**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

As much as you guys hate TD, he is the best thing we have right now as far as backup PG goes. We can't let him go. Ray would be DONE come March-April.

I think I've had my fill with Denver. When this supposed trade hits the fan, I'd like Donnie to tell Denver they can go %##% themselves. If Melo wants the best chances of winning & playing in NY, he will wait.
That's the problem, make some moves so we can ship that BUM out of here.

But you're talking about just moving the guy without getting anything in return & that's not smart at all.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

laugh.gif
Throw TD in any trade scenario possible.

nevermind a trade, just send him there with not pinned to his neck
roll.gif
roll.gif
NOT Going to pass the ball. NOT going to take good shots. NOT going to make a tear drop floater from the 3pt line. NOT going to run the offense properly.
roll.gif

I meant note, but that was
pimp.gif

But you're talking about just moving the guy without getting anything in return & that's not smart at all.

If we could get a 3pc from popeyes with a Large Fries voucher for TD I'd take it. I'm not sure any GM with COMMON SENSE is going to offer us much if anything valuable for TD. He just disgust me so much I'd rather him be gone without asking for anything.

If we could get a 3pc from popeyes with a Large Fries voucher for TD I'd take it.

And hand it over to Anthony Randolph

But the only assurances anyone is getting around here right now are the veiled ones coming from Anthony. He's day-to-day -- and not in an injured sort of way.

"I'll be here against Cleveland, too," Anthony said regarding his availability for Saturday's home game against the Cavaliers.

"I'll be in San Antonio on Sunday," Anthony volunteered about the Nuggets' trip to play the Spurs on the second night of the weekend back-to-back set.

But beyond that?

"Just keep asking me after every game, and I'll let you know," Anthony said.

Don't know what's so funny, Favors is only 19, averaging 7 and 5 in 20 minutes of playing time and is an incredibly raw prospect. His pre-draft measurements and numbers were almost the same as Dwight Howard's and he's shown the ability to do some impressive things on the offensive end.

People on here keep saying in regards to Chandler and Gallo, but they're young and can develop even more... so why can't Favors too? Keeping in mind, Chandler has had 3 more years of experience playing at the NBA level, Gallinari played overseas professionally, Favors has had a year of college. Mayo, while I agree he can flourish in a new team, I don't think many are still expecting him to make that leap into super stardom, he's going to be a solid but undersized 2 guard or a great 6th man most likely.

You also have to keep in mind, this isn't a "who is better right now" issue... it's "who am I going to rebuild my franchise with". Chandler is going to be a free agent, meaning Denver has to give him a new deal. That's $$$$ they don't want to spend. Mayo and Gallo could be pieces you build around potentially, but if given the choice I'm taking the high potential 6'10" player out of the bunch who is just a rookie. Denver hasn't made it easy considering they haven't told us what kind of players they want in a trade, so it's clear we're not a team they want to deal with. And talking about the media bias against New York gets tiring for me... bottomline is the Nets would have the best package. 

As much as you guys hate TD, he is the best thing we have right now as far as backup PG goes. We can't let him go. Ray would be DONE come March-April.
Putting Melo aside for now, TD being are best option is what's the problem. So if we talking getting rid of somebody I'd sooner want us to trade for Mayo and have him run our offense when Felton rests. Plus there's already been rumored talk of AR going somewhere for a pick and possibly a player. I'd probably rather want to see Sebastian here too. He's been playing as a pass first pg.

why is he getting 20 minutes on a terrible team if he's so good?

you can't build around favors, gallo, or chandler. nuggets can't build around anyone they get back in a trade.

the nets would have the best package because of all the picks. plus we wouldn't give them chandler gallo, AND fields. i don't think anyone is arguing that. but all this talk about jay z and the tall super rich russian is asinine. jay z is a mascot. he owns 1 percent more of the nets than me and you

it makes sense for jersey, makes sense for leon rose, makes sense for the nuggets, makes sense for the russian. But guess who it doesn't make sense for.

if the CBA is so big bad and scary why don't we hear dwight, CP3, and deron begging to sign extensions? if melo goes to jersey and max contracts decrease by 5-7 percent i'm gonna laugh my !#% off.

^It could be that Dwight, Deron, and CP3 are waiting to see how it pans out with Meelo and maybe follow his format or maybe some of them don't care about the money that much.

I do wish we could get more picks. I doubt Den would turn down our over if we were sending 3 or 4 picks their way.

Because he's a rookie and he's raw. If you noticed I said it isn't an issue of "who is better now" it's who I want to build upon in the future.

We don't hear those guys begging for extensions because I don't believe they're available yet. I know for Orlando they said they'll offer Dwight one after this season.

I didn't say the CBA is big, bad and scary, but you know for a fact if it wasn't expiring this year Melo would just shut up and play out this season, then just come to NY as a free agent. But he hasn't said anything of that regard... because of the CBA.

Melo guaranteed he will be in a Nuggets uniform playing against Cleveland and San Antonio (Saturday & Sunday), so take that for what it's worth. 

keep it real whos a better PG toney douglas or mardy collins? i bring this up because im still salty we gave up on mardy... hes somewhat of a decent pg...

It has pretty much gotten to the point where the Knicks could offer literally any solid, non-superstar NBA player in a deal to Denver and they would say they have "no interest" in that player...They made a big deal about draft picks despite the fact that the 8th seed in the East is there for the taking..Didn't the Nets get picks from the Rockets? Rockets will probably miss the playoffs but probably as the 9th/10th seed..NONE of those picks(barring a miracle in the lottery) will be higher than a 15-16th pick...The Nuggets plan on rebuilding their team with those picks?

Devin Harris isn't a bad player but he's not gonna be a difference maker on a Carmelo-Less Nuggets team..And Derrick Favors will be all up in the paint, so that means less minutes for Nene/K-Mart/Birdman, meaning they'll probably be unhappy (especially since they're not getting any younger) and the fact the Nuggets won't be a playoff team without Carmelo will discourage them even more from wanting to be on the team...Not to mention that Billups says he wants to finish his career in Denver..So once Billups get a buy out at the end of the season with the Nets, he'll come back to Denver and then what will happen with Harris? They'll either have to put him as an undersized shooting guard (which Ty Lawson already plays) or as backup, which he won't be happy doing

These scenarios are probably running through the head of the Nuggets GM and owner, which is why this deal has yet to be made...Not to mention nobody in their right mind wants to play the prime of their career in NJ

The deal most likely hasn't been made because Melo hasn't agreed to an extension. Most of those scenarios are easily solvable in my eyes.

You trade Harris to a team that needs an experienced point guard, and let Lawson be your future point guard even if Billups comes back through a buy-out. They also have Golden States 2012 draft pick top 7 protected.

K-Mart has been injured/playing limited minutes this season and is an expiring, I don't know if Denver has any interest in bringing him back. Nene plays the 5, so no problem there for Favors. Chris Anderson is only playing 20 minutes as well, so it isn't like they have a prime Karl Malone and O'Neal at the 4 and 5 taking up 35 minutes a night.
Edit:

Ballinsam23 wrote:
Plain and simple, the Nuggets will not deal with us until their backs are to the walls (which they are right now, but they refuse to believe it).

Again, I'm not arguing contrary to that fact, I said that Denver clearly doesn't want to work with us so we're forced to sit on the sidelines for now. 

ok forget about favors, what about batum? didnt they offer melo for batum?

mayo, chandler, fields > batum

Plain and simple, the Nuggets will not deal with us until their backs are to the walls (which they are right now, but they refuse to believe it).

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ok forget about favors, what about batum? didnt they offer melo for batum?

mayo, chandler, fields > batum

it wasn't Batum for Melo straight up. Denver wants to flip Harris for Batum. So the Nuggets would get Favors, picks, and Batum.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I literally hate this all.

Exactly Melo should just come out and say where the hell he wants to go. Everyday new "sources" and "inside info" is Just getting ridiculous, this has been going on Since October.

btw ty lawson is also a client of rose's. so he too will benefit from this trade.

rip hamilton benefits because he gets out of detroit
ty lawson benefits because of more playing time
world wide wes benefits because of greater influence
leon rose benefits he gets to stick it to the knicks for "mishandling" eddy curry and not gutting the team for his client
russian owner and jay z benefit
lebron benefits from lack of competition. plus looks great because he left for winning instead of money which is what melo would do.

melo gets to be used

very sticky situation. alot of winners and one loser though

Back
Top Bottom