**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by BangDak

Mez ignored my "where do you live question twice" smh
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I hope you enjoyed this game, in 3D homie.
laugh.gif
My fault, i'm out in Queens near Corona/Jackson Heights.

Chris Sheridan is reporting that Melo told the Nuggets that he will not sign an extension unless he is traded to the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Chris Sheridan is reporting that Melo told the Nuggets that he will not sign an extension unless he is traded to the Knicks.
Huh? So if Denver wants to trade him to the Knicks then he will sign an extension with Denver?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Buggin, Melo here makes us a 50 win team.

I think we win 50 this year. Without him.

Getting Melo gets us into the Conference Finals for epic battles.
glasses.gif

Updated: December 12, 2010, 4:46 PM ET

[h2]Source: Melo pushing trade to Knicks[/h2]

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

1975.jpg
Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that.

Cavs wouldnt even give Hickson for Stat
laugh.gif

and Proph, you seem to know who everybody is & and they live.
nerd.gif

I say don't trade for him. This way we don't give up any chips and then sign him next year, or whenever the lockout ends. We'll be in much better shape then. Fields has really been impressing me lately. He'd be definitely part of a package. I'm just happy that I can watch Knicks games now and actually enjoy the entire game because it's actually watchable.

i just read an article a couple days ago where he said he's still considering denver's extension and he wasn't ruling it out. and that came from his mouth and not sources speculating

Team NYK seems split down the middle 50/50 if we should deal for Melo or wait till the offseason. I don't know what we should do

For people like me who want keep Chandler and acquire Melo we wouldn't have enough space to sign both of them. With Bird Rights, we can indeed go over the cap to re-sign a player, but we need to be under the cap to sign Melo. We can't sign Melo first and then Chandler, because Wilson has a cap hold, which would prevent us from having enough space to sign Melo in the first place. We can renounce our rights to Wilson, and then free up the cap hold and have enough room for Anthony, but then we'd lose Wilson's Bird Rights.

I don't think anyone is really split on the issue.

Ideally he waits it out in Denver and signs in the summer.

But, that's a big risk and leap of faith to take. so you probably need to take an aggressive approach to not let him go elsewhere.

I'm pretty confident Donnie will be on top of things and make the correct move.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Cavs wouldnt even give Hickson for Stat
laugh.gif

and Proph, you seem to know who everybody is & and they live.
nerd.gif

nah, man lol...I just know Mez from back in college

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

what the hell does that even mean?

it says on ESPN that he only wants a trade to the knicks. not what proshares wrote

I just typed in what the text from ESPN on my phone.  Here's the first couple lines of the article.
NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom