**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Great win...Amare and Felton are a good combo.

Amare goes into beast mode in the 2nd half...happy to see knicks doing good
pimp.gif

Gotta beat the teams on your schedule you're supposed to beat. That tough stretch will make or break our season and I feel we stay very competitive.

Gotta love this stretch now though. Amar'e and Felton killing it!!!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

RAY. MUN. FELL. TON.

This needs to be a consistent chant in the Garden. I'm not gonna lie I wasn't really diffing Felton, but he def. changed my mind in this stretch of games. And that shot sealed it for me. He's a big time player and you can tell he and Amare are the influence in the whole team.

And Stat is playing at a MVP level.

D'antoni should have had Gallo guarding Andre.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I was like when the hell did amare get 30?!?!? when Breen said "6th straight 30 pt game!!!"
I really thought there was an end to that streak honestly.
Same here man. I took a break from the game around the end of the 3rd quarter and saw that Amar'e had like 12pts and then I tune in towards the end of the 4th and see he has 30.
I was like this man is a BEAST.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

just got back from the game

the garden was **@$@@! booonkers. pleeeease tell me you heard the mvp chants
Yea, it was pretty loud...I was at the game too, when Felton put up the 3, thought it was a brick, but that %!+* kept bouncing and when it went in, everyone went nuts...great atmosphere, good win
pimp.gif

Seems like the days of the 300 level being empty enough to move around and find a nice empty space are over, it was pretty packed in there tonight for a game against the Raptors

Through extensive research of the game film, i have conclusively decided that the culprit to Felton's game winner has to be either (dont know how to do spoiler)...

c4f35d90e38aa6cece191c4358a901dfb22a957.png
or
b16156e2a5c218544f88d9607dae65391c605ac.png

simply no other explanation possible
laugh.gif

that shot had me like...

045157eda9ce1b5685cac312b22a6df7fa2373b.jpg

6c3353bee90fa1b0ce4b11505c0f645f6440b6d.jpg

feels good
pimp.gif
....... flashback nate pic tho
frown.gif

STAT-city, wake the %$%% UP. son is straight up feasting on the Ns. Been beautiful watching him go to work in the 4th quarter
pimp.gif

I'm shocked right now. The $%#@@*% Knicks are back. As an NBA fan, it feels good.

As a Sixers fan though
frown.gif

Went to the game tonight thanks to Roger Mason Jr. Won a couple tickets and guest passes on twitter. Great game, and I got to meet players after the game.

Greatest sports experience yet.

I'll post pics at some point tomorrow.

Single handed the best Knicks game I've ever been too. The MVP chants, the packed house all the way to the end.. it was a playoff type game.. the game winner by Felton.. Stat literally dominating the 4th quarter.. so epic. I just hope it continues.. I can't believe, the Knicks just may be back!

The Knicks are a fun team and a great story, especially since everyone who hits the floor is a fairly likable guy.

I'm not a Knicks fan but I've been pulling for them to get better for years. Here's hoping to a decent performance on that upcoming stretch of games.

[h1]Felton's 3 with 2.7 left puts Knicks over Raptors[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 5:25 AM

The Knicks' MVP candidate and his All-Star sidekick willed the club to another comeback victory last night.

It's a whole new world at the World's Most Famous Arena, now starring Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton.

The "MVP" chants for Stoudemire blasted through the Garden last night for the first time with 45 seconds left, and the Knicks up three points and the ball.

After the night began drearily with Stoudemire in foul trouble and the Raptors building a 13-point lead, the Garden's new king led the Knicks all the way back with 18 fourth-quarter points, a 34-point, 14-rebound, two-block finish and a 113-110 triumph over the pesky Raptors.

09.2s077.knicks1--300x300.jpg

JASON SZENES/ NY POST

IT'S GOOD! Raymond Felton hits the game-winning 3-pointer with 2.7 seconds remaining to give the Knicks a 113-110 victory over the Raptors last night at the Garden.

Stoudemire's sixth straight 30-plus outing - and the most improbable one - would not have been enough without Felton's early roll -- and late roll.

After the Raptors tied the score on scorching Andrea Bargnani's 3-pointer, Felton dribbled free and launched his own 3-point bomb that was not as pretty but just as effective. Felton's trey hit the rim four times, then the backboard and fell through with 2.7 seconds left -- more evidence the stars are aligning for the Knicks.

"Even if it didn't [go in], I was there for the offensive board," Stoudemire said.

Felton finished with 28 points -- 20 in the first half -- on an evening he continued to establish himself as a solid bet to play on All-Star weekend, especially if the Knicks keep above .500 once the schedule turns tougher on Sunday when they play host to Carmelo Anthony's Nuggets.

The Knicks, who have won six straight, are on an incredible 11-1 roll -- their first 11-1 stretch since the 1994-95 season -- moving five games over .500. at 14-9.

It doesn't matter to the Knicks that 10 of the 11 wins have come against teams with losing records.

"We feel we can play with the best of them," said Stoudemire, who is one shy of tying the franchise record of seven straight 30-point games, set by Willie Naulls in 1962.

"Those two guys are unbelievable, willing us to wins, leadership, whatever," Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said.

Stoudemire said he enjoyed the resounding MVP chant but was quick to credit his teammates.

"That is great," he said. "It is a team chant because it wouldn't happen without team success. So it is for all of us to have that confidence."

"He's my league MVP thus far," Felton said. "He's playing great. He's being a great leader. He's leading by example. He's being more vocal than he's ever been in his whole career."

Stoudemire, who has won two of the last three Eastern Conference Player of the Week awards, is working on his third. After having just two points with 2:30 left in the half, he exploded for 32 points across the next 26:30 minutes.

"I challenge anyone to guard Amar'e," D'Antoni said.

Stoudemire was 9 of 13 in the fourth quarter, hitting jumpers, runners and dunks. He continued his attack even after picking up his controversial fifth foul with 2:09 left, as Toronto's DeMar DeRozan initiated contact on a drive.

With Stoudemire, the leadership starts on the plane ride. According to the coaching staff, Stoudemire can be seen on his laptop, replaying that day's game on the plane, sitting in the front, often talking to the coaches about strategy.

D'Antoni said he loves how Stoudemire has become a serious student of the game, exuding professionalism, and calls his mind "inquisitive."

Stoudemire and Felton's professionalism has rubbed off and filtered down to all the players.

"It's all about basketball now, watching film and studying," Stoudemire said. "And in my free time I'll read to educate myself."

Stoudemire said has been reading a "diverse book" -- Sun Tzu's Art of War.

"It's about trying to win a war without having a war," Stoudemire said. "I'm trying to apply those rules to basketball."

Stoudemire is winning the war and winning over every basketball fan in New York.

"It's a lot of fun," Stoudemire said. "Anytime you can win the way we have been and play with this type of swagger, it is so much fun. We just want to keep that roll going."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...icks_msg_qsbwQzaRrQsQ5g76HuXhfJ#ixzz17cJ3gJg6

indifferent.gif
at ESPN trying to discredit our win streak then right after praise the Heat's. Who the %$#@ have they played besides the Jazz ?

We've been a joke for a decade, and Miami has Wade and Bron.....shouldn't be a surprise.

[h1]http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...nicks-carmelo-on-a-collision-course-1.2528898
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...nicks-carmelo-on-a-collision-course-1.2528898[h1]http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...nicks-carmelo-on-a-collision-course-1.2528898Are Knicks, Carmelo on a collision course?[/h1]
3:15 AM By Alan Hahn

image.JPG

The Knicks were never able to show LeBron James this kind of potential, but maybe it'll work for Carmelo Anthony. Amar'e Stoudemire is playing at an MVP level and Raymond Felton like an all-star and on Sunday afternoon, the Garden crowd will be singing along to Mariah Carey:

All I want for Christmas is you....

This ought to be an interesting weekend in New York. Carmelo, who sat out Wednesday's game in Boston with knee inflammation, plays in Toronto on Friday. He and the Nuggets will practice in New York City on Saturday before Sunday's 12 noon game at the Garden. Anthony, who spent the first eight years of his life living in Brooklyn, always has a huge entourage waiting for him when he arrives here but now that group has doubled after his marriage to fellow Brooklynite Lala Vazquez, who will likely make the trip, as well. How much rest do you think Carmelo gets Saturday night in Manhattan? The Knicks are hoping none.

And unlike those games when the Knicks would play LeBron, look incredibly meek and years from being a contender, Carmelo is likely to witness a raucous atmosphere and see a team, led by the Stoudemire-Felton duo, that may be a lot closer than anyone expected them to be at this point in the rebuilding process.

[Bloghost note: This run of 11 wins in the last 12 started after the Knicks loss in Denver. Considering the difficulty of the upcoming schedule, it would be coincidence if the run ended against Denver, too.]

As Fixer buddy K-Berg reported tonight for CBSSports.com, the Nuggets are prepared to trade their star if he isn't going to accept a contract extension to remain in Denver. The idea is they don't want to lose him for nothing, or next-to-nothing in a sign-and-trade. But they don't have the power to be greedy here, so unless Carmelo decides New Jersey is an acceptable result -- not to mention joining a Nets team that is already 10 games under .500 at 6-16 -- or a team such as the Bulls or Magic surprisingly emerge (don't sleep on either), the Nuggets may not have a choice. Their only other option may be to sell him as a mercenary to the highest bidder, who is willing to acquire him without an extension in place.

Donnie Walsh will play this with his usual poker face. You certainly don't want to gut the roster right when Mike D'Antoni has his rotation working and there is obvious chemistry on the court. And do you really want to give up Landry Fields with the likelihood that you would have to take back J.R. Smith (George Karl will certainly insist it) in almost any scenario?

This will be a difficult move and not one that will happen quickly, but the process will have to begin, if it hasn't already, soon. There will be a lot of moving parts here and a lot of creativity needed. We're talking about potentially moving one player just to get a first round pick, plus taking on an unwanted player (Smith, for instance). We're talking about involving a third team, perhaps the Sacramento Kings, whose owners, the Maloof family, are reaching some troubled financial times not just with the franchise, but with their private business. Do you find a way to involve, say, Jason Thompson from the Kings with some cash relief and send him to Denver as one of the handful of young players they're seeking?

Do you include Kelenna Azubuike, who hasn't progressed as he and the medical staff had hoped at this point and whom Mike D'Antoni said is not close to being ready to play? If Azubuike doesn't play before Game 42 (Jan. 21 in San Antonio), 80 percent of his $3.3M salary is paid by the NBA's disability insurance policy. It still hits the cap, but it will be important for a team like the Nuggets, who, as we've been telling you, will be looking to save immediate cash if they move Melo. Also factor in the Knicks' willingness to throw the given $3M in cash considerations into any deal. That, coupled with, say 80 percent of Azubuike's salary paid by insurance could mean a nice chunk of change back in the Kroenke wallet.

As Berger's report said, Denver will do something before the Feb. 24 trade deadline if they can't get Carmelo to sign the extension. So Carmelo can speed up the process now if he simply goes to management and makes it official: I don't plan on signing that extension.

Then, if he wants, he can add a second message: I don't plan on signing that extension with anyone other than the Knicks.

And if Melo does decide to go elsewhere, do the Knicks then turn their attention to Andre Iguodala? He has a lot of money left on his contract -- enough to eliminate you from free agency in the coming two years -- but Iggy could fit very well as yet another slasher and, more importantly, defender, for this team. He doesn't have a perimeter game to help stretch the floor, but as a third piece, he could be an athletically dynamic addition to the Felton-Stoudemire duo.

* - Speaking of Fields, he hauled in 10 rebounds against the Raptors for his third straight 10-rebound game. He's averaging 7.6 boards per game, which leads all NBA guards and is better by an entire rebound per game than second-place Andre Iguodala and Dwyane Wade. Fields also told me they're already shooting segments for a mini-show -- Jay Leno "Man on the Street"-type stuff -- he and fellow rookie Andy Rautins are working on with a title they stole from the Fix: "The Andy & Landry Show." I need to learn to copyright this stuff.

* - Another win, more historical references: The 11 wins in 12 games represents the most successful stretch of Knicks play in 16 years. Pat Riley's team won 14 of 15 from Dec. 27, 1994 to Jan. 26, 1995. If the Knicks beat Washington, they would have their longest winning streak in 10 years. The 2000-01 Knicks won seven straight from Dec. 22, 2000 to Jan. 7, 2001. A win would also give the Knicks a 15-9 record, which would match their best start since they were 15-9 in 1999-2000.

* - Amar'e Stoudemire is closing in on Willie Naulls' nearly 50 year old franchise record of seven straight games with at least 30 points. It took 18 points in the fourth quarter to achieve his 34 points against the Raptors and the Knicks needed every single one to get the win. Amar'e heard the chants of "M.V.P.!" from the Garden faithful: "It's great, it feels like you're on top of your game. But it's a team chant to be honest with you because it wouldn't happen if we didn't have team success."

Raymond Felton endorsed the MVP talk about his co-captain.

"He's the league MVP so far," Felton said. "He's stepping up his game, hitting big shots. That is what your All-Star is supposed to do and that's what he is doing. He's doing a great job. I'm proud of him."

Felton's doing a pretty damn good job himself and also stepping up. Stoudemire's big fourth quarter was important, but it could have been all for naught if Felton doesn't get the bounce on that three-pointer with 2.7 seconds left to break the tie at 110.

* - Stoudemire entered the game averaging 7.2 points per game in the fourth quarter, which was second in the NBA tied with Stephen Curry and just 0.1 behind Eric Gordon.

* - Mike D'Antoni went with just an eight-man rotation, as Timofey Mozgov recorded his second DNP-CD of the season (Nov. 19 at Golden State). D'Antoni really mostly played six, with Toney Douglas (22:18) getting the bulk of the minutes off the bench. Ronny Turiaf (8:23) and Shawne Williams (11:17) played spot minutes. After averaging 13.3 points per game over the previous three games, Williams went scoreless and took just one shot.

* - Back to Felton, who had 20 of his 28 points in the first half, when Stoudemire was limited because of early foul trouble. He really got it going in the second quarter, when he scored 11 of the Knicks' 14 points during a stretch that sparked a 23-8 run that ended the half. The Knicks were down by 13 points when the run started and they went into the half leading 59-57.

Felton suddenly started to attack the rim and drew two and-ones, scored on a blow-by and also drilled a step-back three-pointer. All but the three-pointer came against Jerryd Bayless, who was really barking at Felton, which seemed to only fire up the Knicks guard.

"I love when guys start talking," Felton said. "It's fun for me, so it's nothing personal."

When I asked him if Bayless woke him up with the trash talk -- the two were really going at it during Sunday's game in Toronto -- Felton said, "I wouldn't say that. I just took it as a challenge."
[/h1]

Damn. Bayless really is a #%%!* and swallowed what's on the menu.

Back
Top Bottom