Official 1/17 [[ Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings ]] Divisonal Round Match-Up (1PM FOXHD)

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I wish espn and everybody else would go back to hating on us I liked it alot better that way.

Hell no, F the media and the spotlight.

Look how much better we're playing right now as opposed to when the spotlight was on us.

Or should I say, when TO was on our team.

Dallas period, we are hot right now. Will be a good game but Dallas will win this game also. Nobody wants to play us right now. We will wait and see whathappens, cant wait.

Originally Posted by MHT214

You can call your[Vikings] team whatever you want...but dont call them "Americas Team". Thats already been taken..

Cowboys are Americas only team.

i swear some people cant read...

vikings got this, nobody comes into the dome and wins, NOBODY. after this it's smooth sailing to the superbowl
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A disciplined defense with speed on the ends and power in the middle is hard to stop.
Close first quarter and then the route is on!

TO THE BOWL YALL, TO THE BOWL!

Originally Posted by MPire

I am unable to read as well. So can you guys clarify this joke?
There's no joke.

I said "Amercia's Team" and "NFL's Hottest Team"

For some reason people got confused and thought I was talking about the Vikings for one of them or both of them which is hilariously moronic. I'm obviouslytalking about Dallas for both of them.

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

vikings got this, nobody comes into the dome and wins, NOBODY. after this it's smooth sailing to the superbowl
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's what I thought in '98....and 2001. I'll believe it when it happens, and like I've said in those years...If it doesn't happen thisyear, will it ever?

As it becomes clear that the Viking's opponent next week will be the Dallas Cowboys, things start to sort themselves out and the focus returns from the week of inactivity.
Vikings defensive lineman Pat Williams was asked to give his input on the upcoming event.

"The Vikings will win their first playoff game. It's a guarantee." said Williams.

Here's how it came about:

Williams was asked on Monday, "Joe Namath waited until the Super Bowl to guarantee a win. You want to guarantee a Super Bowl win today?"

"No, I ain't (giving a) guarantee (for the Super Bowl). We just have to win this first game. I guarantee we win this first game, though," he said.. "Yeah, we're going to win this first game."

[h1]Barber sits out Cowboys practice[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 13, 2010 6:29 PM ET
A report earlier this week sounded confident in Marion Barber's status for Sunday's game, but Cowboys coach Wade Phillips doesn't sound so sure.

"If there's any way he can play in the game I think he will," Phillips said. "And I think he's better, so we'll see tomorrow as far as practice is concerned."

Barber, who grew up and played college in Minnesota, was the only Cowboys player to miss practice Wednesday.

Tackle Marc Colombo (ankle), safety Gerald Sensabaugh (thumb), linebacker DeMarcus Ware (wrist, back), and safety Pat Watkins (knee) all had full participation.

Six Vikings were limited in practice: Guard Steve Hutchinson (shoulder), defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy (thumb), punter Chris Kluwe (back), tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (quadricep), defensive tackle Pat Williams (elbow), and cornerback Antoine Winfield (foot).

All of the Vikings are expected to play.

[h1]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/13/favre-makes-an-indirect-guarantee/[/h1]
[h1]Favre makes an indirect guarantee[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2010 2:25 PM ET
During his weekly Wednesday press conference, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre offered up a backhanded indication regarding his belief that the home team will prevail on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

"Honestly, I see us sitting here next week having this press conference again," Favre said, per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "If that doesn't happen, to me it will be a shock."

In other words, "We're gonna win."

Then again, maybe Favre is having an advance press conference deja vu from all those past times he has retired and unretired.

You guys can continue to try to pound the "Cowboys beat the Saints at home when they were undefeated" argument into our heads but it's nevergoing to stick.

Congrats, you beat the Saints who were undefeated at the time. Congrats you beat the Saints who were undefeated at home. Tell me what happened the next week atthe Superdome though?

4910892fd5443d18a136167ea4b81baa-getty-88973952js012_tampa_bay_buc.jpg

d0e00ba9c02340319829e2e4e70e49b6-getty-88973952js011_tampa_bay_buc.jpg

It's obvious that if the 2-12 Buccaneers can walk into the Superdome and do exactly what you guys did just one week later, it's nothing to really getboastful about
laugh.gif

Do the Saints field the same 22 starters as the Vikings? Nah.
Do the Patriots field the same 22 starters as the Vikings? Nope.

So are you really arguing that just because those teams couldn't defend their home field it means the Vikings can't or won't?
laugh.gif

Am I saying the Cowboys can't come in and win? No, I'm not saying that all. "Any given Sunday" as they say. But please. That argument islaughable
laugh.gif
....try to bring something that will factor into the game more to the table.

The Bucs beating the Saints at home after us means nothing. The Saints were crippled after their loss to us. We took away their undefeated season, in their ownstadium. So please don't act the Bucs beating them after us is just as impressive as our win. Now that is laughable.

As far as the game... The Vikes have a great offense, no denying that. But if the Boys can pressure Favre, I'm not too worried. I believe we stillhaven't allowed a 100 yd rusher, so AP will get his yards, but I don't see him destroying us. And Brett is a smart QB, but he is not mobile. Ware,Spencer, and Ratliff should have a good game. As far as their D, I just can't see them stopping our offense. Romo is great at alluding pressure. Andhe's playing the best football of his career. Their secondary doesn't seem that great, and it seems like the loss of EJ is really hurting the LB core.I haven't watched too many games, so ask the Vikings fans on here.

Do you really see the Vikings D being able to stop our passing game? Especially with our great rushing attack?

It seems like this game will fall strictly on the QB's. Who will make more bad decisions? Favre or Romo???

I'm on holidays overseas and they aint showing no NFL games until the superbowl
smh.gif

I think the week rest serves us good. Hopefully guys come back refreshed and ready for this.

Cowboys looking like the best team in the league these past few weeks, but I like our chances.

I like AD to finally have a breakout game in this one.
pimp.gif

JPZ, you know if your fellow fans bring up the 8-0 record at home repeatedly that the Cowboys beating an undefeated team in their house is going to be broughtup consistently as well.

Back
Top Bottom