**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

patrick ewing, houston, amare never yuck it up.

maybe dwight could be like johnson. on his granmama steez

i think some of you guys are falling in love with the players on the team too much if you really think we do not need melo. yes we dont need to gut our team for him this year, but it is essential we sign him during the off-season. our offense becomes STAGNANT when stat is not in the game. we really have a hard time scoring.

a lot of you are calling for dantoni's head for playing small ball but he's just working with what we have. we finally have a great player in amare and look at where we are. we are 21-14. this isn't just because we signed amar'e and felt. dantoni has been playing the best options we have and only that. yea it hurts that we get killed on the boards but this is a team in progress and i don't think anyone would have thought we would be THIS good. i thought we would be a .500 team at best. the bigs we have now are not good let's be real. turiaf is a liability on offense and mozgov has looked like he's been walking through brownsville brooklyn at midnight everytime he walks on the court. straight shook. all i'm saying is ya'll shouldn't be so hard on dantoni. we been winning games with the team we have and we still have many holes to fill. once we do fill the holes this team will be scary

That's another reason why I said we should be focused on as many steals we can get through trades. This waiting game don't fly. I always felt trade deadline was our deadline. Wait for the off season just to see Melo sign somewhere else.

Donnie's done a good job but now we need great. I hope Allan has a long term plan just in case everything doesn't pan out currently.

This small ball ++#! wont work forever, especially during the playoffs.

Revisiting old trade scenarios, if all it'd take is just Curry and a second round pick, i'd GLADLY take Iggy.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

those who have a twitter really need to blow his twitter up with some philosophical %@$! that will @$%! with his mind and convince him to sign with us this summer

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I say whoever has a Twitter.. Blow Melos Twitter upTell him to wear a Knicks fitted or a Yankee fitted to the next pres conference after a gameLol

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._guy_will_be_glad_if_knicks_dont_get_carmelo/[/h1]
[h1]Amar'e 'Likes Being The Guy,' Will Be Glad If Knicks Don't Get Carmelo[/h1]
Jan 10, 2011 3:39 PM EST

A former Phoenix teammate of Amar'e Stoudemire says that the power forward would prefer that New York not add Carmelo Anthony.

"Amar'e will embrace any teammate, but if it were up to him, I know he'd rather just see the Knicks stay the way they are," said the former teammate.

"Amar'e likes being the guy. He likes the players that are around him. I know he's thinking, 'Why would we want to change this?'

"I don't think he's going to be that upset if the Knicks don't get Carmelo, I'll tell you that."

Stoudemire said on Friday that the Knicks "don't really need much."

I'm trying to believe this but i don't think i can. These M'Fers planned this at dudes wedding ! Ya suppose to beat Miami together

Originally Posted by BangDak

This small ball ++#! wont work forever, especially during the playoffs.

Revisiting old trade scenarios, if all it'd take is just Curry and a second round pick, i'd GLADLY take Iggy.
You say you don't wanna do small ball forever but if we trade Eddy and a 2nd for Iggy we're probably gonna see a lot of Amare-Wilson-Gallo/Fields-Iggy/Fields-Felton together.

the media is doing what the media does. i saw another article already saying amare wants melo here and that's ridiculous to say he doesn't.

That article is complete *+@%%%$* BULL $%#$!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the VERY FIRST THING Amar'e said after signing to the Knicks? "Yo I'm over here texting Tony Parker and Melo trying to tell them they need to be here."

Take that $%#$ down Yeeuup. I wasn't even mad about the usual tactics these bastards in the media use but this sabotage is uncalled for and unwarranted. Whoever this former teammate is deserves to be stoned. Talking about he knows what Amar'e is thinking. Probably Channing Frye's %%$!% +%+

i don't recommend going on real GM hahaha. if you think we are all a little batty, those dudes are straight up sick in the head. there are some wiiiierdos

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

That article is complete *+@%%%$* BULL $%#$!!!!!!!!!!!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What was the VERY FIRST THING Amar'e said after signing to the Knicks? "Yo I'm over here texting Tony Parker and Melo trying to tell them they need to be here."[/color]

Take that $%#$ down Yeeuup. I wasn't even mad about the usual tactics these bastards in the media use but this sabotage is uncalled for and unwarranted. Whoever this former teammate is deserves to be stoned. Talking about he knows what Amar'e is thinking. Probably Channing Frye's %%$!% +%+

word

Here's the deal, if Melo goes to the Nets and signs (which he won't), I want the Knicks to bring in a young shooting guard, maybe JR Smith, maybe Daequan Cook (somebody that could spread the floor real well) and use Curry's contract to bring in a solid big. Hell, I know Norleans is playing well, but if they wanted to trade Okafor I'd take him.

That article said the source of the comments is "a former teammate in PHX."..That's not a credible source AT ALL...For all we know, it could be Phoenix's 11th man off the bench trying to get some attention..Amar'e would STILL be that dude in NYC even with Carmelo because everyone would know Carmelo wouldn't be here if it wasn't for signing Amar'e..And it's not like Amar'e is gonna be dropping 15 a game with Carmelo here..If anything, the person whose points will drop the most because of Carmelo would be Felton, and probably Chandler as well

Originally Posted by Al3xis

now we're onto the 2012 crop? 
laugh.gif

I'm patient, but not that patient. You don't waste 2 prime years from Amare. Losing out on Melo, doesn't bother me much, but you can't just shelve this year and next hoping for Cp3 or Dwight. Been there, done that. There is young talent and there is cap room, no need to sit on it.

I'm not saying you go do something like trade for Igoudala, but you gota make a move to get another star in here shortly.

There is a real good shot at a lockout next year is all I'm saying...It's not like we are going to be wack next year if we don't add someone significant, the young guys (Gallo/Will) are only going to keep getting better. And I expect CP3 to be traded either over the summer or during next season if a lockout doesn't happen with the mediocrity/financial state of the Hornets.

I feel like ever since 2008 we've been waiting for certain players to get out of their contracts so we can sign them. By doing this, we wasted plenty of years. We should've really learned our lesson during the Summer of 2010 free agency. We spent 2 years shedding contracts and losing games just to have some cap space and when we finally had a chance to sign Lebron and someone else we got screwed over. Sure, we ended up with Amare, but if he really going to win a title by himself with some above average role-players?

Let's face it, we're not going to win titles with this current roster. Sure, we'll make the playoffs, but if we continue on this road we'll be looking at a lot of second-round exits. And right now, for the looks of it it seems like we're waiting again for Melo. Hoping he waits in out till the Summer to become a free agent so he can sign with us. Nothing is promised or guaranteed with any of this, because trades like this Nets deal can happen.

After all of us hearing 'Melo might now go to NJ, some of you guys aren't phased. I wonder why? Is it because you're willing to wait again? Waiting for what? 2012 free agent class? Because if you are, I'll tell you one thing. Waiting gets you nowhere. I don't think some of you guys realize just how much we need 'Melo. I know we're all happy that we're winning games now, but for how long will you guys stay happy when we'll continue to get eliminated by the second round of the playoffs? We've lost countless amount of games this year just because of the simple fact that we didn't have a player who can create their own shot?

I don't care how satisfied anyone is. The ultimate goal is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS! We won't do that with just Amare and bunch of solid role players. We need to take necessary steps towards winning and the next step MUST be 'Melo.

According to Chris Broussard, Denver is trying to force the Nets to take Al Harrington as well but the Nets aren't willing to do so because Al has 4 years/28 mill left on his contract...If the Nuggets are insistent on this package, no way the Nets would even wanna go through with this trade

There is a huge difference between waiting for 2012 and the Lebron-a-thon. Donnie did what had to be done to make us competitive. Yes, the ultimate prize was Lebron, but we also had some of the worst contracts ever and a collection of misfits that didn't play well together. the shedding of contracts and "not being competitive" has put us in the position to wait until 2012 and still make the playoffs for 2 years.

Michael Kay just said he heard months ago from someone close to Melo that he will only sign with us. So since that is in line with my beliefs I will believe it.

If you can acquire Cp3 or anyone else before that date, great. I'm just saying I'd rather not wait things out until the summer of 2012.
There is a huge difference between waiting for 2012 and the Lebron-a-thon. Donnie did what had to be done to make us competitive. Yes, the ultimate prize was Lebron, but we also had some of the worst contracts ever and a collection of misfits that didn't play well together. the shedding of contracts and "not being competitive" has put us in the position to wait until 2012 and still make the playoffs for 2 years.
Don't get me wrong, I've been completely on board with his overall outlook of things. And still am. I'd just prefer to get a 2nd star next to Amare before he turns 30.

Reports are saying that the new collective bargaining agreement will not only target new contracts, but also lower the amount of previous contracts..This means even if Melo was to sign an extension with a team now, that $65 million wouldn't be guaranteed once the new collective bargaining agreement is made..It could easily be reduced by 5-10 mil, meaning it wouldn't be more than if he was to just sign a contract in the offseason..If this is true, that will most definitely turn Carmelo off to the idea of signing to a team such as the Nets

I forgot who said it, but "waiting" for 2012 is wasting Stat's prime years. Its stupid, ******ed, and idiotic.

Im pretty sure we've had enough years of mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom