**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

anything we do during the season without landing Melo > the previous 10 years. We haven't been mediocre in years, we've be horrible. I was just trying to point out that if Melo lands in Jersey and we wait for the 2012 FA's it won't kill us.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

anything we do during the season without landing Melo > the previous 10 years. We haven't been mediocre in years, we've be horrible. I was just trying to point out that if Melo lands in Jersey and we wait for the 2012 FA's it won't kill us.

Amare isn't getting any younger. He will be 30 by 2012. Wasting 2 years of his career waiting isn't helping us. Not unless we can pull a Danny Ainge type deal.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Amare isn't getting any younger. He will be 30 by 2012. Wasting 2 years of his career waiting isn't helping us. Not unless we can pull a Danny Ainge type deal.
I am not saying not to get Melo. Who is out there now that will help us right away? So we don't get Melo now, we trade for Dalembert for half a year? what does that do?

And You Go Boy, anyone can get injured at anytime.

I think we're playing the blazers tomorrow right?

Why does this thread always get so sidetracked with Melo talk? lol

My philosophy on it has always been that if Melo wanted to be a Net, he'd already have been there. The deal's been on the table for MONTHS.

I think he's sent the message enough.

Melo shouldn't even be concerned with the money..he's going to get off-court millions in this market no doubt.

I remember seeing the nba wants to cut ALL salaries by 30%
roll.gif

The league's been bleeding money for the past few years

JoeBudden hey @lala .... Don't let him accept that trade, please ..... Morton's on me if u dead that s**t

The Melo talk is getting fed to ESPN, Yahoo..etc. Has anyone remembered ANY kind of trade talks in any sport where each detail of the negotiation has been chronicled every time there's a change? Hell for a time last night we knew that JOHAN %#+#@+% PETRO was basically a sticking point b/w Detroit and NJ. All this talk is complete +$*%%#$!, it was said that Melo met w/ Denver's officials last month and said the same thing we've all been hearing, I'm only gonna extend w/ NY. At this point I believe it's Denver who will do anything & everything to make Melo look bad, it's their only leverage. "Ok Melo, eff you, you're gonna play hardball we're gonna make it look like we coulda traded you once in September, once in January, and for all we know probe one more time before the deadline so we can say well we had deals each time but Melo $###$@ it up for us and said no I'm not signing."

This is all BS and on the other side is the Nets. Prokorov isn't stupid and either way, if they don't get Melo, it doesn't hurt with the Nets being constantly linked to Melo. It sells papers, plain & simple. Everyone knows the Nets been a doormat for years here in the tri-state area so I mean yea of course they're going all out for Melo, but why all the "Petro's salary, draft pick here, draft pick there talk..." you really think if this deal was that close to done Johan Petro and some combination of late 1st round picks in the worst draft in 15 years is making these teams sweat??? %@+$ no, Melo saying I ain't signing anywhere but NY is what's making teams sweat. As I said, Denver will do anything and everything to make it appear that Melo is the one %#+#@+% the franchise and city over if they know he's only gonna extend w/ NY, it's their only leverage at this point.
The only thing that could make sense is CAA w/ Leon Rose & Worldwide Wes is pushing Melo cause they haven't seen %!*$ in terms of $$ since he's switched to their side cause his old deal was signed w/ his previous group, then again I'm sure they're seeing some of his endorsement dollars.

just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by DubA169

JoeBudden hey @lala .... Don't let him accept that trade, please ..... Morton's on me if u dead that s**t

joe's got the right idea, go after lala

wait til the summer.... we cant get rid of chandler. gallo douglas mason curry and a bag of chips should snag melo throw 3 picks in there for good measure.

AND PLAY MOZGOV 20 MINS PER GAME , HE AINT GETTING NO BETTER ON THE BENCH. AR NEEDS TO BULK UP

Amar'e Stoudemire answered "No question, absolutely" when asked if he still wants to play with another superstar.

Stoudemire spoke generally about the rumors surrounding a potential Carmelo Anthony trade.

"I don't know what's going on," Stoudemire said. "I just hope it works out for the best."

Reports are that the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons are lining up a three-team trade that Anthony would essentially have to approve by signing a long-term contract extension with New Jersey.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...to_play_with_another_superstar/#ixzz1Ah1hGf2a

and remember. budden is from new jersey hahaha. true knicks fan

i honestly think him on the nets would wear on alot of lala and his friendships.

lala is actually from jersey too but she never reps it... my sister went to highschool with her when she was a nobody

It all brings them back to their most vexing problem. D’Antoni said he was working to reinsert Timofey Mozgov into the rotation. The 7-1 Mozgov has played sparingly for the last month after beginning the season as the starting center.

D’Antoni elaborated on why he placed Stoudemire back in Friday’s blowout win over Phoenix by saying he wanted Mozgov to become comfortable playing alongside Stoudemire.

“It’s really nice to say we need a starting center,

At least Tim Legler can repeat what we've all been saying as far as winning and $$$

D'Antoni don't know what he doing, changing the line up every game. Turiaf should've been starting.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It all brings them back to their most vexing problem. D’Antoni said he was working to reinsert Timofey Mozgov into the rotation. The 7-1 Mozgov has played sparingly for the last month after beginning the season as the starting center.

D’Antoni elaborated on why he placed Stoudemire back in Friday’s blowout win over Phoenix by saying he wanted Mozgov to become comfortable playing alongside Stoudemire.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'll never understand the hate for D'antoni that is so prevalent in this thread.  This team has exceeded expectations this year and all I ever see is people complaing about the guy. Players win games in the NBA not coaches.

^ Sounds like a joke.
eyes.gif
$!#@ Ujiri and Kroenke.

What I'm understanding is that Melo wants to play with CP3 and Amar'e. But what his agent and people around him are selling him is that the Knicks have Felton, they don't think they need CP3, and Amar'e doesn't want another superstar on the Knicks. And that he'll never make back all the money he'll lose getting signed in the summer.

Looks like the Nets picked up our plan and ran with it. Even though they'll still be garbage and won't make the playoffs this year and maybe not next year, the 'New Yorkers' will be in a good position to make a trade for Chris Paul in 2012, since they can trade Chauncey's expiring contract + parts. And then they'll have Rip's expiring contract, too.

Vomit.

Back
Top Bottom