so its better to capitalize and cash in on the Melo situation ASAP

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ok its time to make a move for melo, this team isnt going anywhere. as long as we keep of 1 of fields/chandler/gallo then thats good enough

Denver rejected an offer of Fields / Chandler / Curry / Pick
ohwell.gif
 I want no part of giving up Fields 

This is pathetic. SMH. I'm literally done discussing this garbage. And I'm sure Denver is taking a hit league-wide the way they've handled the matter.

Wake me when something develops.

The streak should end on the 24th v Washington... If it doesn't y'all have Mia & Atl then Detroit.

5-9 and ending 1 game over .500 by the month is a very realistic possibility
30t6p3b.gif

Its not about potential greatness dice. You don't win with just Amare and melo. Need depth. Gallo would be getting open threes while teams concentrate on melo and Amare. Field would be a good two next to them

Plus I don't want harringtons awful contract especially if we give upall 3. We need to manage our assets. We will most likely need to make trades for a center and back up pg so we could use fields or gallo in future trades. Giving up every single piece we have h
is short sighted and unnecessary when u look at the cost of other stars being traded

Originally Posted by DubA169

Its not about potential greatness dice. You don't win with just Amare and melo. Need depth. Gallo would be getting open threes while teams concentrate on melo and Amare. Field would be a good two next to them

Plus I don't want harringtons awful contract especially if we give upall 3. We need to manage our assets. We will most likely need to make trades for a center and back up pg so we could use fields or gallo in future trades. Giving up every single piece we have h
is short sighted and unnecessary when u look at the cost of other stars being traded
Thank you
Also we going to beat the Thunder, we got this.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Seriously what are Gallo or Chandler possibly going to do in the next years to make us a better team really? Are we going to be competing with Boston, MIA or Orl? HECK No. Cash in on Gallo and Chandler while we can and Build around Stat and Melo. No we are not winning a chip this year but this summer with Donnie's negotiating skills we might be able to bring some solid pieces via trade or bargain signings. I'm tired of this not wanting to trade players crap, We are not going anywhere with this core simple as that.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The streak should end on the 24th v Washington... If it doesn't y'all have Mia & Atl then Detroit.

5-9 and ending 1 game over .500 by the month is a very realistic possibility
30t6p3b.gif
The way we're playing as of late I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Young went for 50 on us and gave us a L

You can work on that depth in the off-season, plus more people will want to play here so it won't take much time.

Wilson can go, as long as Gallo is here since he would compliment both I don't care who goes.

Its STAT and everyone else.

I don't think so but more than one person use this name. Fields is the one I want to keep

Dice u need to read my post again. Nowhere in there. Did I say we need to keep our little trio forever. We need to maintain assets for a back up pg or center trade. We have some leverage for the first time in a decade. Giving up all those players plus taking back terrible salaries would be a mistake.

Donnie knows what he's doing so we don't need to worryn

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You can work on that depth in the off-season, plus more people will want to play here so it won't take much time.

Wilson can go, as long as Gallo is here since he would compliment both I don't care who goes.

Its STAT and everyone else.

I'm glad someone is using their brain.

You want isiah back boys? Okay. How about fields, chandler, gallo, williams, walker, turiaf, curry contract, and u take back birdman and harringtons contracts plus give them q pick for randolph

Boom have fun

I don't think so but more than one person use this name. Fields is the one I want to keep

Dice u need to read my post again. Nowhere in there. Did I say we need to keep our little trio forever. We need to maintain assets for a back up pg or center trade. We have some leverage for the first time in a decade. Giving up all those players plus taking back terrible salaries would be a mistake.

Donnie knows what he's doing so we don't need to worryn
I did read the post but like I said in my last post time to cash in while we can. If Gallo and Chandler continue to struggle and the play they have what good will they be to us as assets?

DUBA You're not making any sense it's not about giving up a lot we HAVE to make this trade players like MELO don't become available everyday and when they do you do WHATEVER it takes to get it done. Melo and Stat together will attract other names and players will disregard D'Antoni poor coaching to play with two of the leagues best players in the leagues best city.

Back
Top Bottom