**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

5223851177_d4982a56a8_b.jpg

niceee

Originally Posted by MrONegative

^ Agua.
laugh.gif
He's an injury and an Arenas takeover away.
I mean after that Mozgov poster (that will never go away for years), Blake kinda deserves it. 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

If Reke can steal a ROY, why can't Fields?

Hey, I got a question regarding trading for Melo. Why can't Carmelo sign the extension on say the last day he's allowed to and then at the start of the new season (whenever that may be), get traded to the Knicks for a trade exception? I believe either the Jazz or the Raptors (or both?) did that when their FA's left this off-season.

Remember when everyone was waiting to have meetings with ______ and weren't allowed to say they were trying to sign him?

A week before Melo becomes a free agent, the CBA will end. No transactions, or payments or games can happen until there's a new one. Either he gets S&T by the All-Star break or he leaves in FA. He'd probably still get S&T so they could get their exemption, but it would be under the new CBA, and definitely for less money.

Since he didn't try to trick Denver like Cleaveland and Toronto got tricked, they need to move him. He's looking at it the same way as Amar'e did. Success and marketing money aren't guaranteed, contracts are. And letting go of maybe 15 or 20 million just to keep Gallo and Fields on your new team is hard.

Makes you wish Melo didn't decide to be different and sign for 1 more year than his classmates.

Remember when everyone was waiting to have meetings with ______ and weren't allowed to say they were trying to sign him?

A week before Melo becomes a free agent, the CBA will end. No transactions, or payments or games can happen until there's a new one. Either he gets S&T by the All-Star break or he leaves in FA. He'd probably still get S&T so they could get their exemption, but it would be under the new CBA, and definitely for less money.

Since he didn't try to trick Denver like Cleaveland and Toronto got tricked, they need to move him. He's looking at it the same way as Amar'e did. Success and marketing money aren't guaranteed, contracts are. And letting go of maybe 15 or 20 million just to keep Gallo and Fields on your new team is hard.

Makes you wish Melo didn't decide to be different and sign for 1 more year than his classmates.
But couldn't he hypothetically sign the S&T today, get his contract guaranteed then get traded to the Knicks at the start of next season for the trade exception?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

But couldn't he hypothetically sign the S&T today, get his contract guaranteed then get traded to the Knicks at the start of next season for the trade exception?

I'm not really sure how the S&T works (does Denver sign him or does the team that gets him signs him to a new contract), but if he signs it now why would Denver trade him?  Hypothetically Denver can honor the trade, but why help him out if they aren't getting what they want in return.

oh and for last night...

I need to know what episode of star trek is that ^^^ 
laugh.gif

every time i see it,it's like i need to know what he actually said. Or least give me a youtube video lol

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I need to know what episode of star trek is that ^^^ 
laugh.gif

every time i see it,it's like i need to know what he actually said. Or least give me a youtube video lol

I am pretty sure he was demonstrating how he eats fur burger to the spanish chick on the show

what spanish chick are u talking about�i always thought this girl was italian or something
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
she had a nice body tho

i don't have access to knicks games nor do i follow them, but what pick was Landry Fields? dude's a PG and avg's 7 rebounds per game? WTH? rookie of the month should have gone to Blake Griffin.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I see you guys have some momentum building... Ray was honestly the best pick up for y'all this summer imo
Well, with D Rose guarding him it's lightwork
pimp.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pohflylice

i don't have access to knicks games nor do i follow them, but what pick was Landry Fields? dude's a PG and avg's 7 rebounds per game? WTH? rookie of the month should have gone to Blake Griffin.

Landry Fields was a second round pickup..#39? If I'm not mistaken.. not sure. He plays SG not PG and he was named the Eastern Conference rookie of the month. Blake plays in LA.

I hope that clears some questions up
smile.gif

it's crazy to think that if blake played one game last year we might have the rookie of the year with the 39th pick

was watching around the horn and there was a topic for the knicks on the bottom. then they go to commercial, come back and never do a knicks segment. smh

AMP's going to hate me but I just thought we needed to relive this great diatribe by JohnnyRedStorm 
roll.gif

2wpqqgi.jpg

Originally Posted by DubA169

it's crazy to think that if blake played one game last year we might have the rookie of the year with the 39th pick

was watching around the horn and there was a topic for the knicks on the bottom. then they go to commercial, come back and never do a knicks segment. smh
I saw that too. I thought my eyes were deceiving me
laugh.gif

We probably all owe Landry an apology.

I know I do.

Rautins can still go to Europe where he belongs, though.

WOWWW hshshhahahhashahahahahahaahahahahah

just look at all the red. and you still missed two words. but hey nobody knew who landry fields was. nobody checking for stanford. i was also for rautins because i figured we wanted to put another shooter around lebron. i mean ladry who??? at least i had heard of rautins.

but hey the knicks are cursed so we deserve a rookie to cheer for. donnie deserves far more credit for this pick.

Back
Top Bottom