**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

If im Donnie i offer Gallo, AR, Walker, Curry, and Buike at the Deadline for Melo.

donnie_walsh--300x300.jpg

Take it or leave it.

Mafioso style
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I think that deadline deal is offering too much. If Melo is still in Denver by then, I think Denver is desperate and would take less than that.

I really dislike JR, but he can shoot the 3, score in bunches and play SG for us, I believe he's an expiring.. and worst case scenario D'Antoni benches him and he gets to ride the pine.

If bringing Smith along with Melo lets us keep Chandler and Fields im all for it. Remember , only way we can keep Chandler and have Melo is if we trade for him and then sign chandler again in the off-season going over the cap.

We CANNOT trade 5-6 players for 1 player...That's not gonna work...Turiaf is injury prone and Felton/Amar'e are playing big minutes early in the season so nobody knows how they'll hold up throughout the season...And isn't there a minimum amount of players you need on your roster? I think it's 12 players..We can't have 9 players with 3 random fillers...I'll take JR because in an offense where 3's are never frowned upon, he could score a lot

However, Chris Sheridan wrote that article so idk how much faith I have in it...Dude has been saying we will SOON get Carmelo for months
30t6p3b.gif

Why cant we have 9 players? This ******ed coach likes to use small rotations anyway.

TBH, i really wouldnt mind JR, but that wing would be WAY too stacked. We shoot enough 3's as it is. One of the main reasons why we're winning is because we're actually driving in, and for the occasional kick out for the open 3.

This worked out in the trade machine. Shrugs.

NY bound: Melo and Anthony Carter
Denver bound: Bill Walker, Rautins, AR, TD, Chandler, Cheeseburgers.

Trade Still works if you add JR into the mix, but you'd probably have to add some slight cash to even it out (they'd probably get money regardless).

(Note Anthony Carter cant be traded until Dec. 15)

Found this online "In the NBA, there must be a minimum of 10 players on a team and a maximum of 15 players. Only 12 players can be active to play a game, and 10 players must be active with 5 starters and 5 reserves, or bench players. There are 5 from each team playing on the court at any one time. If a team does not have 5 players on the court, the team forfeits and the other team automatically wins"

That means if we keep Buike, he wouldn't count as 10 because he's not an active player..So technically we need 11...And I agree with the whole idea of not having too many 3 point shooters, but better shooters means more spacing for Amar'e to do work in the paint

this ******ed coach is doing as good of a coaching job as anyone short of Popovich to this point.

just sayin.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I caved and bought Christmas day tix right after this game.
laugh.gif
Lucky, how much?

$249 for 2 tix, 200 level corner. I was in this exact same section for the Open Practice and had a nice view of things. Ideally I'd be in center court, but I'll take it as the best deal out there IMO.

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...avaliers_may_push_hickson_in_trade_scenarios/[/h1]
[h1]Cavaliers May Push Hickson In Trade Scenarios[/h1]

Dec 12, 2010 11:30 AM EST

Hickson_JJ_cle.jpg
The Cavaliers have made forward J.J. Hickson untouchable in trade talks in the past, but Bob Finnan of The News-Herald writes that may be changing.

Hickson isn't happy with his reserve role and after entering the season as Cleveland's most promising player he's been far from it.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...ers_may_make_hickson_available/#ixzz17wgTztBX

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...ers_may_make_hickson_available/#ixzz17wgTztBX

Again, just like to say that I'd rather wait and sign Melo in the offseason. If dude really wants to play here like all the speculation says, he will sign here. Let Dallas or Charlotte rent him for the rest of the year.

Trade for Melo right now, but don't give up the likes of Wil & Fields. I've said it before, as much as I love Gallo on this team, having him behind STAT, Melo, & even Felton and Chandler on most nights, makes him expendable.

Gallo
Curry
AR
Buike (hate to lose him and not give him a shot here, but whatever can sweeten the deal, do it)
Walker (open to trading him more-so than Buike given we know what we will get out of him. Also, he won't see much PT here anyway)

Man we know this team isn't gonna win a championship or maybe even go deep into the playoffs, but i haven't had this much fun in a regular season in a long %%%$%## time. Let the chemistry stay as is. Go after a piece or two, but go after the big dogs in the offseason instead of reshifting so much of the roster.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Team NYK seems split down the middle 50/50 if we should deal for Melo or wait till the offseason. I don't know what we should do
I agree seems like we are pretty split. I dont know why we wouldnt wait until the offseason tho. Do we need to win right now? are we not already headed in the right direction this season without melo?
Anyone on the other side of the fence care to explain why we need him this season (especially considering what we would have to give up for him).

If we want Melo this season, I'd say getting him quickly. Let him and Knicks players develop their chemistry early like Felton and Stoudemire.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Man we know this team isn't gonna win a championship or maybe even go deep into the playoffs, but i haven't had this much fun in a regular season in a long %%%$%## time. Let the chemistry stay as is. Go after a piece or two, but go after the big dogs in the offseason instead of reshifting so much of the roster.
Exactly.  We've had chemistry woes for what feels like centuries.  I don't want to risk losing what we have right now.

Let the NYKs remind everyone of the importance of team play and role players in a league where all-stars get all the credit. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Exactly.  We've had chemistry woes for what feels like centuries.  I don't want to risk losing what we have right now.

Let the NYKs remind everyone of the importance of team play and role players in a league where all-stars get all the credit. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
x2

Back
Top Bottom