**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Chandler has prolly become one of my favorite Knicks ever these past couple years, will be sad to see him leave if he does go
frown.gif
. Not mad though cause he will be getting paid at least in the offseason
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

wait.... we got laker fans trolling this thread now 
laugh.gif

well then.....

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

We really got trolled like that last night by Lakers fans ? -_-

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

This game looked and felt like the Heat game in the Garden. We started off with a lot of energy but at the end of the day the better team overwhelmed us with their size. Bynum could have got called for 3 secs every time down court. Kobe should have been ejected.
nerd.gif
Bynum getting ejected was the make-up for that.
laugh.gif

Raymond Felton only gets up to play against the good point guards.
grin.gif
  He better come back strong against Andre Miller and D.Will especially.

Wilson Chandler brung it energy wise. He knew the type of game this was. And he's realizing the importance of his play against the big teams. My son almost killed himself with the reverse, but he was tynna get it down out there.

Amare struggled and we were still in the game for most of it. Plus we basically had him playing like a goal keeper last night against 2 7 footers.
tired.gif
He had 6 blocks, but he was using a lot of energy on defensive end. (Mozgov should have gotten time in this game, but I'm atleast happy D'Antoni is talking about getting him back in the rotation.) He still managed to get some decent numbers and was into the game mentally as well. Trying to show the teams toughness. Getting in dudes faces.
devil.gif
This is from the Lakers Season Thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Nermindee

lol that ref needs to get jabbed up hahaha... without these BS calls this game is a blowout...

its funny how amare thinks him and his team is relevant hehe.

nerd.gif

The game is a blow out right now
laugh.gif

Hate  in they blood b. Dudes know they hype the Lakers decided to show up against us, the Lakers was struggling, but knew they had to show up or we was going to run on them. Game had a real competitive feel to it. I'ma take that against the Champs.
laugh.gif
Dudes don't realize how much more teams and individual stars gear up or get hyped up just because of the name on our jersey. We get almost everybody's best shot almost every night, especially at home.

My man Shawne Williams is certified. Ron pushed Landry and my son ran up on Ron Artest.
eek.gif
Making half a mil this year. Ready to do it.
laugh.gif
But Ron is really M.O., went straight for the throat.
laugh.gif
It was tough for Williams to get into the game because he was trying to do so much on D.

Landry Fields did his regular but we could used some irregular sh.it last night. He passed up on a lot of shots and wasn't always aggressive enough sometimes. 10 shots with Gallo out is not enough. Especially with Stoudemire struggling, he has to realize these are his spots.

Bill Walker was launching.
eek.gif
I don't like 3-7 FGA and they all 3's. Then miss 3 FT's in a row after getting fouled on a 3.
eyes.gif

Douglas is too predictable right now, probably cause he's injured, but he's just barely producing for us. I appreciate the effort tho.

Why wasn't Turiaf an option for more time ?

D'Antoni confuses me a lot with these match-ups.

It's the way of the NBA and its fans.

the only true job security that exists from ownership and fans is if you are:

- Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or Greg Popovich

or

- A first year coach.

other than that, everyone is fair game. NBA coaches tend to wear out their welcome quickly. depends on who has talent and who doesn't. (ie, Doc almost certainly would not be the Celtics coach right now if KG doesn't find his way to Boston..instead, he's now considered a top tier coach)

Look around the league and damn near 1/2 of it have fan-bases that want coaching changes. Not sure what most feel will change by doing so. Just want to make a change for the sake of making a change.

We very well could end up needing another head coach soon. You can wear out your welcome and players tune guys out easily in this league. But for now, I still say he's very much an above average coach and can push this team towards the top of the Eastern Conference with another big time player. If you can get to that point and the defense/rotations/lineups aren't up to par, make the change then.

I can definitely agree with the "above average coach" and ECF thing, but i think we would all like to go further then that.

the thing with teams that are doing bad, some of the coaching has really been horrible though. Like Jim O' Brian. I still dont understand how you could bench a guy like Roy Hibbert and go "small ball", and etc. Theres a lot more, but ill save the ranting for Gr8.
laugh.gif

All I know is D'antoni is gettin the most out of this team this year.  The guys are out there busting there ### every night, and beating some good teams along the way.  Our his rotations perfect? No. Do I wish we played better D at times? Sure.  But no coach is perfect and it is easy to sit behind a TV and play sideline coach when your not the one managing these guys day in, day out and seeing what they do in practice. I was prolly on the AR hype train more than anyone and I'm fine with him getting no burn.  He has one of the lowest Bball IQ's I've ever seen and isn't ready to see time yet.  It's clear we need more depth as the year goes along but we also need to win games so I'm fine with D'antoni's short rotations.  All I know is that those Suns teams could have easily won a couple chips if not for a few bad breaks, the guy is one of the better coaches there is. I don't always like his decisions but he knows ball and that's all I can ask.  He is certainly better than anyone we had since JVG.

but i think we would all like to go further then that.
Me too. and if we get to this point or even have that potential with our personnel and he proves to be inept, I absolutely will be in favor of a change.

apparently amar'e never learned how to play defense

and this is our starting center

just bring in SOMEONE, ANYONE, to run the defense

PLEASE BASED GOD

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

All I know is D'antoni is gettin the most out of this team this year.  The guys are out there busting there ### every night, and beating some good teams along the way.  Our his rotations perfect? No. Do I wish we played better D at times? Sure.  But no coach is perfect and it is easy to sit behind a TV and play sideline coach when your not the one managing these guys day in, day out and seeing what they do in practice. I was prolly on the AR hype train more than anyone and I'm fine with him getting no burn.  He has one of the lowest Bball IQ's I've ever seen and isn't ready to see time yet.  It's clear we need more depth as the year goes along but we also need to win games so I'm fine with D'antoni's short rotations.  All I know is that those Suns teams could have easily won a couple chips if not for a few bad breaks, the guy is one of the better coaches there is. I don't always like his decisions but he knows ball and that's all I can ask.  He is certainly better than anyone we had since JVG.

THIS. Wisdom. From AMP?! I'll take it.
laugh.gif

I know we're not the settle for less Knicks anymore, but our track record with coaches the last decade, mixed with the market out there right now...

Dude is a world class offensive coach. He's got some sincere flaws, but look at what this handicap team is doing. We're under the cap and we have an $11 million dollar EC who can't even dress for games, let alone play any minutes. I'm gonna trust that our team is gonna keep getting better and that yes, some of his rotations and assignments hurt to look at, but they do work.

Orlando was kicking our %%@, because Amar'e got into foul trouble and built up a big lead. But D'antoni adjusted later on when it happened again and sent in Shawne Williams on Dwight. And it did work. Dwight got pulled to the perimeter, our drive and kick opened up and we were hitting 3's. J-Rich and Hedo made big shots to stop our comeback.

I think coach is one of the last positions to deal with for the next few years. What we do if/when Donnie retires is a lot more important.

edit: dice caught me slippin

Originally Posted by MrONegative

THIS. Wisdom. From AMP?! I'll take it.
laugh.gif

I know we're not the settle for less Knicks anymore, but our track record with coaches the last decade, mixed with the market out there right now...

Dude is a world class coach. He's got some sincere flaws, but look at what this handicap team is doing. We're under the cap and we have an $11 million dollar EC who can't even dress for games, let alone play any minutes. I'm gonna trust that our team is gonna keep getting better and that yes, some of his rotations and assignments hurt to look at, but they do work.

Orlando was kicking our $*%, because Amar'e got into foul trouble and built up a big lead. But D'antoni adjusted later on when it happened again and sent in Shawne Williams on Dwight. And it did work. Dwight got pulled to the perimeter, our drive and kick opened up and we were hitting 3's. J-Rich and Hedo made big shots to stop our comeback.

I think coach is one of the last positions to deal with for the next few years. What we do if/when Donnie retires is a lot more important.

I  was with you until there.

Are ya ready for Amare to hit 30pts a game again ? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa Hooking Up?[/h1]
136_1294684278_wiz-khalifa-amber-rose.jpg
Video vixen Amber Rose and rapper Wiz Khalifa are the latest urban duo rumored to be more than friends after being spotted together last week in Los Angeles.

Although neither artist has confirmed the speculation, both have invested ample time with one another over the past few weeks.

It looks like Amber Rose is quite popular amongst hip-hop's top rappers. Spotted over at Karen Civil, a video of Amber walking down the Los Angeles streets with Wiz Khalifa and it raises the question: Are these two more than friends? Amber has been linked to rappers Fabolous and Kanye West, so getting up with Wiz wouldn't be a shocker. However, these two have been in touch for a while now--when Wiz was shooting his "Black and Yellow" remix video, Amber was hanging out with him. She even tweeted they may be working together.

Uh Huhhhhh u kno what it is.. We get our MVP play back
smile.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
Video vixen Amber Rose and rapper Wiz Khalifa are the latest urban duo rumored to be more than friends after being spotted together last week in Los Angeles.

Although neither artist has confirmed the speculation, both have invested ample time with one another over the past few weeks.

It looks like Amber Rose is quite popular amongst hip-hop's top rappers. Spotted over at Karen Civil, a video of Amber walking down the Los Angeles streets with Wiz Khalifa and it raises the question: Are these two more than friends? Amber has been linked to rappers Fabolous and Kanye West, so getting up with Wiz wouldn't be a shocker. However, these two have been in touch for a while now--when Wiz was shooting his "Black and Yellow" remix video, Amber was hanging out with him. She even tweeted they may be working together.

smile.gif

I see what you did there
laugh.gif

Thank you BasedGod
smokin.gif

I'm sayin.. chick been suckin all the energy outta Amare... You kno coach always preachin energy too..
30t6p3b.gif

She caused the team more harm then good. Just pass her my way... i'll deal wit her
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]

smile.gif
I see what you did there
laugh.gif

Thank you BasedGod
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

We been 5-6 since chick showed up, too.
30t6p3b.gif

stats chick look likes a good girl but im getting that you can handcuff me to the bed ima all out freak kinda vibe
laugh.gif

It all brings them back to their most vexing problem. D’Antoni said he was working to reinsert Timofey Mozgov into the rotation. The 7-1 Mozgov has played sparingly for the last month after beginning the season as the starting center.

’Antoni elaborated on why he placed Stoudemire back in Friday’s blowout win over Phoenix by saying he wanted Mozgov to become comfortable playing alongside Stoudemire.

“It’s really nice to say we need a starting center,

If mozgov moves into the lineup that means

Fields, chandler or Gallo will be out the lineup..

Hopefully Gallo

I'll never understand the hate for D'antoni that is so prevalent in this thread.  This team has exceeded expectations this year and all I ever see is people complaing about the guy. Players win games in the NBA not coaches.
Who do you think allows/tells the players to continue shooting threes when they're not dropping, instead of driving to the goddamn basket (Lakers game)?

If mozgov moves into the lineup that means

Fields, chandler or Gallo will be out the lineup..

Hopefully Gallo
You're assuming Mike isn't adding another guy to the lineup. If anything I could see him limiting Turiaf's minutes even more.

He needs to smarten up and never put Amar'e in the center position again.

Back
Top Bottom